Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2005   #21
Doom Capers
Veteran

I love your icon Rightnow. If the line isn't any better than last year than David will probably be finishing on IR.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #22
Mr. Old School
Rookie

Just like I expect the O-line to step up this season, I expect nothing less from Davey. Hook 'Em!
Mr. Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #23
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not sure we could fire anyone for the lack of O-line production. The person whose fault it would be would be Casserly in my opinion and he's done to well in other positions to even mention that.

Capers is just working with what he has. If Palmer gets fired it would hard to say what he would have been able to do with a decent o-line (though i dont think it would be much). I think we need a new O-Coordinator good o-line or not.

I mean its the fault up top that the o-line didn't get better. The coaches can only make these guys so much better and we keep taking these LATE round projects to turn into lineman while Carr keeps getting merced.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #24
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
I mean its the fault up top that the o-line didn't get better. The coaches can only make these guys so much better and we keep taking these LATE round projects to turn into lineman while Carr keeps getting merced.
Great point. I can't see anything but positive things for the offensive line. There is no "what if the o-line isn't better?", it has to be better. I honestly feel the whole season is riding on the protection that Carr is/isn't getting.
Old 08-18-2005   #25
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Turk Cometh

Great analysis Keyfro:
The draft is a dice game no doubt. But there should be little doubt there are a couple of guys
currently on the rooster collecting checks who should be selling washers at Sears. I believe that as much as it hurts you got to go to the top. Someone has to be accountable. It will be interesting to see if Mr. McNair will go the full five with this group. If this team catches the right teams with the right guys dinged up they can make a playoff push. It's not all Palmer's fault, or CC's or Capers. But collectively, this has been a very unlucky staff. From Bosselli to Joppru, and Fred Weary... but as an expansion team you expect some bumps. Does he go Tom Landry, or get out the broom ? We'll see. My great hope now, is that we will be in a postion, whoever is in charge, to make a credible push at the AFC championshipin in '06. The parts are all there. This club is a couple of pieces short of being a very very good football team. Never know this group could still get on a run. Happened befor. My expectations however has us picking fairly high in the draft come April. If that happens, I believe Mr. McNair will pull the trigger on this staff. I really like Capers & CC . I really do, But it's a busines. How about .... hmmm what's that guys name that's the D coordinator for Buffallo ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read