Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which team has the best chance of making it this season?
Seattle Seahawks 14 29.17%
Cleveland Browns 0 0%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Houston Texans 16 33.33%
Jacksonville Jaguars 8 16.67%
Detroit Lions 5 10.42%
Arizona Cardinals 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2005   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Teams that have never been to the Super Bowl

These seven teams have never been to a Super Bowl.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #2
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

FINE!

I'll be the first to put the Texans down. Might as well. I don't really feel that any team on that list has a better chance than any other, although there are a couple with a no chance in hell. It's all about parity baby!!!

Old 08-16-2005   #3
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to vote against the Seahawks based on the past few years. I hope the Texans can do it soon but won't get my hopes up too much. I'd lump the Texans, Jags, Lions and Cardinals together as teams that should begin to have legit chances to land in the playoffs for the next few years. The Saints I won't comment on since no matter how much talent they roll out they always seem to blow it.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #4
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Harrington looked solid the other day so I gotta roll with the lions here. 3 great wrs(sshould be) a good rb an above average D(IMO) and Harrington in the works.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I'll go with the Jags. They've got the most important ingredient (really good defense) in place.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #6
bcwray
Veteran

none of these will, but i'll show my houston love
bcwray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'm not going with the homer pick.
Jags do have the Defense in place.
Cardinals are building that team right.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2005   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a "None of the Above" option??

Several are building the right way to get there eventually, but I honestly can't see ANY of them in it this year, no matter how hard I try.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Seahawks, Browns, Saints, have no chance. Texans and Jags are in too tough a conference. Cardinals QB situation isn't too solid, depends on how Warner does.

Lions, though still a longshot, probably have the best chance in a weaker conference if Joey can get it done with all his WRs.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #10
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

There are 3 kinds of people, optimistic, pesimistic, and realistic. I love my Texans to death, but I gotta go with the Seahawks. They have a sweet running games and can grind the ball or dump off to Alexander at any time. I think the only way the Texans will go to the SB this year is to buy tickets
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok so besides us all beign homers and picking the texans, i think it will be seattle !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #12
MarleyFan
Veteran

Houston, why not!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #13
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, that's kinda like going down to the zoo and bettin' on which monkey will discover fire.

I'm gonna say Detroit, with a bucket full of "ifs".
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #14
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I go with 'none of the above' also.
This year, my bet goes on one of these: Ravens, Vikings, Steelers, Falcons, or Chiefs. Would add the Panthers to the list, but that Carolina doctor is making them an unfavorable choice now.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta wont until their glorified running back Mike "Ron Mexico" Vick learns to throw
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #16
GetItHowULive
Rookie

my vote goes to the jags (sorry texans)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read