Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2005   #1
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peter King rips TO a new one

King lays it out and calls TO out.

King article

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

That is a good article about the TO situation. I totally agree with Peter King.
Old 08-15-2005   #3
outofhnd
All Pro

If I am the eagles, I bench him for the year... Let him sit at home with the press and watch the eagles play. I would not tolerate this not to mention the fact he didnt even apologize for his conduct. He said in an interview that he is a "grown man" a "grown man" takes the high road. Hes like the screaming kid in the grocery store screaming because he knows if fusses enough he will get his way. If I am the eagles im having lawyers scour that contract for loopholes where they can get money back from TO.
Old 08-15-2005   #4
bcwray
Veteran

did you see the WR and RB tonight? eagles don't need T.O. He's just a bonus not a necesity
bcwray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwray
did you see the WR and RB tonight? eagles don't need T.O. He's just a bonus not a necesity
Good. The best thing to stuff it to TO is for the Eagles to do well without him. Bench the SOB for the year for insubordination and do it again next year if need be. He would quickly just become background noise and lose the spotlight he sooo desires. Once he is 34 or 35 years old and hasn't played on a few years and no one is paying any attention to him, he MIGHT realise what a fool he is. Probably just blame everyone but himself.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 08-15-2005   #6
bcwray
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Good. The best thing to stuff it to TO is for the Eagles to do well without him. Bench the SOB for the year for insubordination and do it again next year if need be. He would quickly just become background noise and lose the spotlight he sooo desires. Once he is 34 or 35 years old and hasn't played on a few years and no one is paying any attention to him, he MIGHT realise what a fool he is. Probably just blame everyone but himself.
well that would be a bit of wasted money. maybe he will return to the eagles. McNabb will have plenty of weapons. if not maybe a trade. All is good in Eagle land.
Old 08-16-2005   #7
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
If I am the eagles, I bench him for the year... Let him sit at home with the press and watch the eagles play. I would not tolerate this not to mention the fact he didnt even apologize for his conduct. He said in an interview that he is a "grown man" a "grown man" takes the high road. Hes like the screaming kid in the grocery store screaming because he knows if fusses enough he will get his way. If I am the eagles im having lawyers scour that contract for loopholes where they can get money back from TO.

The contract is cut and dry. If he shows he gets paid. Either way they are going to have to pay him his money.
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2005   #8
bcwray
Veteran

he can, and will be fined for insubordination
Old 08-16-2005   #9
outofhnd
All Pro

does TO not realize that it will be hard for any team let alone a winning team to fathom signing him when he becomes a free agent?
Old 08-16-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Quote:
well that would be a bit of wasted money.
It MAY be a wast of money, but if they don't do it, every team in the NFL can look forward to players doing the same thing as their agents try to hold the clubs up to break the bank. If the Eagles hold the line and don't deal with this putz and in essense put his career into the dumper then others will not be doing it for fear of it happening to them.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 08-16-2005   #11
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 29308 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
It MAY be a wast of money, but if they don't do it, every team in the NFL can look forward to players doing the same thing as their agents try to hold the clubs up to break the bank. If the Eagles hold the line and don't deal with this putz and in essense put his career into the dumper then others will not be doing it for fear of it happening to them.
Exactly. The situation is out of hand and they are going to have to deal with it. If it was me I'd bench him for the rest of the season and make an example of him. He got what he wanted last year, he signed a contract, time to stick to it.
Old 08-16-2005   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Were we watching the same game ? The Eagles first team offense looked pathetic if you ask me .

In the Eagles offensive scheme Mcnabb is passing 65% of the time .... w/o T.O. they have NONE of their top 3 recievers from last year ... the loss of T.O. hurts them considerably .

Although i dont agree w/ his childish actions the Eagles do need him to be effective / dominant again this season :brickwall
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Very difficult to fathom how a person being able to have a livlihood doing what he'd want to do most of all, and then earning millions & millions of $ annualy doing just that could even imagine behaving like this, no matter how immature he might be. Maybe he really is sick ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This article just says what we all can see. Terrell Owens isn't a man, he's a spoiled brat-child.

He's going to eventually prove every single one of his critics right. In fact he's most of the way there already.
Old 08-16-2005   #15
Haams
All Pro

I think the Eagles handled this wrong from the beginning. As soon as it was brought up, they should have told him blatantly you show up and play, and we pay you, you don't: and you'll end up in Ricky's boat; next year we"ll be paying you league minimum and you'll owe us money. The NFL has already proved they'll back you up on that. Then the team has to realize he's gonna be a loudmouth, he loves attention, and he's probably gonna publicly badmouth you. You also got one of top 3 receivers in the NFL. He's only a distraction if you allow him to be. The article is right TO is a child, and must be treated like one. Don't argue with him, tell him something once, then punish him, expect him to throw fits. There's absolutely no reason he should tear a team apart.
Haams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #16
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Outstanding article.

Drew Rosenhaus is such a jerk. That's amazing after McNabb stood up for T.O all that time, T.O responds like this.

King's prediction about T.O last off-season was right on the mark.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
The Steelers played zone defense in passing situations where they would usually blitz. Don't put too much stock a preseason game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #18
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarsFan1
The contract is cut and dry. If he shows he gets paid. Either way they are going to have to pay him his money.
You are soooo wrong. If you knew anything about the subject we are talking about you would already know about the clase in EVERY NFL CONTRACT that has to do with conduct detrimental to your organization. :brickwall

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #19
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Were we watching the same game ? The Eagles first team offense looked pathetic if you ask me .

In the Eagles offensive scheme Mcnabb is passing 65% of the time .... w/o T.O. they have NONE of their top 3 recievers from last year ... the loss of T.O. hurts them considerably .

Although i dont agree w/ his childish actions the Eagles do need him to be effective / dominant again this season :brickwall
BS is all I'm hearing.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
BS is all I'm hearing.

Then its obvious to me you didnt watch the Steelers D MANHANDLE the Eagles offense for the ENTIRE first quarter .... Scored 21 points before their O even got a single snap .... Yeah , BS is what you are hearing
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read