Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2005   #21
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Nevermind.
Old 08-15-2005   #22
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

I'm thinking 10-6. But we could start 4-5, or 6-6, and win the last four games. I hope people are patient.
Old 08-15-2005   #23
Diehardtexan
Veteran

I Say fire palmer now and get out of the way, that will shut the dooms and glooms people up now and the rest of us can enjoy the winning season.

10-6 but no playoffs, I think the wild card will come from the AFC north and Indy is going to win the south.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
10-6 but no playoffs, I think the wild card will come from the AFC north and Indy is going to win the south.
Two wild card teams from each conference make the playoffs. You must be thinking Astros & the NL East.
Old 08-15-2005   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7 at best. 8-8 is probably more likely.

We got all giddy about the first two games last year: San Diego and Detroit. Remember all the people predicting an easy 2-0 start? I was one of 'em.

Well, I'm more cautious this year. I have no game-to-game predictions. But I think we improve by a couple wins over last year's record.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #26
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we start 0-2, pull it together in the off week and finish with 9-7.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #27
Maxwel the Great

Thumbs down

I'm reading your posts while I'm playing madden , and I thought, i'll sim the season using Madden and see what he predicts for us. Well turns out Madden is a total ***** because he thinks the best we can do is 6-10. I think we could go 9-7 atleast, and if we stay healthy, 10-6/11-5, Carr to AJ is gonna be a great thing to watch at the end of the season. Davis is gonna be a unstopable force pretty soon. And Dunta Robinson, well......to me has the talent of a young Deion Sander.
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2005   #28
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Two wild card teams from each conference make the playoffs. You must be thinking Astros & the NL East.
My bad Lucky, I'm I'm a Texans, we just made the playoffs. here we come.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #29
playoff year please
Veteran

Default 10-6 but with this coach who knows

I really believe we should be 10-6 at least, but I am not confident in Capers. There just doesn't seem to be enough fire in him.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #30
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that the same ones that are predicting 10-6 or better . . . . are the same ones that will be creating the 'Bad playcalling/Fire Palmer/Fire Capers' threads.

Something that we can all look forward to . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #31
playoff year please
Veteran

Default You shouldn't see that from me later.

you have to admit that our (their) (the teams) (the texans) (the coaches)play calling has been suspect at times. My bigger problem is that I don't see fire in Capers eyes. He always finds good news in our loses. That's not always bad, but sometimes you need to rip your team. Just my opinion as a armchair coach.

Last edited by playoff year please; 08-16-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2005   #32
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
you have to admit that are play calling has been suspect at times. My bigger problem is that I don't see fire in Capers eyes. He always finds good news in our loses. That's not always bad, but sometimes you need to rip your team. Just my opinion as a armchair coach.
It's hard to have fire in your eye when you are speaking in cliche.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #33
playoff year please
Veteran

I can't spell our (are)
Old 08-16-2005   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really believe we should be 10-6 at least, but I am not confident in Capers. There just doesn't seem to be enough fire in him.
Its Palmer im really worried about.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #35
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
I can't spell our (are)
Well admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving your problems.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #36
playoff year please
Veteran

The head coach has the ultimate responsibility. But lets not get too much into the bad coaching stuff right now. The team is good enough. Lets hope for a healthy year, and it will be fun.
Old 08-16-2005   #37
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Still a little early but I'm sticking with 9-7. 7-9 or less and I'll be upset.

I second Marcus' prediction. It will come true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I predict that the same ones that are predicting 10-6 or better . . . . are the same ones that will be creating the 'Bad playcalling/Fire Palmer/Fire Capers' threads.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #38
playoff year please
Veteran

There is no doubt about people calling for jobs if the team doesn't perform. That's the easiest prediction here.
Old 08-16-2005   #39
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is no doubt about people calling for jobs if the team doesn't perform. That's the easiest prediction here.
Yup-that's like saying "2 teams will make it to the Superbowl but only 1 will win!" That's not the prediction though.
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #40
playoff year please
Veteran

I may be too caught up in my work to catch what you mean by (the prediction?)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read