Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2005   #1
Supertex
Rookie

Default Your Analysis on how the season will go

I would like to hear everyones opinion. I will post mine when I have time.
Old 08-14-2005   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

as planned. improvement in most areas, added depth & experience

8-8
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im still saying 10-6. Our line looked better last night.. our running game looked as good as i had hoped it would. If both of those things keep working..everything else will fall into place.

Its still pretty early though.. I look forward to game 3 and 4 of the preseason..when we will see alot more of the first team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #4
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

9-7 improve by 2 wins again
Farough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am confused on some of the reporting out of camp , the reason being is in past years there was more hype . I don't know if this the style of the reporters or are there problems .

I will give the Texans 8-8 with a +2 or -2 correction factor .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say...nothing till after the last preseason game. Still way to much that can happen between now and then.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 and it happens like this (Copied from a previous thread)

09.11 at Buffalo: W

New starting QB and the Texans remembering what happened against San Diego in the 2004 opener. I think the team takes this one seriously and we go 1-0

09.18 Pittsburgh (04 playoff team): W

I believe Pittsburgh is going to start slow in 2005. The Cinderella season is over for the Steelers, they're coming back down to earth in 2005 and the game is played in Reliant. The Texans win their home opener for a 2-0 record

09.25 Bye: W

The bye puts up a heck of a fight (as always) but the Texans hang in there and win in overtime to preserve their perfect start.

10.02 at Cincinnati: W

Can the NFL please show us some mercy with the Bengals and get them off our schedule? Sometimes it feels like we're still in the AFC Central because we play these bums in their clown suits ever year. Maybe it just seems that way because so far they always beat us which really needs to stop if we're going to be seeing them almost every year. Finally we're going to turn that around. Yes, I'm predicting a 3-0 start to the season. I know how messed up that is but, well there you go.

10.09 Tennessee: L

The sweep isn't in the cards this year and when young teams who've never won start the season 3-0 they tend to let down. This is when it happens. The Texans fall to 3-1 here.

On a side note however I predict that if the team manages to again lose to the Bengals (please no) then we rebound to win this game. Regardless we're going to be 3-1 on the Monday following this game.

10.16 at Seattle (national tv - 04 playoff team): W

Maybe this is a bad, homer like prediction based on the simple fact that I have no respect for Holmgren or the Seahawks. So be it. I think we're going to be 4-1 after this game and the talk of the NFL.

10.23 Indianapolis (04 playoff team): W

First win over the Colts. Make a point of being at this one. Texans are 5-1 and people are packing that bandwagon.

10.30 Cleveland: W

Yes, I'm actually thinking that we beat the Browns to go 6-1. I understand that this is starting to look like a pipe dream type prediction but I think this a very winnable game. We owe these guys so bad for last season and they're going through some serious changes this off season. I think we win this one. 6-1 and people are talking about our first trip to the playoffs.

11.06 at Jacksonville: L

The wheels are literally going to fall off the team this week. Just like the Browns have it coming the previous week the Texans are due one smack in the head from the Jags this week. We drop to 6-2 and this game will not look pretty. I bet we get our butts kicked here.

11.13 at Indianapolis (04 playoff team): L

The extreme fair weather fans start hopping off right here because the Colts are going to do exactly what Jacksonville did to us the week before. Beat us badly. Record is 6-3 now.

11.20 Kansas City (national tv): W

Again, like the Bengals this is getting old. It seems like we're always playing the Chiefs. Anyway we're what? .500 against them? We win this one because the Chiefs are going to have a down year IMO and we're going to be part of it. 7-3 as we tie our previous high in wins. No way we can not improve over 2004 with 6 games left.

11.27 St. Louis (04 playoff team): W

This is going to be a tough game but the Texans can do it. Orlando Pace played the Texans this year so he could get more money out of the Rams. He'll be wishing he was on our team after this game. Pace will do his job but he won't be the problem and he won't be able to prevent the loss. Texans are 8-3 now.

12.04 at Baltimore: L

I don't know why, I just think the Ravens will win this game. I guess it could go our way but we're going to lose a couple more and I suspect it'll be here and against Jacksonville. Call it 8-4

12.11 at Tennessee: W

At this point the Titans are out of it and we get the split for the year. 9-4

12.18 Arizona: W

Another young team learning how to win consistently. I really think this could go either way. If the Cards have lost a bunch before this game (say two or three in a row) then I'm more worried then if they come in on a roll. I think we win though and hit 10-4

12.24 Jacksonville: L

Nothing like the first game where I think the Jags will beat us bad but we're not going to win this one. The Jags finally sweep us. It was bound to happen. 10-5

01.01 at San Francisco: W

We finish the year beating the stuffing out of the 49'rs new franchise QB. It'll be fun and we're going to the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

If this happens exactly as I've described I will be accepting cold beer as "tribute" for my predictions.
Old 08-14-2005   #8
3960AD
Rookie

2002- 4-12
2003- 5-11
2004- 7-9

2005- 11-5
Wins: Buffalo, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Francisco.

This is the year we claim glory in the AFC South. Tennessee's offense is shot. Jacksonville will be good, but with our offense, I think we should be able to take them twice.

I think the new defensive look will help us battle the offenses of Indianapolis and Kansas City, while our offense will literally bring the pain to their defenses.

Will be an interesting year.
3960AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7, and any less is unacceptable. So, they better do what I expect or better based on what I think of their overall talent in order to do what I expect (and no less) for the 4th year of a 5 year plan. Otherwise, I will be very unhappy and I know they're real worried about that.

By the end of next year, I expect a play-off win (or at least a tough battle in one).

Last edited by HJam72; 08-14-2005 at 10:23 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #10
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

I am not going as far as 11-5 but I am hoping for a our first winning season.

I think Indy is going to be a little much for us again, but we will handle the rest of the South.

I was very impressed with the play of the 1st teams Saturday night. Carr and Davis looked very confident and looked like they were just having fun.

D-line looked stought and will only get better.

GO TEXANS!!!
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #11
SESupergenius

8-8

09.11 at Buffalo: W

I think we win with this one, despite having trouble with their defense.

09.18 Pittsburgh: L

Having beat the Steelers last time in their house, the Steelers will be looking for revenge. If Porter is back and healthy we should be in for a long day.

10.02 at Cincinnati: L

Cincy just plain owns us. Being away from home for this one will enable the Bengals to pull this one out. Palmer is taking control of the offense and injuries for us should be settling in.

10.09 Tennessee: W

After 2 straight loses we are glad to be back at home and are itching for a win, nobody better to take it out on than the Titans, who are in dissarray.

10.16 at Seattle (national tv - 04 playoff team): L

They are very tough to play at home. Flying all the up to Seattle will take it toll on our players as well as the climate change. Alexander will be pounding it on us ala Priest Holmes.

10.23 Indianapolis (04 playoff team): L

We are still not able to get over the hump as the Buchanon trade will be exposed for what it is.

10.30 Cleveland: W

Just like the Steelers, we too will be looking for revenge. This is the game that will show our heart, either we come out guns blazing with revenge or Capers and Co. and lost this team already.

11.06 at Jacksonville: W

I think we stomp the Jags in this one as they are run down with injuries.

11.13 at Indianapolis (04 playoff team): L

Indoors, on turf, at Indy = Loss. Manning still owns us.

11.20 Kansas City (national tv): W

Chiefies are mad about thier loss in KC, but they don't play like a team with vigor. We should match up well with them and keep LJ in check, but the reverses kill us every time, it will be a tough win.

11.27 St. Louis (04 playoff team): W

This should be a fun game to watch as I think it will be high scoring. I think that their recievers and RB out of the backfield are better than us, but our style of 3-4 should handle that.

12.04 at Baltimore: L
I think we get pounded in this one as Carr hits the cold months. His record during these months is horrible.

12.11 at Tennessee: L
No we beat Titans 4 straight times

12.18 Arizona: L

The Cardinals should be one of the most underrated teams in the league. Their group of WR's have quietly become on of the better units in the league. Our Defense is wearing down due to the ineffectiveness of our offense.

12.24 Jacksonville: W

The Jags should be really hurting from all the injuries they are known for. This one goes to the Texans.

01.01 at San Francisco: W

SF is a horrible team that we can't take lightly. The Browns games should remind us of that.
Old 08-15-2005   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffalo W Losman is too green to handle the defense
Pittsburgh L They show us what Capers is trying to build a team like
Cincinnatti L Should be a good one but the home team gets the edge
Tennessee W We win but the Titans are getting better quick
Seattle L Can't stop Alexander and the west coast offense
Indy L Close but Manning will pull it out in the end
Cleveland W Revenge for the last game of the season
Jacksonville L No sweep this year
Indy L We lose in their house
Kansas City W Tough game but we prevail
St Louis L Too much offense
Baltimore L Too much defense
Tennessee W We control the ball in the final 2 minutes
Arizona L This team is the sleeper team of 2005
Jacksonville W Not in our house
San Francisco W It would be easier to play them before they have 15 games under their belt. Don't take this one for granted Texans

7-9 Season with a plus or minus 1 factor. 8-8 or under and Palmer is gone.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8
The offinsive line still needs help. Still need a TE or a #2 Wr to be a dominant offense.
Imo all of the pieces are in place on our deffense. I would like to see us pick up another young defensive lineman in the offseason.
David Carr=
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

9-7

Prediction: The Texans will get blown out in 2 games. One of them will happen early and everyone on this forum will complain and moan and demand the head of chris palmer. People will talk about how our season is over in the first 5 weeks.

Expect the Texans to beat a team you don't expect and expect them to lose to a team they should hammer. (This is today's NFL)
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #15
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
One of them will happen early and everyone on this forum will complain and moan and demand the head of chris palmer. People will talk about how our season is over in the first 5 weeks.

Are you kidding? That has already started!!! :brickwall
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #16
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Buffalo W Losman is too green to handle the defense
Pittsburgh L They show us what Capers is trying to build a team like
Cincinnatti L Should be a good one but the home team gets the edge
Tennessee W We win but the Titans are getting better quick
Seattle L Can't stop Alexander and the west coast offense
Indy L Close but Manning will pull it out in the end
Cleveland W Revenge for the last game of the season
Jacksonville L No sweep this year
Indy L We lose in their house
Kansas City W Tough game but we prevail
St Louis L Too much offense
Baltimore L Too much defense
Tennessee W We control the ball in the final 2 minutes
Arizona L This team is the sleeper team of 2005
Jacksonville W Not in our house
San Francisco W It would be easier to play them before they have 15 games under their belt. Don't take this one for granted Texans

7-9 Season with a plus or minus 1 factor. 8-8 or under and Palmer is gone.
I think you are being very reasonable in your assessment, but the one big variable is do we get our O-line fixed. Does Zack's injury heal and it is a non-issue. Offensively I believe we have far more potential than we have ever had and I will say frightningly so. The key to this whole season is the O-line. We could be anywhere from 3-13 to 13-3 depending on that one factor. Mathis is another key. If he is healthy I expect AJ, Kasper, and Mathis to be a handfull for the other teams. I think Gaffny is very questionable at this point. Kasper I believe is going to be a go to guy in the end zone, Mathis is simply one of those special guys who is so fast it is frightning and he will cause the defense to adjust and AJ could have a spectaculor season as a result. Kasper will also help AJ. DD will be DD and we could be a jurganot. But it simply depends on the O-line getting it together - oh I also forgot - Palmer recognizing what he has.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. I don't think Kasper makes the final 53.
Old 08-15-2005   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Interesting. I don't think Kasper makes the final 53.
The reports out of camp have been great foot work, has great hands and has made a number of spectaculor catches. I think he's going to be one of the surprises of this year. Carr has needed a go to guy other than AJ and I think Kasper might be it. I'm praying that Mathis's injury will heal, because I think these 3 receivers give us much of what Indy has and may be more. Do not under estimate what Mathis's speed and hands will mean to this ball club. He's a very, very much better Bradford. I don't think Bradford is going to make this team unless injuries play a part. I have said the same of Swinton.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7...our first winning record!

And the Texans will either make or miss the playoffs due to a tie-breaker where another team wins/loses to help or prevent us from getting the wildcard.
Old 08-15-2005   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

10 - 6

09.11 at Buffalo: Win - I think Losman will get rattled by the Texans defense. The Bills defense will be tough, but the Texans manage to get the W.

09.18 Pittsburgh: Loss - The Steelers won't win as many games as last year, but they still have enough firepower to beat us.

10.02 at Cincinnati: Win - The Bengals will be a big test for our defense, and Carr and Palmer might get into a shootout. In the end our defense holds off Palmer and the Bengals.

10.09 Tennessee: Win - The Titans put up a good fight, but the Texans get the win.

10.16 at Seattle: Win - Alexander usually shines bright in the spotlight, but I think AJ outshines him in this game. AJ abuses the Seahawks secondary and gets 2 scores.

10.23 Indianapolis: Win - The Texans finally get over the hump by putting a ton of pressure on Manning. The improved running attack helps us beat the Cover 2.

10.30 Cleveland: Win - The loss last season left a bad taste in the mouths of the team and the fans. The Texans avenge the loss.

11.06 at Jacksonville: Loss - The Jags will not be swept this season, and they play well enough at home to get the win.

11.13 at Indianapolis: Loss - Indy is tough on their home turf, and the Texans can't find a way to stop the Colts offensive attack. Tough back to back losses.

11.20 Kansas City: Loss - Big time audience means a big time performance from our Texans. KC has an improved defense, but the Texans manage to keep up with the Chiefs offense for a few quarters only to come up short in the fourth.

11.27 St. Louis: Win - The Rams secondary has no chance against AJ, and the Texans improved running attack abuses their front 7. DD gets a couple of TDs.

12.04 at Baltimore: Loss - The Ravens defense will be too tough. This game could get ugly in a hurry. Boller makes a couple mistakes, but the Ravens defense keeps us from capitalizing.

12.11 at Tennessee: Loss - Tennessee refuses to be swept and the Texans go home with the loss.

12.18 Arizona: Win - The Cards have a rough time against our speedy defense, and the Texans offense seems to score at will.

12.24 Jacksonville: Win - The Jags try to play spoiler, but the Texans manage to get the win.

01.01 at San Francisco: Win - Smith should be better than he was at the beginning of the season, but he still isn't able to lead the 49ers to a victory. Texans will have to bring their A game because they can't sleep on the 49ers.

Very optimistic, but if we have a few bad breaks it could easily slip to 9-7 or 8-8.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read