Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2005   #81
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Hey texasguy346, would it kill ya to separate your long-winded posts into more than one long paragraph with some spaces in between, for God' sake?

I could even read it! I took one look at that big blob, and thought I was going to go freaking blind! Have a little consideration for us older folks . . please!

LMAO!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #82
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i have to agree i say PB didnt look to good, oh and he got burned really bad one time but luckly for us watts couldnt hold onto the ball. I hope i see a lil coverage from him the next pre-season game !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #83
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

My observations

1. We have a problem if we need to rely on Jason Simmons.
2. Penalties. I don't care that it was the first game with no-names playing. Winning is contagious. How many penalties did Denver have?
3. Morency reminds me of Hollings his first year. Hopefully he learns he can not outrun guys to the corner and has the vision to make the right reads.

I look forward to next Saturday when the first team plays more than one series.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #84
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Hey texasguy346, would it kill ya to separate your long-winded posts into more than one long paragraph with some spaces in between, for God' sake?

I could even read it! I took one look at that big blob, and thought I was going to go freaking blind! Have a little consideration for us older folks . . please!
Yeah sorry bout that, but when I get going it just keeps on going till I'm on empty. It's like when your sick. It's all coming out in one big blob one way or another. Perhaps I'll have to put a warning for older folks in advance of my blobs in the future.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #85
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

My only observation is that it was a typical preseason game.

And as usual good players around the league go down in the first preseason game and hurt their team's chances for the regular season. Can't be helped but it sure hurts teams like Chicago when their starting QB goes down for months.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #86
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It may be only the 1st pre-season game but the Cowboys offense is in midseason form .
I think when your team has some big question marks you try to find some signs of improvement . The Texans held an audition more than a game to get the regulars ready .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #87
texansfan88
All Pro

I still want an explination of how Drew Hodgon can commit 3 false starts while having the ball in his possesion...
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2005   #88
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
My observations

2. Penalties. I don't care that it was the first game with no-names playing. Winning is contagious. How many penalties did Denver have?

Denver had 10 for 95 yards and we had 12 for 84 yards... I dont catch your reasoning?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #89
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
I still want an explination of how Drew Hodgon can commit 3 false starts while having the ball in his possesion...
I'm hoping thats more about rookie jitters than anything else. Washington was held out last night, and perhaps running with the second team along with playing his first game in Reliant Stadium got him a little jumpy. Either way I'm expecting less mistakes from him against the Raiders.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #90
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I have come to the conculsion you aren't a Texans fan. I never see anything 'fan-like' out of you. Just ripping the team on all levels with little digs and negative comments.
My family has 4 season tickets in section 107 and we've had those since
day one. I believe I have the right to post my thoughts on this public forum.
Yes, this is the preseason and everyone has an opinion on the Texans, and
only time will tell who is right and who is wrong. I do not posts disertations
that ramble on and on about every little thing, nor do I post (like some people
do) statements that put other people down or 'dog' them because their
posts don't agree with mine. Again, this is a public forum and to disagree is
one of the basis of a forum. As the administrator of this forum, you should
set the standard by which all posters should conduct themselves.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #91
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I just see you ripping team like the trolls do. Nothing complicated. I just post my thoughts like everyone else. Gonna keep doing it too - I hope everyone does the same.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #92
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

I went back and read all 50 of my posts and none of them 'rip' the team.
I question things other posters say and offer statistical feedback but I
don't bash the team. I've 'been around the block' a few times so I've got
thoughts on what I think will work and won't work. To me, disagreeing is not
'ripping' the team.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #93
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of trolls come in and say nice things at first, get a little group following and start ripping the team as they post...disguised as disgruntled fans. It's an anonymous board - it happens pretty often. I just openly questioned it with you because your commentary seems to fit this pattern. I'll take your word for it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #94
phan1
All Pro

Not much to say, you guys pretty much said everything.

I would have liked to see more of Mathis as we all would. Buchanon is a nice, solid addition to our team, but he's not something to scream about like I thought he would be. I was disappointed in Ragone. He is definitely not taking Bank's job any time soon. So far, I do like the changes in our defense. Cutting Sharper, Glenn, and Foreman are so far not bad decisions, even though I'm sure we've grown to love them over their years in Houston. And despite his obvious lack of experience, I was definitely impressed with Morency and his raw talent.

But in the end, this looks pretty much like what we looked like last year. I'm still not totally confident we will be able to have an offense that is consistent. We need to develope a "winning attitude" and I'm not sure we have that yet. The only thing I can really say that makes us look any different than last year is our defense. I really think our defense will be good this year, and I do like the changes that the coaches and owners have made.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #95
TexHorns
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I went over to the chronicle and listened to McClain and I would say he didn't like a lot of what he saw. He tried to remain somewhat positive, but you can read between the lines. He's very nervous about the high ankle sprain suffered by Wiegert, if that indeed is what it is. Said there were about 20 fans in the stands at the end of the game. If that was the case I would think an owner would be getting a little bit POed. McClain seemed to emphasize that the honey moon is over. Also said the Texans got more out of 3 days of practice than the game tonight at Reliant. He said something about no one should have paid money to see the game.

I believe AJ, Kasper and Mathis will be the starting receivers as of now. I firmly believe Gaffny has injury problems and he may be a no show for the beginning or the entire season. Wells got injured and he was probably the number 2 back. Its amazing how we start TC and the next thing you know we are nothing but a bunch of walking wounded before the season even starts. We do not have the depth to withstand these kinds of injuries.

To me the offense is doing very much the same as they were last year. We often did well on our 1st series of downs and then the you know what hit the fan. Everyone is talking about the 1st series going well, but I didn't see that the rest of the game. We have little if any consistancy and that continues to show. We do not stretch the field. In fact we are quite frankly boring to watch.

I think Swinton lost his job tonight and Mathis will be the return man and WR. PBuck will be his backup. Murphy might become the TE we need. I know we are trying to evaluate personnel, but we seem to put them in a position to fail. Apparently they have been talking about making some offensive line switches, but the injury to Wiegert may preclude them from doing that. I really believe we are not using our O-line players in the best way we could, but that's a coaching issue.

Its nonsense to say this is only preseason. Yes, preseason is a time to learn, but you would expect to see the changes yield some results. If they are not really showing their offense, I suspect we will be learning well into the season. That is not a good indicator of success. You know what, I think this idea that Palmer changed everything up and they have changed the blocking assignments is a lot of BS. I keep saying something is rotten in Denmark. I hope I'm wrong, but something really smells about this game.
Well I guess thats it, we should just forfeit the rest of the season. Maybe i'll start watching golf.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #96
southtexan
Veteran

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Butterflies?
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #97
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Special Teams were VERY good.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #98
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHorns
Well I guess thats it, we should just forfeit the rest of the season. Maybe i'll start watching golf.
At this point I would say don't expect them to be in the playoffs. Fix the O-line and we have a chance. But injuries are starting to put us in a deep hole once again and we have little if any depth in certain areas.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #99
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
At this point I would say don't expect them to be in the playoffs. Fix the O-line and we have a chance. But injuries are starting to put us in a deep hole once again and we have little if any depth in certain areas.

what injuries? the only texan i know who's gonna miss the season is joppru. all the other injuries are minor injuries that most teams have.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #100
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
what injuries? the only texan i know who's gonna miss the season is joppru. all the other injuries are minor injuries that most teams have.

Exactly, most pre-season injuries are minor at best. Why risk getting someone REALLY hurt if they already have the spot locked?
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read