Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2005   #321
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

If you could chose one player to be the MVP on the texans side of the game, who would it be?
Old 08-14-2005   #322
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
If you could chose one player to be the MVP on the texans side of the game, who would it be?
its between Matt Murphy & Shantee Orr

and the winner is Matt Murphy Houston we have a TE
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #323
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

you can tell by this game?
Old 08-14-2005   #324
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I'll just post this here since this is where the most traffic is right now - Good old Lefty was 3/7 and sacked 4 times in 11 pass attempts. It will be interesting to see how long their 'vertical offense' lasts in real games.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #325
texanfan
Rookie

Murph did a good job out there. He had some really nice blocks and a awesome touch down pass. Good fumble recovery too.
texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #326
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

how where the rookies?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #327
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
how where the rookies?
TJ- seemed to be around the ball alot. didn't make any big plays, but it was hard at times watching the game because channel 13 didn't have the clearest picture, kinda hard to read alot of the numbers at times.

Morency-had some good runs, but also had a few runs we're he tried to run around the defense and got stuffed. also fumbled the ball once, luckily we recovered. i still think wells and hollings played better games.

Mathis-played, but i didn't see him catch anything. really hard to tell how he played considering this. i really wanted to see him return a kick, but that never happened either.

Hogdon-played like a rookie. had two false start calls on him, which is bad for a center.

Pettway-played a little later in the game. didn't really see too much of him myself, but i really wasn't looking.

Pitts and Dunbar-two rookie undrafted free agents here. saw a couple nice catches from both late in the game on a ragone drive. the dunbar catch in the endzone was pretty good. he bobbled it, then came down with his feet in bounds.

mckenzie-rookie undrafted free agent CB. hard to tell. i think he got burned bad on the 92 yard pass play. but i may be wrong.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2005   #328
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why you want to call tricky plays in the preseason. This is where you line up and grade your players. The time to get deceptive is during real games. RoSmith was blowing people away at FB but we don't know if he was blowing up the right guy.

Morency looks shot out of a cannon when he gets the ball. He is going to be very explosive when he gets the feel for this scheme and learns to make one cut and go north and south.

Most of the QB pressure was coming from the inside again. I saw the reserve Guards getting lit up all night.

The overall team speed looks improved and our first team O-line was moving players off the LOS. I'm very upbeat about yesterday....got me very excited about our potential.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #329
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI - For eveyone that did not get to see the game, NFL Network is airing the whole game on Monday @ 1pm EST.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #330
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
FYI - For eveyone that did not get to see the game, NFL Network is airing the whole game on Monday @ 1pm EST.

maybe the quality will be better coming from the nfl network than abc 13. i don't know if it was just me, but the view wasn't very sharp. i couldn't even make out most of the numbers watching the game unless it was a close up shot.
Old 08-14-2005   #331
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

it's gonna be the ABC feed
Old 08-14-2005   #332
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
it's gonna be the ABC feed
you'll see what i mean when you see the game.
Old 08-14-2005   #333
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

how was mathis looking, with his injury?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #334
3960AD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
TJ- seemed to be around the ball alot. didn't make any big plays, but it was hard at times watching the game because channel 13 didn't have the clearest picture, kinda hard to read alot of the numbers at times.

Morency-had some good runs, but also had a few runs we're he tried to run around the defense and got stuffed. also fumbled the ball once, luckily we recovered. i still think wells and hollings played better games.

Mathis-played, but i didn't see him catch anything. really hard to tell how he played considering this. i really wanted to see him return a kick, but that never happened either.

Hogdon-played like a rookie. had two false start calls on him, which is bad for a center.

Pettway-played a little later in the game. didn't really see too much of him myself, but i really wasn't looking.

Pitts and Dunbar-two rookie undrafted free agents here. saw a couple nice catches from both late in the game on a ragone drive. the dunbar catch in the endzone was pretty good. he bobbled it, then came down with his feet in bounds.

mckenzie-rookie undrafted free agent CB. hard to tell. i think he got burned bad on the 92 yard pass play. but i may be wrong.
It was Cedrick Williams that was burnt. Jamaal Lord tried to catch up to the receiver but wasn't happening. McKenzie was flying from across the field and hamstring pulled.....
3960AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #335
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3960AD
It was Cedrick Williams that was burnt. Jamaal Lord tried to catch up to the receiver but wasn't happening. McKenzie was flying from across the field and hamstring pulled.....
Lord took a horrible pursuit angle on that play.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #336
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
maybe the quality will be better coming from the nfl network than abc 13. i don't know if it was just me, but the view wasn't very sharp. i couldn't even make out most of the numbers watching the game unless it was a close up shot.
I noticed it too. I couldn't make out the jersey numbers to see who was in the game.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #337
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
unless your on the coaching staff you cant know why they were running a particular play in a particular situation.
good job palmer!!!!

Unless you heard interviews by both Carr and Casserly stating that they only had two goal line plays in the playbook for this first preseason game. . They were obviously not expecting four shots from the one yd line and decided to test what they had with an obviously new personell grouping.
Needs a little more work...
As they practice more goal line plays, more will be installed in the playbook and be available on game day.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read