Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-13-2005   #1
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ
Default What other pre-season games are yall lookin foward to ?

Im anxious to see Jaguars vs Miami how Matt Jones does and if Ricky shows anything... also Oakland @ SanFran.. See if A. Smith is worth all that money -_- I'm also gonna watch a little bit of the Cowboys game, see how good this Demarcus Ware really is since they've been raving about him all throughtout training camp.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #2
jags98
Veteran

Jags vs. Fins. Ill be there and my 2 fav teams are playing
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #3
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I heard Reggie is finally lookin lk the guy they drafted in camp. I also heard he's gettin carried away with his TD celebrations :p Another T.O. in the making ?
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens vs Falcons
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #5
Bob_A
Rookie

I don't pay much attention to preseason outside of the Texans but, since I'll be in the area I'll be attending the Giants-Jets game on August 26. The action in the stands will likely be more interesting than what goes on down on the field.

Old 08-13-2005   #6
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_A
The action in the stands will likely be more interesting than what goes on down on the field.

I went with some friends to Jets/Giants preseason game back in '88, and it went something like this:

A fight broke out in the section next to us! Almost turned into a brawl. Then we heard a huge comotion behind us. Some drunk lady on the upper deck was pouring beer on the people below. There was lotsa shouting and name calling until security took her out. We all cheered that she was finally gone.
Then my friend pointed to a spot about 10 rows back and to the left of us. Some freaky looking guy wearing a black body suit with a little chrome hammer hung on his belt was dancing around near the aisle. He started blocking the aisle while dancing when some hot ladies tried to pass him. Some fans took exception to this, and guess what? Another fight! Mostly just pushing and shoving.
That's when another friend tapped me on the shoulder and said: "Hey! look behind us! They're playing a football game here too! LOL
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #7
Bob_A
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
I went with some friends to Jets/Giants preseason game back in '88, and it went something like this:

A fight broke out in the section next to us! Almost turned into a brawl. Then we heard a huge comotion behind us. Some drunk lady on the upper deck was pouring beer on the people below. There was lotsa shouting and name calling until security took her out. We all cheered that she was finally gone.
Then my friend pointed to a spot about 10 rows back and to the left of us. Some freaky looking guy wearing a black body suit with a little chrome hammer hung on his belt was dancing around near the aisle. He started blocking the aisle while dancing when some hot ladies tried to pass him. Some fans took exception to this, and guess what? Another fight! Mostly just pushing and shoving.
That's when another friend tapped me on the shoulder and said: "Hey! look behind us! They're playing a football game here too! LOL
Sounds like a hardhat is in order!

Old 08-14-2005   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default All of them!

I'm looking forward to all of them. It's great to see the rookies, FA's, & any improvement in last year's promising young players. The only thing that frustrates me, is that the coaches don't show much in regards to their upcoming play calling & different sets. I guess that's to be expected & gives me another reason to look forward to the start of the regular season.

I really liked the look of some of our rookies last night. I know that it's way too early to say this, but if the rookies continue like they did last night, CC has done it again. If that's the case, Bob needs to step up & sign CC for life.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read