Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bears' Grossman hurts ankle, carted off

DoCt3rJ

Waterboy
Unless Chad Hutchinson does well, hes look good in the preseason games and in camp. He did have a few good games last year.. time will tell. AND THEY NEED TO GET BENSON INTO CAMP.. Hutchinson will benefit off of him.

F-minus67

Veteran
Man, this guy has some of the worst luck in the world, there must be some thing in the water in the NFC north.

That sucks so much. I hate it when guys with so much potential get injured like this.

I feel for the Bears organization, first Benson holding out, and now this.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Grid said:
Grossman =/= Joppru

Popped into my head too. For the "Always Injured Offense" we've now got a starting QB to go along with TE. Completely sucks, on the other hand I wonder if the Bears might be interested in trading for the NFL Europe Offensive MVP? I'm sure Casserly would take a 1st or a 2nd for him if they're interested.

:pigfly:

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Don't forget Charles Rogers as the starting WR for that squad. I wish him luck this year, but he's had some pretty bad luck so far in his career.

ledzeppelin229

Hall of Fame
Charles Rogers might be able to complete the trio, depending on how long he lasts this season.

Now if we can just find a RB, that would (potentially) be a pretty solid offensive core.

That's horrible news, but I wouldn't consider a losing season for the bears to be a foregone conclusion yet. Maybe it's because the only team I'm a homer for other than the Texans is the Bears, but I still see the possibility of a competitive football teams sans Grossman. If Benson can step in and be productive with Jones, they could have a decent year. The Bears have a respectable defense, and in the past some teams which had a solid running game paired with a stout defense were able to make a go of it; ie. the Ravens, Steelers pre-Roethlisberger, the Dolphins.

I have been watching the Bears, not really a fan just they have been on a lot. I thought that Orton looked really good. Yes, he got picked off once, but for a rookie I thought he looked best among their prospects. I doubt I would have drafted him either after how he seemed to wilt last year in college.

V Man

Pumpkinhead
ledzeppelin269 said:
Charles Rogers might be able to complete the trio, depending on how long he lasts this season.

Now if we can just find a RB, that would (potentially) be a pretty solid offensive core.
Kijana (sp) Carter or Fred Taylor could be the RB in your ALWAYS INJURED Team.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
ledzeppelin269 said:
Anyone want to bet against another losing season for the Bears?
Da Bears were going to lose this season, Grossman or not. Their offensive line is a sieve, and Grossman is essentially still a rookie QB. Next season, Rex will probably have D'Brickashaw Ferguson protecting his blindside.