Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-07-2004   #1
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans
Default Some more new stadiums

New Arizona stadium 2008(That's where the Super Bowl will be played)

Retractable Roof and Moveable Wall
Two 800' long trusses will support the stadium roof, which will have a retractable portion at the end where the roll-out field enters and exits the facility. A moveable wall at the same end of the facility will drop at the same time that the roof retracts, thereby creating a three-dimensional opening, much like an observatory.

source ballparks.com

New San Diego stadium
This new proposal is designed to clear the way for the City and the Chargers to re-negotiate a new lease for Qualcomm Stadium, one that will guarantee that the Chargers remain in San Diego through at least the 2008 season. It is also a significant step toward placing a new stadium and re-development initiative before San Diego voters in 2006.

source Chargers offical website and ballparks.com

I like the Chargers one, but what will happen to the Q, isn't that a classic stadium? If they make a new stadium, I hope they don't tear down the Q

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Cardinals stadium better than the Chargers. It looks pretty generic to me.

The Cardinals stadium has the weird lighting thing going on. Unique!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #3
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

The Cardinals Stadium looks more like an arena to me. What about the wall that drops to let the field out? Is it just going to be a big blank wall on that side of the stadium? They cant put anything on it if it's going to drop down. Kind of an eyesore.

Tim
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

It's definitely a unique feature Tim. I may go see if I can find a link to a plan for that stadium.

Of all the new stadium it seems the most outlandish looking. I think it looks really cool though!

I'm surprised the Cards are getting a new stadium. I thought they had attendance problems. I suspect Coach Green will add a few new fans. I wonder how they are planning on honoring Mr. Tillman.
Old 05-07-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Whats with everybody trying to steal our retractable roof idea?

<---- Just a question, but why do I get more everyday??

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #6
TexanNut
Veteran

Good pictures, any more new stadiums being planned? I wonder if the citizens of SD are going to get screwed on this deal too.

:

Where are the Texas avatars? how about a dancing cow?
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Anytime a brilliant idea such as a retractable roof is invented and tested successfully you have to know that any new sports palaces that are in the works will use that idea. It's called being progressive. And practical.

The fans are more comfortable, if the weather is inclement you have more people in the stands and more concessions, etc being sold.

The NFL owners are a tight clique. I'm sure they share ideas.
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2004   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Retractable roofs!

Teams love the idea of being able to create the real atmosphere of football, smelling the fresh air! But in places like Houston and Arizona, where it can get hot as coals, you have to have an option. As for the northern climates, it should be to there advantage to keep open stadiums. Southern teams never see the weather, and they are able to take advantage!
Old 05-07-2004   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

New York Jets are tired of sharing a stadium with the Giants, especially since that little punk Manning plays for them now.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #10
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

So quick to judge gwallia. Give Eli Manning a couple of years, before you start labeling him. I'm sure back in what 1983, or 82 (I forget) you were calling John Elway a punk......

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
So quick to judge gwallia. Give Eli Manning a couple of years, before you start labeling him. I'm sure back in what 1983, or 82 (I forget) you were calling John Elway a punk......
Well the punk Manning struggled today, threw an INT, and botched 2 snaps

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Rivers didnt do much better though

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 05-07-2004   #12
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanNut
Good pictures, any more new stadiums being planned? I wonder if the citizens of SD are going to get screwed on this deal too.

:

Where are the Texas avatars? how about a dancing cow?

yes in fact there are:

New 49ers Stadium

The New Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (as big as LA is it's surprising they DON'T have a NFL team)

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777texans
as big as LA is it's surprising they DON'T have a NFL team
I am glad they dont, because if they did we probably wouldnt be on this site right now!!!!!

Old 05-07-2004   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Right you are. He might become a great champion like John Elway one day. But for now, because of his attidue, he is a punk.

He has the ability I believe to shed that punk label on the playing field, but he has yet to do that. Until further notice, Eli Manning is a punk.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

On the last picture of the San Diego stadium, they have an extremely realistic view on the fans and players that are actually going to be there on Gameday!!!

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004   #16
jhawktx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777texans
yes in fact there are:

New 49ers Stadium
Not so fast on the 49'ers Stadium. I don't believe there are any current plans on the table. SF still hopes to get a new stadium but I don't think there is currently a plan or a timetable.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #17
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default Speaking of new stadiums...

Check out the Jets new design. Pretty cool looking.

Last edited by BuffSoldier; 05-08-2004 at 01:15 AM.
BuffSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004   #18
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I think it is very progressive.
Old 05-08-2004   #19
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Right you are. He might become a great champion like John Elway one day. But for now, because of his attidue, he is a punk.

He has the ability I believe to shed that punk label on the playing field, but he has yet to do that. Until further notice, Eli Manning is a punk.
I think his whole matter was handled pretty badly. BUT I can understand his labeling of a punk. It wouldn't be my exact word to describe him though.

Old 05-08-2004   #20
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Well the punk Manning struggled today, threw an INT, and botched 2 snaps

Rivers didnt do much better though

So your going to judge their whole careers on this? It's the first day. Give them time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read