Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2005   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1
Did you every think that the weather wouldn't bother SD that much since they play in hot weather also. The Raiders play in a coller climate, so the roof was open.

Unfortunally, I don't think the fan consideration has nothing to do with it, weather the roof is open or closed.
But does SD have the HUMIDITY that Houston does? Personally, I would prefer that they do what's best for the team on a per game basis, but I think that the right thing to do is consider the comfort of the fans who pay so much for tickets and such. I guess it depends on your outlook.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #22
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got back 3 days ago from spending a little over 2 months in San Diego. Their weather is nothing like Houstons. A hot day was mid 80's and most of the time it was upper 70's with a nice cool pacific breeze and a lot lower humidity. At night it was in the low 60's. You hardly ever break a sweat there. I made it out to the Chargers training camp and I can assure you it is much better weather there than what the Texans deal with. That is probably why real estate prices out there are through the roof.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #23
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
Then attend a game in December.
I do. Thats the only time I am in town.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
screw pansy fans who can't take the heat. that's what i hate about some fellow houston fans. you freakin go out and do yardwork in this weather, why not support the team you pay hundred (maybe thousands) to go see.

i hate domed stadiums...can ya tell?
Let me guess. you;
a) watch the game in the shady part of the stadium
b) watch the game in your shady living room
c) watch the game in a shady bar

When you put your tv and recliner out in the yard to watch the game in the blistering sun, then come talk to me about pansy fans.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #25
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Let me guess. you;
a) watch the game in the shady part of the stadium
b) watch the game in your shady living room
c) watch the game in a shady bar

When you put your tv and recliner out in the yard to watch the game in the blistering sun, then come talk to me about pansy fans.
I believe you are picking on the wrong person. I would imagine he knows all about the blistering sun. As I recall, Brad is sitting in the middle of the Arizona desert!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #26
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've rarely seen the roof closed, much to my own personal dismay or suffering. As one of the "Baked Potatoes" in the Bull Pen, I'll suffer if it helps the team any day. Believe me, the Raiders were soaked to the skin well before halftime. It can make a difference.....I'm glad we're playing the Bills on the road EARLY!
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #27
Aojaguar73
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Aojaguar73

open if not too hot or if not raining
Aojaguar73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read