Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-08-2005   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Ihategeeks .... Were you there?

You didn't boo him too?......did you?

DETROIT - Joey Harrington couldn't even escape the boos during the Lions practice that was open to the public Saturday afternoon at Ford Field.

Link

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 08-08-2005 at 01:19 PM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it all along

David Carr - future pro bowl QB
Joey Harrington - future journeyman QB
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Uuuggghhh. I will defend (ducks flying beers) the right of fans to boo when their team is having a poor showing.

But I don't think you should be booing @ training camp
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
Uuuggghhh. I will defend (ducks flying beers) the right of fans to boo when their team is having a poor showing.

But I don't think you should be booing @ training camp
I guess the fans are in training too. "Take that Joey"
Old 08-09-2005   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

http://mb27.scout.com/flionsfansfrm1...ID=57292.topic

90% of Lions fans think those people are *****s
(only 60% even think he'll be the starter at the end of the year "which is a high percentage for any Lions QB*)
But this is one issue that most agree on.

That is not what being a football fan is about.
These people are the lowest form of knuckle dragging human alive.
I saw some of this last year from Packer Fans at Greenbay homegames. I think I remember something about the Texans fans booing Carr and coming to his defense.

Fans that boo their own players should ordered to donate their tickets to charity.

*unless they are booing a player who has done something terrible , like KILLING someone*

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 08-09-2005 at 05:01 AM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #6
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
http://mb27.scout.com/flionsfansfrm1...ID=57292.topic

90% of Lions fans think those people are *****s
(only 60% even think he'll be the starter at the end of the year "which is a high percentage for any Lions QB*)
But this is one issue that most agree on.

That is not what being a football fan is about.
These people are the lowest form of knuckle dragging human alive.
I saw some of this last year from Packer Fans at Greenbay homegames. I think I remember something about the Texans fans booing Carr and coming to his defense.

Fans that boo their own players should ordered to donate their tickets to charity.

*unless they are booing a player who has done something terrible , like KILLING someone*
I am well aware that you are a Lions fan through and through.

You are close in your belief: however the lowest form of knuckle dragging human alive is the one who poured beer on David Carrs pregnant wife at last years game. If indeed it was intentional. I am holding out hope that it was an accidental spill.

You are just a little harsh about booing. Its a fans right, but a fans right to boo does end at booing. The people who lie- in wait above the tunnels to pour beer and throw things at players should lose their tickets.

JMHO though
Old 08-09-2005   #7
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Joey Harrington is villianized in Detroit on levels I have never seen any player but Randy Moss or TO be villianized.

And this is by our own fanbase.

The guy has done nothing wrong but keep playing on one of the worst teams in football and get better each year.

He hasn't given up on our pathetic team like Barry Sanders, he doesn't believe he can't win here like Scott Mitchell, Rodney Pette, ect, ect, ect. He takes all the daggers and crap from the fans, and shrugs it off.

They hate JOEY more than they are disapointed with the team. He isn't a Detroit guy, he isn't a Bad Boy, or a Darren McCartty. He is a nice kind from the Pacific Northwest that is involved in alot of chairty , well manned, and all around nice guy. And the fans treat him like he is Scott Peterson on a walk with a pregnant woman. I know two people that Joey and his Charity have reached out too. I could never say that about one person with any other football player. All the radio bashes him, and it's become transparent in recent days, they bash him because he doesn't do alot of interviews. Typical spiteful media. A dangerous media in a town that already tries to tear apart every QB that gets under center.

It makes me sick what these people do. And no fan should boo their own team BEFORE THEY EVEN TAKE THE FIELD. EVER, I don't care what you payed for your Ticket, You do that, you are not a FAN.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 08-09-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2005   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Joey Harrington is villianized in Detroit on levels I have never seen any player but Randy Moss or TO be villianized.

And this is by our own fanbase.

The guy has done nothing wrong but keep playing on one of the worst teams in football and get better each year.

He hasn't given up on our pathetic team like Barry Sanders, he doesn't believe he can't win here like Scott Mitchell, Rodney Pette, ect, ect, ect. He takes all the daggers and crap from the fans, and shrugs it off.

They hate JOEY more than they are disapointed with the team. He isn't a Detroit guy, he isn't a Bad Boy, or a Darren McCartty. He is a nice kind from the Pacific Northwest that is involved in alot of chairty , well manned, and all around nice guy. And the fans treat him like he is Scott Peterson on a walk with a pregnant woman. I know two people that Joey and his Charity have reached out too. I could never say that about one person with any other football player. All the radio bashes him, and it's become transparent in recent days, they bash him because he doesn't do alot of interviews. Typical spiteful media. A dangerous media in a town that already tries to tear apart every QB that gets under center.

It makes me sick what these people do. And no fan should boo their own team BEFORE THEY EVEN TAKE THE FIELD. EVER, I don't care what you payed for your Ticket, You do that, you are not a FAN.

A person who purchases a ticket has rented a particular seat for a specified amount of time. During that time, the person in that seat has the right to boo or cheer anyone that they wish. If the person wants to boo the person next to them, it is their perogative. If they want to boo the ref or the lineman that is their choice. If they choose to boo the team that is also their option. If they wish to boo before kickoff is also their option.

I think the line must be drawn when it involves the parabolic path and trajectory of any object. This type of action has no place in any situation and is only a detriment to the other people. Furthermore this type of activity presents a danger to all people in the direct pathway and the peripheral area. There is no place for these egregious actions anywhere in the stands. If you are unable to behave yourself and act with the proper decorum, stay home and act like an *** there. there are plenty of other people who would love the opportunity to sit in your seats and enjoy the game in person.

I can actually give you a half way decent example. I went to the Texans-Cowboys preseason game last year with a buddy of mine and we settle into our seats. Not more then 10 minutes later this dumbass kid (probably about 16 or 17) starts heckling the Texans. I don't care too much, so i continue to enjoy the game. I finally repsond to the kid by pointing at the score. His drunk father now sticks his big index finger in my face and asks me if I am "Jacking around with his son." Now I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, and I said that I didnt understand him. He was like "OOh, Mr. College man doesnt ****ing understand me. Well you god damn son of a *****, you stop jacking around with my son!" I was like, look, I am trying to enjoy this game, why dont we just sit back and enjoy it? Moments later a security man walks by and asks if there was a problem. Mr. Drunk loudly exclaims that I have been "Jacking around with his son and he wasnt going to take it". Only problem was he was holding a budweiser and was slurring his words whereas I was drinking a water. The security man took the man and the punk kid away to a rousing cheer from the people around us. Fact is you best behave, or your *** will be thrown out.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
A person who purchases a ticket has rented a particular seat for a specified amount of time. During that time, the person in that seat has the right to boo or cheer anyone that they wish.
Yeah, and if you rent a movie you don't like just to complain about it.

What does that make you?

An *****.

Same with people who buy tickets just to boo their own team.
Old 08-10-2005   #10
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:

What does that make you?

An *****.

Haha, great stuff man, we're in complete agreement on this Harrington issue. I've heard Lions fans tell me the favorite player in Detroit is always the backup QB, no matter if he's good or not.
Old 08-10-2005   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What does that make you?

An *****.

Person might be an *******, well no, that would make them an *******, but it is still their right to do so. If they want to wear a brown bag over their head that is also their perogative.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Terry Bradshaw felt the need to pile on Harrington while visiting Lions' camp.

Quote:
Bradshaw's visit was part of a training-camp tour for his job as studio analyst for the Fox network's Sunday NFL pregame show.

He didn't like some things he saw in practice.

"Heck, this morning in practice he made a lot of bad decisions," Bradshaw said. "I'm sitting there with Matt going, 'Oh, that's not good, that's not good, that's not good, that's not good.'

"In practice you should be a little sharper than that, I think, but who knows what they're trying to do? I'm not in the huddle over there.

"I liked him. I liked him going out of college. I like talking to him. He's an upbeat kid. But you never know internally how he's going to handle all of this."
It will be interesting to see if Millen & Mooch come out & defend Joey publicly. Harrington's not in a good spot. Garcia is Mariucci's guy & Millen already has his contract extension. He's not married to Joey any longer. If Harrington gets off to a slow start, he'll get the quick hook.
Old 08-10-2005   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

And if/when Harrington is replaced, the Lions will continue to lose. Then it's on to another scapegoat.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #14
DFAN
Veteran

I don't see why people are so down on Joey. His and Carrs #'s arent that much different.

Joey- 8221 yds 53.9% 48 TD 50 INT

Carr- 8136 yds 56.7% 34 TD 42 INT
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

The thing is Harrington hasn't even had the support of his own team, and thats the foundation of any players reputation. Carr on the other hand, has had the complete backing of Cass, Capers, McNair, and the players have a lot of respect for him even if he's still got some work to do.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #16
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
I don't see why people are so down on Joey. His and Carrs #'s arent that much different.

Joey- 8221 yds 53.9% 48 TD 50 INT

Carr- 8136 yds 56.7% 34 TD 42 INT

Good question. I'm thinking it's because Carr started on an expansion team while Harrington went to an established club (albeit a bad one). Not a good reason mind you, but that might be why.
Old 08-14-2005   #17
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, we Eagles fans boo anybody any time we damn well feel like it!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #18
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ
Meh, we Eagles fans boo anybody any time we damn well feel like it!
Yeah, and to be compared to them isn't a compliment.

Maybe there is a reason you were cursed with a talented QB that will forever choke when the pressure is on.

I don't believe in Karma, but maybe you do.
Old 08-14-2005   #19
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, and to be compared to them isn't a compliment.

Maybe there is a reason you were cursed with a talented QB that will forever choke when the pressure is on.

I don't believe in Karma, but maybe you do.
I, like the Eagles QB, will take the high road on this one. Please talk nice. I was making a little joke.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read