Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2005   #61
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The Texans are more like the Ravens in that they use a zone blocking scheme with larger linemen while the Broncos use smaller linemen.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #62
BroncoMan13
Rookie

Could be, but normally when you use the zone blocking scheme for your run game you have a QB utilize the rollouts to help keep the pass rush to a minimum... same thing is happening in Atlanta. They have a bunch of no name OLinemen but they get the job done in the passing game b/c Vick can rollout and any minute and it forces them to contain first and pass rush second. Carr can do the same thing. Naturally he isn't as much of a threat as Vick, but I don't think Carr and Jake Plummer are all that different in terms of athleticsm. The rollout has to be called every now and again... force the defense to maintain containment first and pass rush second and you have bought yourself another .5-1.0 seconds! Just makes sense if you ask me.
BroncoMan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #63
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Excellent rebuttal. Very well thought out.

A few questions:

Do you only post the company line?

Do you truly believe replacing Wand will fix all the OL problems?

Has an NFL front office/coaching staff ever made a mistake?

If we're so desparate, why haven't we picked up Verba?

Feel free to use more than two sentences to answer these questions.
Sorry to get you in a tissy.

A few answers:

No, I post my opinion.

Just replacing Wand won't magically fix the O-line. I wanted two players from this past draft class, Thomas Davis and David Baas. I would have loved to have Baas take over at LG and then slide Pitts back to Left Tackle. Pitts was a decent performer his second year and certainly would be an upgrade over Wand IMO. Baas would be an upgrade at LG over Pitts IMO. The great thing about Baas is that he has experience at center as well, so he could play multiple positions at a high level.

FO's make plenty of mistakes.

We haven't signed Verba because he thinks he's worth more than what we grade him at.

Cak, I think I answered your question in this post.
Old 08-12-2005   #64
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Much better reply. I knew you could do it!

That was a joke.

I like to see these other opinions rather than sarcastic replies though. That's what I like about this board.

Last edited by Runner; 08-12-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005   #65
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Interesting note:

Quote:
Predictably, practices were more intense than the garden variety Napa workout. Wide receiver Doug Gabriel scuffled briefly with cornerback DeMarcus Faggins, and Tyler Brayton flattened Andre Johnson unnecessarily out of bounds. But there were no out-and-out fights.
Full Link: HERE
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read