Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-09-2004   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
you are defending him like he is your Son.
and your defending gm like you used to work there...ohhh wait.

Quote:
My goodness. I used to work for GMAC

Quote:
You are inferring that we have changed our opinion of Brady over this. At times people do questionable things but that doesn't mean we would instantly change our opinions of them (that would be a bit shallow).
vin i'm not inferring anything. i don't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I now officially do not like Tom Brady...and it's justifiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
I agree with Huge. I have lost some respect for Brady because of this for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle
now I officially announce that I don't like him either.

i would go on about how we dont have brady's side of the arrgument, or how gm got all the attention they wanted during the superbowl ,were slow to make a return on their promise, brady probably could of picked a half dozen vehicles wich were more expensive and or out of production, and how the author of the article clearly went out of his way to demean brady. i could do all of those things...but i might be late for a father son golf tournament. tom will be here to pick me up in his new car soon.

:hehe:

Quote:
One decision does not make a bad man, but it can give us a clue or two about the person.
bro, there are prisions full of people who made one bad decision.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004   #22
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

vin. i'm really not hot and bothered about this ,and i hope your not either. this entire issue is really very insignifigant. wether brady or gm gets a black eye for this, the sun will still rise and set tommorow (unless the author tells me otherwise ).

im just amazed at how quickly people change their tune due to an article that only has one side of the story ,and dosent really reveal all that many facts.

i'm dropping the issue. it's not worth getting into a "name calling contest" with one of the few people i know here well enough to respect.

and for what its worth brady is not my idol. i told you, hes my son. :~
Old 07-09-2004   #23
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
after rereading the article i keep thinking we took brady's quote out of context.

(from the article)

Brady, who as Super Bowl MVP in 2002 received his Cadillac Escalade within weeks of leading the Patriots to victory over the St. Louis Rams, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday that he was upset that he had not yet received his order for this year's car.

"I'm not driving [the] car, that's for sure," Brady said. "It's the damndest thing I ever heard. It's ridiculous."

---------------------------

how did you read that?

a. i refuse to drive this vehicle.

b. im not driving the car because i STILL dont have it. ( it didnt take nearly this long last time ).

just a thought. if you apply the quote to what the author refered to directly before the quote...brady's comment dosen't sound nearly as asinine.

I think both of those reads shed a bad light on Brady:

A. He rufuses to drive the vehicle = Spoiled Brat because he's not getting what he wants, when he wants.

B. He's not driving the vehicle because he doesn't have it = Spoiled Brat because he's already a millionaire who's upset over not having his new toy.

And his quote "It's the damndest thing I ever heard. It's ridiculous." illustrates his frustration...no matter how it's spun. Either way, he's behavior is still asinine.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004   #24
powda
Hall of Fame

( i am mute with indiffrence . )
Old 07-10-2004   #25
Pruzoo
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Pruzoo

It doesn't make any difference if it was Brady, or if ______?_____ did the same thing it would still be irksome. GM would have been better off telling him to go to any car lot of his choice and pick something. No waiting and maybe no whining.
Old 07-10-2004   #26
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

This would probably be an unfortunate situation for the next MVP and the question of what kind of demands would be attached. Worse yet, if Brady gets it again next year would probably put a damper on any GM awards ceremony. They would probaly question if they could just give the dude a check and be done with it.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004   #27
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Default Please Let Brady Enjoy His Mvp!!

Wow, If that is all you guys on here can come up with on Brady. How can you get upset over this! Who cares what car he gets, how he gets it or if he changes his mind! It is trivial. You should be bring up discussions for players who get DUI'S ( not going to say any names)Drug Possession etc.

Thank God he doesn't get confused reading defenses like he does ordering Cars. Maybe he should have just stuck with going to Disney World

Let's get camp started!!! Stop player hating!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read