Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2005   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO a good TE would make a lot of these arguements irrelevant. A TE who could block AND catch would leave defenses guessing and not teeing off on pass plays telegraphed by personnel changes. Plus a good TE could help our LT if needed. I can't wait to see the threads on the O-line after the 1st preseason game.
Old 08-04-2005   #22
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watched Texans Huddle on FSSW and they interviewed Mark Vandemear (sp). Mark stated that Riley had already surpassed Wand in the LT department, and feels that as of now, he will be the starter.

A fan also asked the question who he thinks is the key to the Texans going to the playoffs this season, and his answer was none other than Victor Riley.

On defense his thought was Peek.

Thoughts?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride

Thoughts?
We need the games to start...that's mine.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #24
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL
Default chicken little brigade to the rescue

hahahhahha........this ones for you vinny

Sorry man, but I gotta say something.

Riley was one of the worst starting tackles last year.

AND that was on his good side, the right side.

NOW we, have him on the LEFT side, his bad side.

I'd rather have our Tight End Mark Bruener gain some weight and play LT.

hahhahahaaha.........Oh this is rich. Some people may call me a troll, but I call it how I see it. And right now I see that our O-line is still a joke after 4 years. And someone said Casserly was Underrated, whatever.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't we bash the players like...after they play. What's with all this projected bashing anyway? The season starts in a few days. Is it that hard to get behind the team and perhaps bash them after they dissapoint us? I don't get this pre-emptive bashing thing.

Old 08-04-2005   #26
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

In some ways, there is a good portion of bashing that is going on...I think you will find that anywhere that you go.

In other ways, I think people, including myself, are just presenting ideas and see what the feedback is from everyone here. I'm into the team, and that means talking about the good points and the bad points. I don't want to put Texans blinders on and say that we are great in all aspects of the game; we are fans, let's get everything out there.
Old 08-04-2005   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I don't have any blinders on but I generally wait till they dissapoint me on the field before I start ripping them based on how I think they could play. Breaking down thier problems or areas of weakness is one thing. Just hammering the team over and over about something that hasn't happened yet is another.

Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2005   #28
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

I wasn't directing anything towards you. Just as you don't feel you have blinders on, I don't feel I am bashing the team by posting a quote from the "Voice of the Texans"

I think as a fan you should see the great things about the team, but you should also take a look at all aspects. That includes even the areas that may be weaker than others....That doesn't mean you are bashing the team.
Old 08-04-2005   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I know it when I see it. If you can't see it here in spades then I'm not sure we have a debatable topic between us. I'm not adressing you specifically either. I just wish we could talk about it more intelligently as a group. It's always dissapointing to see so much foolish banter from what is an otherwise solid fan base for the most part.

Old 08-04-2005   #30
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
If you can't see it here in spades then I'm not sure we have a debatable topic between us.
Vinn, I'm not sure what this means

Quote:
I just wish we could talk about it more intelligently.
I agree, a lot of topics get turned into bashing and people shooting off at the mouth.
Old 08-04-2005   #31
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Pitts should still be playing tackle.
Okay?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #32
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think Vinny is the last person we need to worry about when it comes to homerism. I'm pretty sure some of the Carr-lovers (nothing against them) have wanted to crucify him for a couple years now since he faults Carr for some things and doesn't directly blame the line every time.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #33
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
IMO a good TE would make a lot of these arguements irrelevant. A TE who could block AND catch would leave defenses guessing and not teeing off on pass plays telegraphed by personnel changes. Plus a good TE could help our LT if needed. I can't wait to see the threads on the O-line after the 1st preseason game.
They've been trying Kaliee Wong out at TE. Very interesting IMO since he's smaller than Miller or Bruener. BUT, if he can give that left side more blocking power then more power to them for giving it a try. Preseason games will be fun to watch with Wong trying out TE and R. Smith playing a little fullback!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #34
southtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
I think Vinny is the last person we need to worry about when it comes to homerism. I'm pretty sure some of the Carr-lovers (nothing against them) have wanted to crucify him for a couple years now since he faults Carr for some things and doesn't directly blame the line every time.
It's not called homerism. It's called optimism.
Definition
optimism
noun [u]
the tendency to be hopeful and to emphasize the good part of a situation rather than the bad part; the belief that good things will happen in the future.
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #35
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
They've been trying Kaliee Wong out at TE. Very interesting IMO since he's smaller than Miller or Bruener. BUT, if he can give that left side more blocking power then more power to them for giving it a try. Preseason games will be fun to watch with Wong trying out TE and R. Smith playing a little fullback!!
Hey Grandma, you're pulling our leg about Wong at TE, right, cause I hadn't heard that one ? But now that you mention it - he's listed at 250 and has got some hands if you remember a couple interceptions he made last year that would make a DB proud. And as a LB, you know he's physical so should be
able to block. I did hear about Robaire, aka "the Fridge".
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I heard it too. They are looking at guys in specific situations like around the goal line and such. They need to see players in back up roles mainly for emergency situations since you can only dress so many guys on game day.

Old 08-05-2005   #37
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Hey Grandma, you're pulling our leg about Wong at TE, right, cause I hadn't heard that one ? But now that you mention it - he's listed at 250 and has got some hands if you remember a couple interceptions he made last year that would make a DB proud. And as a LB, you know he's physical so should be
able to block. I did hear about Robaire, aka "the Fridge".
Not pullin your leg Honey!! Been watching it at practice, plus, they mentioned it in the Chron this morning. Maybe someone can post the link. It's a good writeup by our new Texan cover man, John McClain!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

KW at TE might not be a bad thing. At least the coaching staff realizes the urgency and are addressing it. May Joppru can heal up and play LB. HAHAHA
Does Bruener just have cement blocks for hands or is he even a decent receiving threat? Regardless, I still feel a solid TE will vastly improve the offense as a whole.
Old 08-08-2005   #39
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

victor riley is rated higher than seth wand on MADDEN 06.
maybe they know something we don't
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #40
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroo_banzai
victor riley is rated higher than seth wand on MADDEN 06.
maybe they know something we don't
ummmm....yeah....Is this the same Madden 2006 that has a single player capable of 1,000 yds offense in a single game? Don't go to Vegas with what a video game says.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read