Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-02-2005   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I need anti-cowboy information

So, I finished my other speech... and its time to do another.

This one has to be a persuasive speech, and i decided to do it on "Why you should be a Texans fan, and not a Cowboy fan".. since there are alot of cowboy fans up here where i am.

So what I need is dirt on the cowboys. Arrests, mugshots, incriminating pictures, anything that would make a cowboy fan hang his head in shame .

I also need info.. such as their record since the introduction of the salary cap.. and how they came to be called "America's Team"

So any help yall could give me would be appreciated .. its for a good cause.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/...s/DD/xod2.html

"America's team" was dubbed by nfl films Bob Ryan (not to belief that the Cowboys did it themselves),but he did a film on the1978 cowboys and found out that the Cowboys rivaled the Yankees as in people either loved to watch them win or loved to watch them lose.. but they would be watched. It was either Summeral or Madden that said when they would nationalize games late in the season if two teams were scheduled to play and the networks realized that the ratings wouldn't be high because of the foreseen records.. One of those guys said that if the Cowboys were put in the same timeslot..you put the Cowboys even if they do go through a 5 win season,because people love to kick them when they are down
http://www.indopedia.org/Dallas_Cowboys.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

but that reminded me of www.ousucks.com
Old 08-02-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

whoops..posted in wrong thread

thanks for the info so far. Anyone else have anything? a mugshot or two would be priceless up there on the big screen when im giving my speech
Old 08-02-2005   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC33
Here is the perfect web site for Cowboy haters.

This one for content...

Cowboys Suck Link

This one for pictures.....
Cryboys
for the Texan fans the photos from the website of 2002 week 1
http://www.siegler.net/cowboys/2002.html
Old 08-02-2005   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
So, I finished my other speech... and its time to do another.

This one has to be a persuasive speech, and i decided to do it on "Why you should be a Texans fan, and not a Cowboy fan".. since there are alot of cowboy fans up here where i am.

So what I need is dirt on the cowboys. Arrests, mugshots, incriminating pictures, anything that would make a cowboy fan hang his head in shame .

I also need info.. such as their record since the introduction of the salary cap.. and how they came to be called "America's Team"

So any help yall could give me would be appreciated .. its for a good cause.
I can give the low-down on how they became "America's Team".

How soon do you need it?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Speech is Thursday... any info you can give me by tommorrow night would be great
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2005   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Here's a mugshot of Dwayne Goodrich.

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

cool thanks
Old 08-03-2005   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

This should get you started...

Not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.
Old 08-08-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This should be a lesson to those who hate them: STOP WATCHING THEM!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #12
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
This should be a lesson to those who hate them: STOP WATCHING THEM!

They cant. Thats why they went 6-10 last year and they have 2 Monday night games and a sunday night game. Like or hate'em, people still watch them. Either because you are a fan or your not and you hope to see them lose. Just like Madden said if you want ratings put the Cowboys on.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

The Cowboys are on TV the same reason the Yankee's are on. People love to see them fail and lose. Dont be too flatered that you get MNF games.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Monday Night Football won't waste their time if they didn't get good ratings on the Cowboys games. It's all about $$ and the Cowboys are $$ in the bank. Just like the Steelers and Raiders are irregardless of records.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #15
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The Cowboys are on TV the same reason the Yankee's are on. People love to see them fail and lose. Dont be too flatered that you get MNF games.

Isn't that what I said? If the Texans get 3 prime time games in a year it wouldnt FLATER you just a little? No matter what the reason?

Every poll you see the Boys are voted the most hated team in the NFL and the most liked team in the NFL. That = ratings.
Old 08-08-2005   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Probably explains why you can find Dallas in the top 10 in merchandise sales every year as well. All the haters are buying up the jerseys to burn at taligates.
Old 08-08-2005   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
Isn't that what I said? If the Texans get 3 prime time games in a year it wouldnt FLATER you just a little? No matter what the reason?
No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Probably explains why you can find Dallas in the top 10 in merchandise sales every year as well. All the haters are buying up the jerseys to burn at taligates.
It's a well known team. You will be surprised how many people walk around in NFL, MLB and NBA gear and only wear it cause it is well known and have no other reason to know it. My sister is an example, she has a couple of Red Soxs shirts that she wears. She couldnt name one person on the team, she doesnt watch baseball but she wears the gear.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #18
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.
So if the Texans get 3 Primetime games they've done something to lose the respect of fans?

Quote:
It's a well known team. You will be surprised how many people walk around in NFL, MLB and NBA gear and only wear it cause it is well known and have no other reason to know it. My sister is an example, she has a couple of Red Soxs shirts that she wears. She couldnt name one person on the team, she doesnt watch baseball but she wears the gear.
Your sister isn't the majority of fans in the world.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 23391 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC33
He does have a point , as many fans of the Cowboys out there, there is just as many that hates them. I like to watch the Cowboys to see them lose and root for the team playing against them.
Cool! But,I would rather go shopping.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #20
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:

What? I suppose you're talking about the 90's Cowboys and all the off the field problems. I hope you really dont think that's the reason people hate teh Cowboys. It was like way before the 90's Cowboys. It's always been a love or hate thing with the Cowboys.

Like or not they do have the biggest fan base than any other team in the NFL. ON the opposite side of that they have the biggest disliked as fan base as any other team in the NFL. People can use any excuse they want but it isnt the off the field problems the Cowboys had that cause the hate, may be some but not much. It's a little thing called jealously . Thats why people love to see them fail. I had these debates before the off the field issues was even a issue.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read