Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2005   #41
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if this was posted anywhere yet so if so, sorry...

Texans | O-Line Shows Improvement
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:06:09 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports one of the Houston Texans' points of emphasis early in the preseason is to establish the running game. In his early evaluations, head coach Dom Capers has noticed the Texans' offensive line is faster off the line of scrimmage than in the past. That's a good sign for offensive coordinator Chris Palmer's unit, which suffered some growing pains learning the zone blocking scheme last season. "I just feel like with our running backs, if we can give (Domanick Davis) a little bit of a downhill entry, then he'll find a crease in there," Capers said. "But I think we're coming off the ball with more power, and I like our footwork. I think the coordination of the guys working together is the best it's been."
Old 08-12-2005   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
The latest quote from Carr on the O-Line:

(On getting hit less this year compared to last year) ďYeah, I think that itís just a matter of what Iíve seen so far in practice. Usually, we have three guys running through or we have guys that arenít accounted for because the protection is asked to be helped to long or just one of those reasons. I think we havenít had nearly as much as we had last season.Ē
We haven't even played a game yet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #43
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We haven't even played a game yet.
Yes, Vinny, he said based on practice of this year vs last year. He's a company man and to his credit he won't pan the offensive line.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #44
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Yes, Vinny, he said based on practice of this year vs last year. He's a company man and to his credit he won't pan the offensive line.
Yep. He had every chance in the world to trash the line last year and he didn't. Carr is a class guy and I only wish we could provide him with a decent O-line that had half the talent Carr has.
Old 08-12-2005   #45
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

The more Carr refuses to bash the O-line, the more we do it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #46
jmantexfan
Rookie

i am really excited and hoping i can gt done working by 7 saturday to see the starting OL take on the Starting DL of Denver. I really hope we can hold pressure up the middle. I am also interested to se the work of rookie, Hodgden. It would be nice to see him in one series with first teamers. I think if he looks decsent in 4 preseason games, we should replace mckinney with him. thing to look for is if he gets knocked on his hiney like Mckinney. If not, i would say he is an instant upgrade despite being a late round rookie(many have suprised in the past and done great things)
jmantexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #47
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
Victor Riley scares me...

"As an offensive lineman, (allowing) anywhere between 15 to 20 sacks is a good number," Riley said. link
I think he is talking about the line allowing 15-20 sacks (which is an average of 1-1.5 pr game) Not bad and betting Carr would take 1 sack a game too
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2005   #48
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Does he mean per unit or as an individual?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read