Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2005   #21
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

After reading the training camp notes, it looks like Mathis is doing all the right things. Maybe Bradford is the odd man out and Armstrong and Mathis get some solid time on the field this season. That's a good idea IMHO.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

heck yea. a speed demon and a guy who someone said had the best hands on the team. those two should get playing time!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #23
buddyroe
Rookie

Look for a three reciever set w/ Johnson,
Gaffney and Bradford. Expect the Texans
to try to spread the defense and run the
ball to take pressure off Carr.
buddyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #24
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe
Look for a three reciever set w/ Johnson,
Gaffney and Bradford. Expect the Texans
to try to spread the defense and run the
ball to take pressure off Carr.
One of the pictures showed Mathis lined up next to AJ. That has to be like out hunting and flushing a covey of quail. Which one do you try to draw a bead on. Personally, I think you send Mathis on a fly pattern and bring AJ underneath, since AJ can run over defenders after he catches the ball and Mathis is just a little bit faster. Let Mathis pull the safties and if the safties don't respond Carr has an easy 6. I think Mathis is going to play a lot more ball than some think this year. Remember, Casserly has wanted a 2nd receiver to compliment AJ and they have said that has been a bigger problem than the O-line. Corey is fast, but he ain't in Mathis's league. Its going to be interesting to watch the 1st scrimmage, because it won't matter this year who we are using. Carr, Rogane, Banks will have a blast with this combo. We are going to put a lot pressure on the opposing defense.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #25
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

I have not heard one thing how bradford looks this camp. That must be a bad ohmen for him.
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #26
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignasty
I have not heard one thing how bradford looks this camp. That must be a bad ohmen for him.
Listen to McClain, read the Chronicle and the Houston Web site. There have been a number of favorable comments. However, like McClain says, Corey is a good practice player, but its the real games that count. Corey probably can't relax his hands in real games and is probably too tight.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #27
buddyroe
Rookie

I still can't forget the wideopen pass he dropped
against the cowgirls that would have been a TD.
I was excited about the win in our 1st ever game
but that drop still leaves a bitter taste to what was
a very sweet wine.
buddyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2005   #28
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyroe
I still can't forget the wideopen pass he dropped
against the cowgirls that would have been a TD.
I was excited about the win in our 1st ever game
but that drop still leaves a bitter taste to what was
a very sweet wine.
That wasn't Bradford, that was Jermaine Lewis that dropped that beautiful pass from Carr.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #29
sboydr
Rookie

I agree about the statement regarding Kendrick Starling not making it to the practice squad. He is too good for another team a little short on WR not to pick him up. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in preseason.
sboydr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read