Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-02-2005   #1
Fldvldog
Veteran

Default Matt Jones signed!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2122445

He should be suiting up tonight -- full pads...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

enter smart *** comment "here", J/K . Its good he's going to be in camp he certainly needs all the reps he can get.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
Fldvldog
Veteran

Yea, at least we finally got him signed. No more worries there. Lets see what he can do in camp now...
Old 08-02-2005   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey fdog, do you ever get tired of all the hog fans over there? Those endless Matt Jones thread seem like they can get annoying, especially the "Do you think MJ will play QB", those are kinda funny.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Hey fdog, do you ever get tired of all the hog fans over there? Those endless Matt Jones thread seem like they can get annoying, especially the "Do you think MJ will play QB", those are kinda funny.
I dunno, after watching Byron play for two years I can see how the question might come up.
Old 08-02-2005   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

just another guy for P-Buch to shut down. Not worthy of Dunta. It will take a while for this guy to develop but WR's like Drew Bennet, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, and our own Jabar Gaffney used to be QB's as well.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #7
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I dunno, after watching Byron play for two years I can see how the question might come up.
Huh? What has Byron done wrong? He had several game winning drives last season -- his 2nd season! Hmmm, don't understand that one.

Carr Bomb, yes...I get annoyed because of all of those "Matt Jones should play QB because he is fast and Mike Vick is fast and he played QB" -- run-on and all! Some hog fans think that Matt Jones is the second coming! I think that Matt will be a very good player f he can get his route running under control. He catches everything thrown his way.
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2005   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I should have mentioned Byron's record against the Texans and put a next to it. It was a friendly jab, nothing more.

And for the record I think Byron is going to be a pretty good NFL QB for a fat guy.

Old 08-02-2005   #9
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I should have mentioned Byron's record against the Texans and put a next to it. It was a friendly jab, nothing more.

And for the record I think Byron is going to be a pretty good NFL QB for a fat guy.

You obviously have not seen Byron lately. He has lost a lot of weight since the QB challenge (held in May). And, yes, he will be a pretty darn good QB in this league -- very soon...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read