Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2005   #41
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

did these guys have a history against each other in the ACC?
Old 08-04-2005   #42
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Well West Virginia is in the Big East and FSU is in the ACC, but as Huge pointed out earlier they played a bowl game this past season. Perhaps the beef dates back to then.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #43
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I'd like to see him pick on a veteran and see how he fares. Maybe it would do him some good to get the ***** knocked out of him and back to reality.
Old 08-04-2005   #44
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Well West Virginia is in the Big East and FSU is in the ACC, but as Huge pointed out earlier they played a bowl game this past season. Perhaps the beef dates back to then.
I dunno....maybe we're overlooking one thing here - we mighta got us some
real value here and I'm talking about the WV OL. Apparently TJ is not just
rolling over this other rookie in their competition or he wouldn't be getting so
upset and frustrated. This kid from WV is undrafted FA and is going
mano-mano against the 16th overall in the 2005 college draft and hanging
in there pretty damn well. Like Cass says, being competitive in matchups against top competition is one of the best ways to judge a players ability.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #45
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Personally, I'd like to see him pick on a veteran and see how he fares. Maybe it would do him some good to get the ***** knocked out of him and back to reality.
Wand is a veteran... what do you think the oddsmakers would put his chances?
Old 08-04-2005   #46
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno....maybe we're overlooking one thing here - we mighta got us some
real value here and I'm talking about the WV OL. Apparently TJ is not just
rolling over this other rookie in their competition or he wouldn't be getting so
upset and frustrated. This kid from WV is undrafted FA and is going
mano-mano against the 16th overall in the 2005 college draft and hanging
in there pretty damn well. Like Cass says, being competitive in matchups against top competition is one of the best ways to judge a players ability.
You know something, that thought has been in the back of my mind since word of the first fight. I've been waiting to see if anyone would say anything about Brown's play so far. If he is keeping TJ out and flustering him, he is doing something some of the veterans on the team have been unable to do. My curiosity is piqued.

If there is anyone that has been to the practices that has noticed the play of the not-so-well-known OL and DL guys like Brown, Garrick Jones, Brandon Evans, or any of the other Undrafted or late round guys, could you please let me and the others know how they are doing?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #47
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

it's good to have a couple isolated fights in training camp but not ones that constantly repeat...travis johnson vs tim brown has gone twice...kinda getting old already...i think it's time for both of those guys to just get back to football and leave the fighting to other people...maybe it would be good to see g-funk vs riley...old auburn teammates...haha...see who wins that one

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read