Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2005   #21
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

he said that they're fat, hot, and hungry and they let their emotions get ahold of them, its like their fighting over the last piece of chicken.

BTW, if Morlon Greenwood is from Jamaica, why does he have a Cuban accent?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
And I exactly agree with that... if he has that fire, I also want to see in the future a firery guy on the OL that gets upset when Carr is touched.

Move T.J. to LT. ........
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #23
stephen1
Veteran

a fights okay with me as long as it doesnt end up like what bill romanowski did
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #24
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

I dunno might be fun to watch Hoke get after Palmer a few times so he can "Feel the Rush" and maybe work a little harder on getting fire under the O-lines belly too

I agree - nothing wrong with "Healthy" competition. It can certainly help light fires in many places.

Evidently Brown mistook TJ's chicken bone for his funny bone. I dont think he will make that mistake again - :lol

The scoope on TJ's Funny "Chicken" bone

Source: Chronicle - Today's article
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3291931

Fists of fury

Top draft pick Travis Johnson and free agent rookie Tim Brown were part of the Texans' first fight of training camp Monday. During a drill toward the end of the morning practice, Johnson and Brown started shoving each other and then fell to the ground and wrestled before teammates separated them.

"It's just getting hot out here, and you know how fat guys are," Johnson said laughing. "He was telling me something about how he was going to take my last piece of chicken."

Brown, a 313-pound guard, and Johnson, a 306-pound defensive end, will now learn about Dom Capers' fine system. The fight will likely cost them each $500.

Johnson, who signed a five-year deal that could be worth as much as $10.2 million, wasn't worried about the fine. He just wanted to make sure he sent a message.

"Us Florida State guys don't get pushed around by nobody," Johnson said. "That's the last thing that's going to happen."

Last edited by U4ikrob; 08-02-2005 at 08:23 AM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #25
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow ..... Walker did slim up some over the offseason.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #26
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
he said that they're fat, hot, and hungry and they let their emotions get ahold of them, its like their fighting over the last piece of chicken.

BTW, if Morlon Greenwood is from Jamaica, why does he have a Cuban accent?
Most americanos (myself included) are not sharp enough to detect that. Keep that quiet.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #27
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Just a hunch - but I think Greenwood's accent may stem from his 5+ years spent in Miami.
Old 08-02-2005   #28
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP
Default ESPN Top Play

The Johnson fight is #6 on ESPN's top plays. ESPN put a positive spin on it.
TexansCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #29
Txnpride
Veteran

I say save the swinging blows for the Cowgirls when we scrimmage them.We need all the healthy bodies for the reg season.....We def. need some attitude on defense this season. "PLAY TIMES OVER"
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #30
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what the big hubub is. Both are new and trying to make their presence known, like male dogs marking the highest on a tree.

A little fire in practice is a good thing. While the fines may deter some ($500 on most of their salaries is a drop in the bucket), most will pay and prove their point. I guess Brown will not tell TJ he will be stealing his last piece of chicken anymore. He looked like a turtle on his back out there.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #31
JamesLovesGames
Rookie

BRAVO!
Publicitity inducing spunk and aggressive *****holes are what we need on the line. Not pretty boys.
Old 08-02-2005   #32
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty minor dustup really, I've seen better ones in practices at college and even H.S. Surprising there is not more of this, considering a guy's bread and butter may be at stake. TJ may be set for a long, long time but the FA OL is either on the Texans' payroll this year, if only the PS, or he's back home working underground in a coal mine in WV.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #33
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Us Florida State guys don't get pushed around by nobody," Johnson said. "That's the last thing that's going to happen."[/quote]

Well, it's about time someone here had that mentality. To be honest with you, I was a little pi$$ed when I saw he got into the fight on the news cause I thought it was in poor tast the he held out of camp then shows up and gets into a fight right off the bat. I take it back...all back. It's nice to see a bit of fire in someone and maybe it will spread through the whole D. I can't wait for the season to begin!!!!
Old 08-02-2005   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say this "fire" is something alot of us were saying this team lacked halfway through last season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #35
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw on Ch. 13 last night that TJ got into it again with the same guy. Dom didn't look too happy.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #36
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I saw that too. I just hope that T. Johnson known when to turn it on and turn it off. A good play screwed up by a 15 yrd. penalty is no longer considered a positive thing. But, this guy is obviously what the doctor ordered.
Old 08-04-2005   #37
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone who plays with fire and intensity and can stay within himself is just what the doctor ordered. A guy who rips his own helmet off in a fit of rage during his second fight in two days with an undrafted free agent may be cause for concern. Obviously they have unfinished business from New Years Day and obviously he will get talked to by the head cheese.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #38
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

They say "strategy" - is doing the right things and "tactics" is doing things right.

TJ's tactics of standing up for yourself in your first training camp is one thing if you are trying to win a job in the NFL... but fighting for the second time with rookie that isn't going to make the team is a pretty weak strategy.
Old 08-04-2005   #39
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Chronicle story:
Quote:
Fight club
Defensive end Travis Johnson, the No. 1 pick, got into another fight in practice with offensive tackle Tim Brown, an undrafted free agent from West Virginia.

It was the second time they've fought, and coach Dom Capers fines players $500 per fight.

"That's $1,000 I don't have yet," Brown said. "He's the No. 1 pick, and he can afford it."

Johnson, who receives a $1 million bonus this week, took off his helmet and jammed it into Brown's shoulder.

"I love to see passion, but not when it comes to fighting," Capers said. "Travis can't do us any good if he's on the bench. If he can't avoid fights out here, what's he going to do when we start playing?"

Johnson didn't seem concerned about his second fight and the $1,000 fine.

"It was just intense," he said. "That's how I play. You fight, fight, fight play without a seat belt. They jumped in and pulled him out. That's what he needed, I guess."
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #40
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Does anyone have footage of this fight. I would really like to see it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read