Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2005   #1
Holden135
Veteran

Default Travis Johnson gets in fight at camp!!!

I just saw it on the channel 13 news. He got into it with some o-lineman, nobody i recognized. He may be getting a reputation as a loose cannon and somewhat of a hard ***** but i think its a good thing. The Texans have too many nice guys on the team. We need some tenacity especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ray Lewis and the Ravens have that hit em' in the mouth mentality and thats why they are a great defense. With Peak and Johnson out there we may strike some fear in the minds of the opposing offense. Thats just my opinion.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Rookie growing pains.. someone probably giving him lip for being a day late

good for Johnson.. like ya said.. we need some fire on our D. I hope it was McKinney
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #3
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
I just saw it on the channel 13 news. He got into it with some o-lineman, nobody i recognized. He may be getting a reputation as a loose cannon and somewhat of a hard ***** but i think its a good thing. The Texans have too many nice guys on the team. We need some tenacity especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ray Lewis and the Ravens have that hit em' in the mouth mentality and thats why they are a great defense. With Peak and Johnson out there we may strike some fear in the minds of the opposing offense. Thats just my opinion.
Not a good start...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Fighting is not necessarily a bad thing in training camp. We used to see a heck of a lot more out of the Oiler camps. We could use some fire and attitude.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

does anybody know who it was against?
Old 08-01-2005   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it is a bad thing. I think it is one of those things where the rookie is trying to establish himself. I could see one or two fights, but after that there shouldn't be anymore (by one person).. Only reason is that you don't want to see that on Sunday afternoon in critical situations.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Fighting is not necessarily a bad thing in training camp. We used to see a heck of a lot more out of the Oiler camps. We could use some fire and attitude.
And I exactly agree with that... if he has that fire, I also want to see in the future a firery guy on the OL that gets upset when Carr is touched.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2005   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
AMEN!
maybe a John Runyan type
in the future
Old 08-01-2005   #9
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
#61 I think. I mentioned it in another thread. I believe they said it was some free agent lineman or something.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Notable: Saturday, it was his first pro contract. Sunday, it was his first practice. And Monday morning saw first-round pick Travis Johsnon’s first fight as a Texan.

During an 11-on-11 drill, the defensive end got into it with fellow rookie Tim Brown, an offensive tackle. After an exchange of shoves the two wrestled each other to the ground, where they were broken up, and nothing more was made of the incident.

“It’s a part of training camp,” Capers said after the morning session. “Everybody has it.”

But Capers discouraged fighting, saying that emotions must be kept under control as practice for the regular season when extracurricular activities will cost the team 15 yards. So it will cost the rookies too.

“Anytime we have a fight now, there’s going to be two guys that get fined.”
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3291090

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as no one tears an ACL during one of these fights, its ok.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
As long as no one tears an ACL during one of these fights, its ok.
Dude keep those 3 letters to yourself. We are actually having people at practice these days.

I want a mean defense and maybe this kid can light some fire into our D.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There will be a fight in every camp. I have said this before....guys with at minimum 250,000 a year jobs on the line, where the guys are expected to be physical, in 100 degree heat...think about.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

good point
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

There was no fight in tonights practice, although Travis made Weary look like a high school lineman.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire is nice as long as he doesn't reaggravate the elbow. He's been wearing a huge brace.

Last edited by aj.; 08-02-2005 at 12:07 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #17
slyfox68
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
#61 Tim Brown Rookie from West Virginia
Old 08-02-2005   #18
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

As long as the fight don't get to the level of when Micheal Westbrook K.O. Stephen Davis, I don't see any problems.
Old 08-02-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

heh, a D lineman taking the O-liner down. I think TJ could consider it a win.

I agree, a little fight here or there in training camp is a good thing (like Vinny said, it was always a staple at Oilers' camps...shows fire in the belly!).

As long as it's not your offensive and defensive coordinators smacking each other during a regular season game!
Old 08-02-2005   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
heh, a D lineman taking the O-liner down. I think TJ could consider it a win.

I agree, a little fight here or there in training camp is a good thing (like Vinny said, it was always a staple at Oilers' camps...shows fire in the belly!).

As long as it's not your offensive and defensive coordinators smacking each other during a regular season game!
actually...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read