Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2005   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Michaels and Theismann

Quote:
Michaels, Theismann, Kolber, Tafoya to crew MNFESPN.com news services

Monday Night Football will have a new home in 2006, but the faces on the telecast team will be familar to prime-time football.

Al Michaels is staying with Monday Night Football when it moves from ABC to ESPN for the 2006 NFL season, parting with John Madden after four seasons in the booth together.

Michaels, who will also appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown, NFL PrimeTime and SportsCenter, will be joined by analyst Joe Theismann in the booth, with Suzy Kolber and Michelle Tafoya reporting from the sidelines.

"Monday Night Football and ESPN are the two biggest game changers in our industry in the last 30 years, and we have assembled a talent and production team that will reflect that," ESPN President George Bodenheimer said in the statement. "This team is a true collaboration of ESPN and ABC Sports, and clearly demonstrates the strength and promise of what our company can deliver."

Michaels has been the play-by-play man on Monday Night Football since 1986, the last three with Madden as analyst. After this season, Madden is moving to NBC, which is taking over the Sunday night time slot in 2006 for what the NFL considers its main prime-time package.

"I feel like I'm a creature of Monday night. I'm home and I'm staying home," said Michaels, who had been heavily pursued by NBC, but said he wanted to stay where he has worked for 29 years -- ABC and ESPN are both owned by the Disney Co.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2117146

Last edited by Wolf; 07-26-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Great news. Hopefully Madden can re-unite with Dennis Miller!

Not.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Is he going to be on Countdown and Primetime with Chris Berman? I hope he's not replacing him.
Old 07-27-2005   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm the only one in the world who actually liked Dennis Miller on MNF.

I just hope they dont put Marv Albert on NBC with Madden.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I'm the only one in the world who actually liked Dennis Miller on MNF.

I just hope they dont put Marv Albert on NBC with Madden.

I actually liked dennis miller ..heck it made me go to the website and click the link of what we was talking about..of course I like history and stuff too.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #6
Ghetto D
Rookie

I used to love Sunday Night football (despite Joey T), but it seems like they have replaced all that is good in the booth with Al Michaels. I'm not sure if those two egos can fit in the same stadium, much less the same booth.

I liked Mike Patrick and Paul McGuire. Where do they end up?
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #7
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see Patrick with Madden on NBC....I wouldn't be suprised to see McGuire on CBS or FOX on a second tier broadcast booth.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2005   #8
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Default Playing Musical Chairs in the Broadcast Booth

And Rich Gannon is calling it quits with the Raiders and joining the CBS broadcasting team..

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=353124&rfi=6
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #9
slyfox68
Veteran

My prediction for ESPN Monday Night Football:

Game 1 in 2006

The Dallas Cowboys vs. the Houston Texans from Texas Stadium. What did my teacher tell me in school? OH, YEAH.
"History repeats itself".
Old 07-28-2005   #10
stephen1
Veteran

i dont like the new MNF team. I like Michaels but I find Theismann obnoxious and I cant stand those women sideline reporters getting in the coaches face at half time. Im just happy they dont have paul macguire again.
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read