Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2005   #1
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Alex Smith FINALLY Signs...per 610

I glanced around for a link but didn't find anything...they just mentioned that he finally signed to an undisclosed amount...I hope it is true because he has single handedly caused a logjam of contract negotiations.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thank god.

Now here comes a week of chaos. kffl should start to blow up with signings.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3827052
Here's your link - now the other picks will probably start signing like dominoes,
but don't have an idea how long it will take to get to the 16th.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

ESPN said that the Pats signed there first round pick too.
Old 07-25-2005   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
ESPN said that the Pats signed there first round pick too.
I dunno....gotta be a first - numbers 1 and 32 (first and last) in the first round sign before anybody in 2 thru 31 signs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #6
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno....gotta be a first - numbers 1 and 32 (first and last) in the first round sign before anybody in 2 thru 31 signs.
if you think about it, that makes the most sense.
Sets the pay scale for everyone in between.
Old 07-25-2005   #7
tiger06
Veteran

24 million dollar signing bonus!?!?!?! WTF!!!
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2005   #8
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
It was the breaking news during first and ten. The bottom kept running the Patriots are first to sign there first round pick to a five year deal.
Old 07-25-2005   #9
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

The Eagles signned Mike Patterson to a 5 year deal and the Raiders signned Fabian Washington to a 5 year deal as well.
Old 07-25-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger06
24 million dollar signing bonus!?!?!?! WTF!!!
NOT the bonus, just the garanteed money.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #11
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
NOT the bonus, just the garanteed money.
The Bonus is the garanteed money
The salary is not.

but I doubt that he got a 24 million dollar bonus, that is manning and vick sized payment.
Old 07-26-2005   #12
TexansCanes
All Pro

i think the signing bounus was in the 19 million range, a little lower than manning's last year. total contract was vauled at 49.5 mil.
Old 07-26-2005   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
The Bonus is the garanteed money
The salary is not.

but I doubt that he got a 24 million dollar bonus, that is manning and vick sized payment.
Of course your correct. I guess I just didn't make myself clear. I meant it is not what he gets the moment he signed ie. signing bonus, but rather that they are payed out at different intervals, most likely over a couple of years, but they are garanteed. Either way, it's a boatload of dough.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read