Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-31-2014   #61
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: San Antonio Raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
In the unlikely event that they move to SA, I think it would be a travesty to change the name. The autumn wind is a pirate after all.
Indeed it would. Even though I'm a Houston sports fan through, and through, I have always been a Raiders supporter. I just love the team colors, the fans, and the whole mystique of the franchise. I have quite a few pieces of Raiders merch, my favorite being my Fred Biletnikoff jersey.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #62
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The name which won the original naming poll was ... Senors. Raiders came in 3rd...
Señors!

How about the Smugglers or the Cartel?

Or the Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón?

Let's get inventive, here.
Old 07-31-2014   #63
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Antonio Herbs with a marijuana leaf on their helmet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #64
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raider will never change their name, nor should they. If there can be Jazz in Utah.........
Old 07-31-2014   #65
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The name which won the original naming poll was ... Senors. Raiders came in 3rd.
Really?

Old 07-31-2014   #66
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-31-2014   #67
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I wouldn't mind cali has 3 NFL teams NY has 3 and FLordia has 3

I think Texas can handle 3 teams

but only if they move the raiders to the AFC south and take either the Jags or colts out
New York has 1 team and they will eventually move to Toronto

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2014   #68
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Oooh.... new smilie! Can we keep this one?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014   #69
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Oooh.... new smilie! Can we keep this one?
Probably too niche. Really it belongs in the Matt Schaub thread, but I was too lazy to look for it
Old 08-01-2014   #70
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Señors!

How about the Smugglers or the Cartel?

Or the Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón?

Let's get inventive, here.
The citizens of The GREAT Republic of Texas were called TEXIANS
Old 08-01-2014   #71
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The San Antonio Herbs with a marijuana leaf on their helmet.
or

The San Antonio Fat Chicks (SAFTCHX)

Old 10-04-2014   #72
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

McCombs: Cowboys, Jones won’t sack potential Raiders move to San Antonio
Quote:
While Jones would surely prefer that the Raiders relocate to Los Angeles — or anywhere else outside of Texas — McCombs, the former owner of the Minnesota Vikings, doesn’t believe the outspoken Cowboys owner would look to block the team from setting up shop in the nation’s seventh largest city. But don't expect Jones to help San Antonio land an NFL team either.

“I don’t think he will be one who will obstruct,” said McCombs — one of the local leaders who met with Raiders owner Mark Davis in July about a possible relocation of the team to San Antonio — about Jones. “In a perfect world, he’d rather keep this market for himself. But he knows the way the game is played. I would not expect any push back from him.”

The NFL operates under a league-wide revenue-sharing model. It would be to the advantage of Jones and other NFL owners for the Raiders to become more successful financially. That may not be possible in Oakland.

The Raiders play in an outdated stadium and last season ranked last in the NFL in average home attendance. The apathy could drive Davis out of Oakland.

“I’ve talked with a number of my associates in the Oakland area,” McCombs told me. “I don’t know that they would be that upset (if the Raiders relocated). The Raiders need a new home. And they need a new following.”

McCombs believes it is only a matter of time before some NFL team chooses to move to San Antonio, should the Raiders pass on the opportunity.

“We can’t let up. We have to continue to make the other owners operating in the league aware that they have a market here where they could do very well,” he said. “It’s our obligation and our opportunity.”
Old 10-04-2014   #73
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

McCombs is old and delusional. No way Jerry allows for a San Antonio team. San Antonians bleed Cowboy blue.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

San Antonio has simply become the latest city being used as blackmail bait by the NFL.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #74
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
McCombs is old and delusional. No way Jerry allows for a San Antonio team. San Antonians bleed Cowboy blue.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

San Antonio has simply become the latest city being used as blackmail bait by the NFL.

Maybe it'll work for them like it did for us. Also, who knows how many people from California already moved down here to San Antonio and Houston.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #75
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I saw somewhere that the cowboys were the only team that doesn't participate in revenue sharing. They keep all of their profits on their merchandise. Some were citing that as the reason they signed Sam.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #76
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I thought I saw somewhere that the cowboys were the only team that doesn't participate in revenue sharing. They keep all of their profits on their merchandise. Some were citing that as the reason they signed Sam.
Correct: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...son-salary-cap
Old 10-04-2014   #77
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34219 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Jerry is a smart businessman, initially what he did different was sell stadium rights not team rights. This model bypassed revenue sharing and was soon adopted by others in the NFL.

From Forbes:
Quote:
The Cowboys, who are the only team in the NFL to distribute their own merchandise: The league’s new collective bargaining agreement, which began last season, specifically excludes the team’s wholesale merchandise revenue, projected to be $80 million last year, from the revenue pool shared with the players (royalties paid on Cowboys merchandise do continue to be shared with the players).
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014   #78
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
or

The San Antonio Fat Chicks (SAFTCHX)
Damn....

Old 11-08-2014   #79
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders Owner Mark Davis met with several San Antonio officials about a possible move.

Quote:
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis met with a delegation of officials from San Antonio on Friday to talk about a potential move for his franchise.

Former San Antonio Mayor Henry Cisneros and other city officials traveled to the Bay Area for the meeting, which comes about four months after Davis and other team officials had met with the group in San Antonio.

"We're going to present San Antonio's strengths and assets in the most persuasive way possible," Cisneros told the San Antonio Express-News before the meeting. "We have a very, very good opportunity to set it forth in a way the Raiders can digest."

Team officials declined to comment on the meeting.

The Raiders are in the final year of their lease at O.co Coliseum and are seeking a long-term deal. Davis has said his first choice is to remain in Oakland but he has been unable to reach a deal for a new stadium with local officials. The Raiders also could move back to Los Angeles, their home from 1982 to '94.
If this was to happen I would like for them to move to the same division as the Texans. Three teams in Texas with no rivalry among the teams would be terrible.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014   #80
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Raiders Owner Mark Davis met with several San Antonio officials about a possible move.

If this was to happen I would like for them to move to the same division as the Texans. Three teams in Texas with no rivalry among the teams would be terrible.
Though it may never happen, I would love a division with Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and New Orleans.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read