Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-06-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 4-4 49ers??

Are they a bad team? Are they mediocre?

They lost to the Bears, the Cardinals, Denver, & St Louis (they only scored 10 points).

They've got wins against Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, & St Louis.

They're third in their division, eight in their conference, very possible to make the post season.

Are they a good of bad team? Do you think they'll make the play offs?
Old 11-06-2014   #2
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4-4 49ers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

They lost to the Bears, the Cardinals, Denver, & St Louis (they only scored 10 points).

They're third in their division, eight in their conference, very possible to make the post season.

By what I have seen its on the defense. Of course with the injuries at LB and Aldon Smith not playing its understandable. On the Offense Kap is just not the same anymore, he has a good group of WRs that he is just not hitting with accuracy anymore.
Old 11-06-2014   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

We've had a couple W-C teams win the SB in recent years, all San Fran needs to do is get some key players back from injury and they could be a factor.
Coventional wisdom was that they were right there with Seattle last year as having the best talent in the league.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they're getting good play out of their QB, #1WR, TE, RBs and a couple of OL. So fingers being pointed at Greg Roman. The DEF misses the Aldon Smith/Justin Smith stack game.

And I think their Head Coach wants a ticket out of town.
Old 11-06-2014   #5
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Offensively they have had a few OL miss a couple games and they can't get the run game going. Kaepernick is a solid QB, but he needs to lean on a running game to be successful. He's not the stud so many try to make him out to be.

Defensively they are missing Bowman, Smith, and Dorsey plus they lost Whitner in FA and replaced him with durable vet Antoine Bethea (who has naturally struggled with injuries). They also lost both CB's in FA. Harbaugh said they needed to re-work the secondary in the offseason and Baalke was content to bring in JAG's like Cox and Cook to replace them.

This has been the boiling point with the tension between them. Harbaugh has wanted personnel decisions for a while and I can't blame him as he's been right more often than Baalke has. I expect he'll bolt town and go to a team like OAK or NYJ that will give him authority on personnel. Of course, he could also come home to my Wolverines, but that's a damn pipe dream.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So from what I'm reading, they're a good team despite their 4-4 record?
Old 11-06-2014   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So from what I'm reading, they're a good team despite their 4-4 record?
They've been to 3 straight NFC Championship games....of course they're a good team. One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that they have the #1 SOS thus far this season. They also have the #1 SOV (strength of victory).

The "easy part" of their schedule this year is vs. St. Louis, @ New Orleans, @ NY Giants, then vs. Washington. That's not exactly easy. Of course, then they get to follow that up by playing Seattle, Oakland, Seattle, San Diego, Arizona. Their schedule this year is rough.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2014   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kaepernick just isn't that good. I've always said that and I've always taken heat for it. He's fine when he has the best OL in the league protecting him and opening holes for the running game. Plus, he has weapons to throw to.

He's a phenomenal athlete but he's not a good QB. He's dependent on his supporting cast. I'm not sure how anyone sees him as anything other than a more athletic Alex Smith.

If you let him move around and run he'll kill you. But if you take his legs away and force him to make throws they can't score points.

Obviously, they have other issues as well. But to me, that's a big one.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Kaepernick just isn't that good. I've always said that and I've always taken heat for it. He's fine when he has the best OL in the league protecting him and opening holes for the running game. Plus, he has weapons to throw to.

He's a phenomenal athlete but he's not a good QB. He's dependent on his supporting cast. I'm not sure how anyone sees him as anything other than a more athletic Alex Smith.

If you let him move around and run he'll kill you. But if you take his legs away and force him to make throws they can't score points.

Obviously, they have other issues as well. But to me, that's a big one.
I was a fan of Kaepernick in the beginning, but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's one of the more overrated QBs in the league right now.
Old 11-06-2014   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Niners have defensive talent but much of that talent is injured/suspended.

Their QB is talented but sporatic. He has weapons but not all of them are 100%.

Their locker room is a little shakey from what I've been hearing from the radio talking heads because some dislike Harbaugh, others think he'll bolt for another team or the college ranks when this season is done. Who knows if any of that is true

To make the playoffs they'll have to get hot. This upcoming game in the SuperDome will say a lot about where they're headed.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read