Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Should Texans extend an offer to Richie Incognito?
Yeah 5 9.26%
Nope 49 90.74%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2014   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should Texans sign Richie Incognito?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If players cant handle media attention then they're mental weaklings and the kid of players you cant win a SB with anyways. But those kinds ok players are generally great kids.

I've had enough of the great kids era. It's time to start getting the winning kids kind of players. If these great kids are great players. great. If these kids are not great kids but great players then sign me up.

Kids gonna do what kids do.
.....and Incognito did what kids do. Also, what he did was beyond politically incorrect. If all he did was something "politically incorrect" I wouldn't care and neither would the media. So, you want a guy with VERY average talent plus the media circus, potentially to the detriment of the team as a whole? Sounds like you want a bad guy in there just for the sake of having a bad guy.
Old 07-20-2014   #22
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If players cant handle media attention then they're mental weaklings and the kid of players you cant win a SB with anyways. But those kinds ok players are generally great kids.

I've had enough of the great kids era. It's time to start getting the winning kids kind of players. If these great kids are great players. great. If these kids are not great kids but great players then sign me up.

And, how many SB's has Incognito won? I can't seem to find that information at the moment. Maybe it's because he's been incognito.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #23
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There is a small but vocal portion of the fanbase thst believes the Texans need a "bad boy" element on the team in order to be successful. That's why we have to see ridiculous questions like this posed every time some misfit becomes avaliable.
Agreed. Some people think the Raiders misfits of the seventies is the only way to produce a winner. But where is Oakland now and how many winners had this kind of element? It's a false premise which needs to be shot down at every sighting.
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't care how good a player he potentially is, the media circus he'll bring with him isn't worth it. He'll be a distraction, not help.
Hmmmm dont talk about AJ that way
Old 07-20-2014   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
.....and Incognito did what kids do. Also, what he did was beyond politically incorrect. If all he did was something "politically incorrect" I wouldn't care and neither would the media. So, you want a guy with VERY average talent plus the media circus, potentially to the detriment of the team as a whole? Sounds like you want a bad guy in there just for the sake of having a bad guy.
For the recod I don't want Incognito on the Texans. Not because of the reasons like media circus etc.. and I think Incognito is still an above avg LG. However I don't think the Texans are in need of a LG. So they're not a good match.

However my philosophy stands and until McNair changes his philosophy, (Not likely) The Texans will always be behind teams like the Pats/Broncos/Seahawks/SF etc.... who have my philosophy. One that is they will take on any player that will help them win.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Agreed. Some people think the Raiders misfits of the seventies is the only way to produce a winner. But where is Oakland now and how many winners had this kind of element? It's a false premise which needs to be shot down at every sighting.
Bad analogy Al Davis got old. BTW, I would take a couple of decades of SB contention that the Raiders had.

Look at the Pats/Seattle/Denver/SF in today's game.
Old 07-20-2014   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For the recod I don't want Incognito on the Texans. Not because of the reasons like media circus etc.. and I think Incognito is still an above avg LG. However I don't think the Texans are in need of a LG. So they're not a good match.

However my philosophy stands and until McNair changes his philosophy, (Not likely) The Texans will always be behind teams like the Pats/Broncos/Seahawks/SF etc.... who have my philosophy. One that is they will take on any player that will help them win.
Fair enough. For my part I just don't want him and his dirty ways on the team. If they signed him tomorrow I'd feel the same way. However, I would cheer for him if he became a Texan, just wouldn't care for him being here, is all.
Old 07-20-2014   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
As much as i dislike the guy i do think he would make our offensive line better, why should i care how he treats opposing teams players...
He got dropped because of what he did to his own players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Moot issue because we don't need help at guard (especially after using the 33rd overall pick in the Draft for one), what we need is help at tackle, specifically RT.
Bingo.

Documented mental issues, multiple psych admissions... if you sign up to date 'that girl' don't be surprised when she's standing over you with a butcher knife.
Old 07-20-2014   #29
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If he was such a "winning kid," he would be signed already.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
If he was such a "winning kid," he would be signed already.
He's been blackballed for what has gone on in lockerrooms for yrs.

But you know that.
Old 07-20-2014   #31
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Incognito was kicked off of every team he's ever played on. In all but one case it was midseason.

He started at Nebraska, then was kicked off the team two weeks before the season opener his senior year for brawling with teammates during practice (he was first team all big XII the previous year and expected to be one of the best Centers in CFB). He transferred to Oregon but never made the roster because he did not meet the standards he agreed to when he transferred (he was ordered to take an anger management class and not violate his code of conduct).

He was drafted by the Rams in the third round after not playing football his senior year. In December 2009 he was benched by Spagnulo for headbutting an opposing player twice in a game. He then went on to fight with the coach on the sideline and was cut that week. He signed with the Bills for the remaining three games of the season and they declined to bring him back -- the only team that didn't rid themselves of his presence in the middle of a season. Then he went to Miami, where in 2013 he was suspended and released for the Martin stuff.

Dude fights with his teammates. He fights with his coaches. He gets into fights with random strangers. I don't think every player has to be a choir boy, but this guy's a locker room cancer.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014   #32
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Should Texans sign Richie Incognito?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
The guy was the least likable player in the league not named Cortland Finnegan and that was *before* the whole saga with the Dolphins.

He's a repulsive, wretched excuse for a human being. Calling him excrement is a compliment.
Sums up why I voted no. Can't bring myself to cheer for a goon team... or respect their fans. Reminds me too much of Tennessee
Old 07-21-2014   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather they sign Terrell Owens and Jeff Garcia...and I'd be against that (for the record). I think the long and short of the issue is that Incognito is too big a dumbass to sign, regardless of talent.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #34
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

No...Dude is a complete turd of a human being
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd rather they sign Terrell Owens and Jeff Garcia...and I'd be against that (for the record). I think the long and short of the issue is that Incognito is too big a dumbass to sign, regardless of talent.
They would at least address a need.

If Incognito was a little less of a moron and played RT then I'd be curious and maybe willing to entertain the idea.

Maybe.

Probably not though.
Old 07-21-2014   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your philosophy is to carp about McNair and Smith no matter what they do. While saying no on Incognito you still use it as proof of inferiority. Of course if they signed him and the entirely predictable personal foul occurred at a critical juncture then Smith and McNair would be wrong for taking a stupid risk on an obvious miscreant.
Old 07-21-2014   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
They would at least address a need.

If Incognito was a little less of a moron and played RT then I'd be curious and maybe willing to entertain the idea.

Maybe.

Probably not though.
If the need is big enough I'd (personally) give anyone a shot. I used to run a Ford store....hired a guy (salesman) with a bad reputation and fired him in the same week (I needed someone who could make a friggin' car deal). Office ladies didn't like that but it's a similar situation. Performance based industry need performers (I mean, would you go to a Aerosmith concert if Infantrycak stood in for the lead singer?) As long as the contract was structured for a rapid release upon dumbass move I think you could certainly justify the chance. Hell that's how they built the current Bengal team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Your philosophy is to carp about McNair and Smith no matter what they do. While saying no on Incognito you still use it as proof of inferiority. Of course if they signed him and the entirely predictable personal foul occurred at a critical juncture then Smith and McNair would be wrong for taking a stupid risk on an obvious miscreant.
Wrong, if McNair/Smith took chances on guys like this I would understand that you have to take the good with the bad and live with it. Talent should win out at all cost. IMHO

2-14 again proves the Texans org has some large problems with the higher ups and to win big there needs to be a change in philosophy. If they don't you can expect more 2-14 in the future. The last draft shows that maybe/hopefully they are beginning to change their talent evaluation processes.

Carry on with you being able to read my mind. People have spent many $$$$ trying to figure out my mind and I wish you luck.
Old 07-21-2014   #39
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 202 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

In today's game Mean Joe Green would be in a world of trouble and no Coke Commercials.
Old 07-21-2014   #40
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Performance based industry need performers (I mean, would you go to a Aerosmith concert if Infantrycak stood in for the lead singer?) .
Oh I dunno.... Can Cak belt out "Dream On"... or "Sweet Emotion"??
...and how much are the tickets going for? It might be worth a ten-spot just to see him with long hair...

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read