Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-22-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Koren Robinson - dumber than most bricks

Robinson shows up drunk to serve his DUI conviction.
Quote:
Three days after pleading guilty to a DUI charge, former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson was in jail Thursday for allegedly violating a court order to abstain from alcohol.

Kirkland Police accused Robinson of being intoxicated when he showed up Wednesday morning to serve a one-day jail term on the DUI conviction.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...-4596884c.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #2
jags98
Veteran

Soo Much talent that should have been given to some1 else.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Wow. That is just plain stupid.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

dumbass
Old 07-22-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're beyond stupid here TEXANS84. I think we've gone to the point of Robinson being genuinely ill. I'd bet the farm that he's a full blown alcoholic who's going to eventually be attending AA meetings for the rest of his life.

The only question here is how ugly are things going to get between right now and the day he figures it out.
Old 07-22-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I can almost guarantee that he'll either get a 30+ day jail term or be sent to a mandatory drug acohol treatment program for the same amount.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #7
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

I can almost guarentee he never finds a permanent home in the NFL.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2005   #8
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
if he finds another home...
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I can almost guarentee I will win the lottery tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2005   #10
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If soap is anything like footballs, and if he does go to jail, he'd better lose that case of the dropsies he's had throughout his career.

Seriously though, obviously this guy needs to dry out. If that's not a cry for help, I don't know what is.
Old 07-23-2005   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

When I read this article, what I feared was reality. He really is on my fantasy football team....thank god he's riding the bench though. Anyone that wants to trade a decent cigar or perhaps a budweiser select for this roster scab, you know where to find me.

This is what I get for forgetting the draft date.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #12
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
I can almost guarantee he will play for the Cowboys.
Old 07-23-2005   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelBlue

SOOOO TRUE!! Maybe Miami! Look what dumb-a Ricky Wms did, and Miami is still chomping at the bits to get him back.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #14
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelBlue
Or the Raiders. It seems like they always have to have guys with problems on their team.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #15
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
When I read this article, what I feared was reality. He really is on my fantasy football team....thank god he's riding the bench though. Anyone that wants to trade a decent cigar or perhaps a budweiser select for this roster scab, you know where to find me.

This is what I get for forgetting the draft date.
Make that a case of MGD and I'll take him off of your hands. Just make sure that the case of MGD is iced down when you bring it though.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Make that a case of MGD and I'll take him off of your hands. Just make sure that the case of MGD is iced down when you bring it though.
Man I know he's bad right now but I don't think I should be giving away beer to get rid of him. I'm not the Houston Rockets.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #17
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Man I know he's bad right now but I don't think I should be giving away beer to get rid of him. I'm not the Houston Rockets.
Ooooohhhh, you are saying that you want something in return for him.

Not very likely to happen. Maybe when .
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I think we're beyond stupid here TEXANS84. I think we've gone to the point of Robinson being genuinely ill. I'd bet the farm that he's a full blown alcoholic who's going to eventually be attending AA meetings for the rest of his life.

The only question here is how ugly are things going to get between right now and the day he figures it out.

your right Herv..I just hope that he gets counceling and gets his life in order.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Robinson hoping to play in 2005
Clayton
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Finally realizing he has a problem with alcohol, former Seahawks wide receiver Koren Robinson has checked himself into a 30-day treatment center in South Carolina and plans to be ready for the NFL regular season as a new person.

"I've realized I've got a problem," Robinson said. "I know the path I was going down wouldn't enable me to be a successful person in life and a successful football player on the field. I had to be proactive before I got too bad."

Robinson's career and life have been spiraling out of control for the past eight months. Because of his drinking, he missed meetings late in the 2004 season and had to make a promise to seek alcohol treatment to stay on the active roster. That didn't work. Robinson finished the season on the active roster but was charged with a DUI on May 6 in Kirkland, Wa.

After pleading guilty, he ended up receiving a 365-day jail sentence in which 364 days were suspended. When he showed up for his one-day jail sentence, alcohol was allegedly detected on his breath by two detectives, a violation of his probation from the plea bargain.

That incident was the final straw. Robinson had been in denial about his problems. Last week, he checked himself in a rehab center.

"I will get out at the end of August," Robinson said. "I just know I had a problem. I was in denial for a while. Stuff had to happen to me for me to realize it before anything bad happened. I'm not ashamed of what I've done. I'm thankful it wasn't worse. But I have to put this problem in the past."

link
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read