Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2014   #1
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Michael Sam Experiment

I will call it as officially over ...

Quote:
Michael Sam, the first openly gay active NFL player, has been cut from the Dallas Cowboys practice team.

The team announced on Tuesday that they were cutting Sam to make way for linebacker Troy Daniels. Sam had been on the 10-man practice team since Week 1.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cowboy...193955749.html
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Michael Sam Experiment

And you're just giddy with girlish joy.
Old 10-21-2014   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see how receptive these bigots are when someone comes out and can start in the NFL.
Old 10-21-2014   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Quote:
The Michael Sam Experiment
Experiment?? I can see that was your words and not the title of the article. Is Sam a different species or something I'm not aware of?

What a strange way to characterize the situation.
Old 10-21-2014   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, I forgot this guy existed.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #6
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Experiment?? I can see that was your words and not the title of the article. Is Sam a different species or something I'm not aware of?

What a strange way to characterize the situation.
Yes it was my words, and my opinion ... nothing more.

I never thought this guy stood a chance. He was used by others trying to make themselves out to be something that society looks upon as good and special, while in my opinion they probably never had any intention of him making the team.

As far as what Michael Sam was ... was a publicity stunt.
Old 10-21-2014   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes it was my words, and my opinion ... nothing more.

I never thought this guy stood a chance. He was used by others trying to make themselves out to be something that society looks upon as good and special, while in my opinion they probably never had any intention of him making the team.

As far as what Michael Sam was ... was a publicity stunt.
So you're saying Jeff Fisher, a long established coach who could give a shit what anyone thinks of him, that he was in it for the publicity?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2014   #8
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cowboy...193955749.html
I'm surprised. Not because he's good, but because...
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Let's see how receptive these bigots are when someone comes out and can start in the NFL.
What'd you say? Can't hear you over the howls of outrage and allegations of discrimination which were predicted by them.
Old 10-21-2014   #10
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
~Oh how superior you are.~ Would you believe, gullible?
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #11
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy got a fair shot with two different teams, all you can ask for.

Opened the door for more talented gay men in the future though, so no reason for libs to be upset or for others to celebrate.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There are already gay dudes in the NFL. At some point, one or more of them will be open about it, perhaps because of Sam.
Old 10-21-2014   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 124578 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't this guy def mvp in the Big 12 last year and thought to be a fine football player before he came out and kissed a guy on national tv?
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
There are already gay dudes in the NFL. At some point, one or more of them will be open about it, perhaps because of Sam.
Unfortunately the fact that he was open probably was his demise. Wonder where he would have been drafted if he just kept his private life private? Of course he stunk up the combine, but maybe that was nerves and all the pressure he created for himself. If he would have been just another football player, who only wanted to go out and play football ... he might still be playing.
Old 10-21-2014   #15
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Wasn't this guy def mvp in the Big 12 last year and thought to be a fine football player before he came out and kissed a guy on national tv?
SEC actually, not that means anything, as Heisman winners can go without making a team.

Was always a marginal NFL talent

At the end of the day, him being gay was not a big deal either way, which is what we call all gleam from this I guess.

Gay dudes have been in the NFL since there has been an NFL, just not open about it. See Kerry Rhodes from a few years ago.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Co-SEC DPOY. But there were questions about his athleticism/game long before he came out. His workout at the Combine only exacerbated that as he performed below average in pretty much every athletic drill.

It's usually tough for guys like him to stick because most teams are almost always going to pick the more athletic guy over the higher motor guy and hope to mold him into something special. That was the situation that occurred with the Rams.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was smart to come out though. Now he'll have a gig for life somewhere and it'll be solely based on his sexuality, which we'll hear is no big deal for the rest of time even though that's the only reason news of a guy getting cut from a practice squad makes all the news outlets.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #18
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what the big deal is. The whole Texans team minus #99 plays like a bunch of fags. Hell we have 52 saladtossers on the active roster....
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #19
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
He was smart to come out though. Now he'll have a gig for life somewhere and it'll be solely based on his sexuality, which we'll hear is no big deal for the rest of time even though that's the only reason news of a guy getting cut from a practice squad makes all the news outlets.
^ there we have it ...
Old 10-22-2014   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Over? Forever? Bummer.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read