Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-23-2014   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill O'Brien mic'd up at practice

Not what I expected but if I were a player, id like to play for a guy like this.

He's lot "looser" than I thought he'd be.

Just a little break from the everyday mundane...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...1-6565832131ae
Old 06-24-2014   #2
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien mic'd up at practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not what I expected but if I were a player, id like to play for a guy like this.

He's lot "looser" than I thought he'd be.

Just a little break from the everyday mundane...

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...1-6565832131ae
LZ was commenting that this version of O'Brien wasn't the O'Brien you typically see at practice. Probably playing it up since he's mic'd up
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #3
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 10578 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Propaganda. I busted out laughing when LZ broke into comrade after they played some of those sound bites.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 238286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
LZ was commenting that this version of O'Brien wasn't the O'Brien you typically see at practice. Probably playing it up since he's mic'd up
Oh so he's got multiple personalities.
Great.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #5
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101400 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Things I saw in the video:

Keyshawn Martin talks like a pipsqueak...OB asked him like 4 times what his 40 was...if he ran a 4.38...Keyshawn..Own that **** man...

Alfred Blue's dad lives in Humble...has been here since Katrina and stayed because he said he liked it better...
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Alfred Blue's dad lives in Humble...has been here since Katrina and stayed because he said he liked it better...
Kendrick Lewis was evacuated during Katrina to Houston, too.
Old 06-24-2014   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

He was mic'd up, it was staged, he was playing to the camera. Hollywood. What we saw is fiction. What we don't know is it going to be a Comedy? Terror? Drama? Action? chick flick?
Old 06-25-2014   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kendrick Lewis was evacuated during Katrina to Houston, too.

I've met a TON of people who came here after Katrina, realized "oh this is a big city with jobs and opportunities!" and stayed here for good.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I've met a TON of people who came here after Katrina, realized "oh this is a big city with jobs and opportunities!" and stayed here for good.
No doubt. Just find it interesting we're seeing evacuees on the Texans now.

Lewis has expressed deep gratitude.
Old 06-27-2014   #10
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No doubt. Just find it interesting we're seeing evacuees on the Texans now.

Lewis has expressed deep gratitude.
It was almost 10 years ago. Hard to believe, didn't seem that long ago.
Old 06-27-2014   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Has BB gone grocery shopping yet? Hope he didn't get HEB's version of a tamale. Might as well eat tree bark.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 80974 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I love New Orleans. I don't see how anyone could leave behind all that badass food.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #13
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 89865 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I love New Orleans. I don't see how anyone could leave behind all that badass food.

I worked in New Orleans and lived across the bridge on the North Shore for a few years on a job and the reason I left was all the crime. Driving across that 24 mile bridge every day sucked, especially when it was foggy! I cannot even imagine actually living in or around the metro area, but yea the food and the French Quarter was awesome.

If you are not from there, the people treat you like an outsider. They never fully accept you, and they openly admit it.

Nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there. I left about 6 months before Katrina hit. The house I had been renting was flooded to roof level, and pine trees had fallen on and collapsed the roof. The home owner sent me photos afterwards.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's not like Houston has crappy food. The better jobs and greater opportunity out weigh the food.

I like New Orleans.. I have family there. Great place to visit, but I'd rather live here.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #15
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 10276 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Never been to NO, but when I think of a place to enjoy great food the Bayou City is always one of the first places that I think of.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 80974 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I worked in New Orleans and lived across the bridge on the North Shore for a few years on a job and the reason I left was all the crime. Driving across that 24 mile bridge every day sucked, especially when it was foggy! I cannot even imagine actually living in or around the metro area, but yea the food and the French Quarter was awesome.

If you are not from there, the people treat you like an outsider. They never fully accept you, and they openly admit it.

Nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there. I left about 6 months before Katrina hit. The house I had been renting was flooded to roof level, and pine trees had fallen on and collapsed the roof. The home owner sent me photos afterwards.
I hear what you mean about the crime. I don't deal with that well myself. Austin's low crime rate is a luxury. People here have no idea how good they have it.

I've only spent time in downtown and the French Quarter, but the culture, food, music, and high ratio of pretty girls keeps me going back. Some of the locals I've become friends with over the years have tried to convince me to move there, but honestly, that place would kill me. Too much of a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It's not like Houston has crappy food. The better jobs and greater opportunity out weigh the food.

I like New Orleans.. I have family there. Great place to visit, but I'd rather live here.
I really miss the seafood in Houston. Austin is lacking comparatively.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The food here holds up against the food in NOLA. There's some outstanding restaurants here.

And: unlike NOLA, the people in Houston have good jobs, and actually afford to GO TO those great restaurants.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read