Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-24-2014   #21
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136056 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeAndre Hopkins in 2014 -- Football Outsiders

The only INT I remember being in question with Schaub/Hopkins was assumed to be on Hopkins by just about everyone....Until Kubiak came out and said, No, it was on Schaub.

http://sheltonmedia.blogspot.com/201...edia-fail.html

I argued this at the time, but if you go back and look at that play there is no way that is on Hopkins. Two Titans are sitting on the route. even if Hopkins cuts off his route with a curl or short out or whatever the defenders will likely pick that poorly thrown pass off or at the very least made it verrrry tough to catch.

Also, watch Schaub after the play. He had no problem getting on Dre after he cut off his route, but you think he wouldn't have said anything at all to Hopkins if he just screwed up a route that caused him to throw a pick 6. Schaub knew that was on him and you can see it all in his body language after the pick. 0 chance he does not look at Hopkins or goes to him and is like "what the hell are you doing?" Or "come on man, we can't have that"...
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #22
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember watching the replay of that play. I never seen two players so eager to jump a route than those two. They almost comically broke that int for themselves.

Even if nuk ran the flat it would have been impossible for him to fought off two defender for that ball. Then I got to hear that incompetence Solomon Wilcots tell the viewers that it was Hopkins fault for running the wrong route as if he has eyes and ears in the Texans huddled. Wilcots is a joke.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
The only INT I remember being in question with Schaub/Hopkins was assumed to be on Hopkins by just about everyone....Until Kubiak came out and said, No, it was on Schaub.

http://sheltonmedia.blogspot.com/201...edia-fail.html

I argued this at the time, but if you go back and look at that play there is no way that is on Hopkins. Two Titans are sitting on the route. even if Hopkins cuts off his route with a curl or short out or whatever the defenders will likely pick that poorly thrown pass off or at the very least made it verrrry tough to catch.

Also, watch Schaub after the play. He had no problem getting on Dre after he cut off his route, but you think he wouldn't have said anything at all to Hopkins if he just screwed up a route that caused him to throw a pick 6. Schaub knew that was on him and you can see it all in his body language after the pick. 0 chance he does not look at Hopkins or goes to him and is like "what the hell are you doing?" Or "come on man, we can't have that"...
I've talked about this play a few times before.
I read Kubiak's press conference.

Running the risk of sounding like an idiot, I still think that Kubiak was protecting Hopkins.

No DB was sitting on the route.
You can't be sitting on the route playing off.

There was no hot route to counter the blitz.
So, for me, when Schaub threw that out route, IMO, Hopkins was the hot.

Maybe there was no hot route.
Maybe Kubiak designbe a play to give a down away (I'm not surprised - I've seen a fews.)

As I've mentioned before, Schaub threw that ball when the CB was still 3-4-5 yards off Hopkins.

It is true that none of us know what it was supposed to be.
And this always remains the biggest mistery in life.

But nobody was ready to jump the route, because Hopkins didn't even run the route.
There was a definite miscommunication there for sure.
Schaub was throwing an out and Hopkins was running a go.

Again, I know I run a risk of sounding like an idiot here.
Never stop me from bringing up questions.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

XT and KW, when you guys said that the defenders were ready to jump the route, what does it mean to you?

The only conclusion I can come up with your preposition is that Hopkins was supposed to run an out.

Either that, or they knew that Hopkins was to run a go and Schaub was going to throw an out.

What makes sense?
Old 11-16-2014   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So we're halfway through his sophomore year. What do you guys think about him & what do you think about him compared to the other WRs in that draft.

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Corderelle Patterson
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
Aaron Dobson
Terrence Williams
Keenan Allen
Marquis Goodwin

If you could do it all over again & you were picking where we were picking, would you have still taken DeAndre Hopkins? & for the guys who wanted someone else... still want that someone else?
Old 11-16-2014   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So we're halfway through his sophomore year. What do you guys think about him & what do you think about him compared to the other WRs in that draft.

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Corderelle Patterson
Justin Hunter
Robert Woods
Aaron Dobson
Terrence Williams
Keenan Allen
Marquis Goodwin

If you could do it all over again & you were picking where we were picking, would you have still taken DeAndre Hopkins? & for the guys who wanted someone else... still want that someone else?
Hopkins is right where about I expect him to be; a very good #2, with a chance to be a #1.

I was fine with the spot he was drafted at, but I still would rather trade away the pick for the opportunity at Sammy Watkins, who, IMO, is a better prospect to be a legitimate #1 (and that's why he was drafted higher.)

For a #2, I had suggested that the Texans should check out Keenan Allen's injury in college.
He's a good buy in the third round. His production is showing it.

For this last year, I suggested Jordan Matthews as a #2, with the chance to become a #1.
At #42 overall, his rookie's production is looking pretty good so far (44 catches, 6 TDs).

At 6'3, he's more physical than Hopkins (even in college.)
Bigger hands (10-3/8 vs. 10)
Better speed (4.46 40s vs 4.57)
More explosive (1.55 in 10-yd split, 35.5 vert, and 10ft broad
Vs. 1.65, 36, and 9ft7)
Arm length is 1/8" shorter than Hopkins'.

Overall, his height, arm length, hand size, and vertical combined shows an advantage over Hopkins.

His 20 SS is at 4.18 vs 4.50 for Hopkins; that's a test to measure lateral movement, and .32 is a fairly sizable difference for the WR or DB positions.

Hopkins is a guy that looks to have "style" while Matthews is all substance (not quite a young AJ, but not too far behind, IMO).

http://www.rotopost.com/fantasy-foot...-big-hands.php

Early returns indicate that all 3 should have a good future; I just think that Matthews is a better value at #42, JMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read