Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2014   #61
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 53326 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Texans 53-man roster projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't think Dent makes the team. Swap Mike Mohamed for Dent and I think you've got it.

A surprise cut could be Keshawn Martin.
I'm calling Dent my surprise keeper. I mean, after Cushing, and even though I like Tarpinian, who else has any real meaningful NFL playing time on a yearly basis? Dent had what, 60+ tackles last year and perhaps a sack and some change? It's not like we can bank on Cush being healthy. He might be 100% the whole year, but if he isn't I want some vet experience at MLB.

I'm kinda not wanting to get rid of Quentin Groves, either. Do you think Pagan would be safe on the PS? Memories of Chris Jones dance through my head.
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #62
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

My take

(3) QB: Fitz, Keenum Savage
(3) RB: Foster, Grimes, Blue
(1) FB: Prosch
(4) TE: Graham, Fido, Griffin, Denham
(6) WR: Dre, Hop, Posey, Nwachuku, Mike Thomas, Labhart
(4) OT: Brown, Newton, Yeatman, Clabo,
(3) OG: Brooks, Jones, X
(2) C: Meyers, Farentz

(3) DE: Watt, Crick, Pagan,
(3) NT: Nix, Powe, R. Matthews
(4) OLB: Reed, Clowney, Mercilus, Sidbury
(4) ILB: Cush, Tuggle, Tarpinian, Bullough
(6) CB: Jo, Kjax, Bouye, Hal, Williams,Victorian
(4) S: Swag, Lewis, Clemons, Ballentine

K: Bullock
P: Lechler
LS: Weeks
Old 08-24-2014   #63
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
My take

(3) QB: Fitz, Keenum Savage
(4) TE: Graham, Fido, Griffin
(6) WR: Dre, Hop, Posey, Nwachuku, Mike Thomas, Labhart
(4) OT: Brown, Newton, Yeatman, Clabo,
(2) C: Meyers, Farentz

(3) DE: Watt, Crick, Pagan,
(4) OLB: Reed, Clowney, Mercilus, Sidbury
(6) CB: Jo, Kjax, Bouye, Hal, Williams,Victorian
(4) S: Swag, Lewis, Clemons, Ballentine

I see us keeping 4 TEs on the roster since O'brien seems to use a bunch of TE sets.
Old 08-24-2014   #64
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I took Denham off, but I thought I put him back on there. Let me fix it.
Old 08-24-2014   #65
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110369 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Martin is making the team IMO. I think mike Thomas gets cut.

The wr's I'd keep are Dre, hop, posey, martin, labhart, lemon

OB called Martin the most improved player. And he has played well the last two games.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #66
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110369 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

(2) QB: Fitz, Savage
(6) WR: Dre, Hop, Posey, Martin, Labhart, lemon
(4) OT: Brown, Newton, Clabo,yeat
(2) C: Meyers, Ferentz

(4) DE: Watt, Crick, Pagan, Jamison
(4) OLB: Reed, Clowney, groves, waiver wire
(6) CB: Jo, Kjax, Bouye, Hal, Mack, Victorian
(4) S: Swag, Lewis, Clemons, Pleasant

LS: Weeks[/quote]
Old 08-24-2014   #67
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Really, I'm having a hard time putting enough guys on the team. I think we will see a few wire pick ups.
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2014   #68
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
(2) QB: Fitz, Savage
(6) WR: Dre, Hop, Posey, Martin, Labhart, lemon
(4) OT: Brown, Newton, Clabo,yeat
(2) C: Meyers, Ferentz

(4) DE: Watt, Crick, Pagan, Jamison
(4) OLB: Reed, Clowney, groves, waiver wire
(6) CB: Jo, Kjax, Bouye, Hal, Mack, Victorian
(4) S: Swag, Lewis, Clemons, Pleasant

[/quote]

I really like Fido. Dude lokks like Gronk when he plays, plus i think he has an unseen speed.
Old 08-24-2014   #69
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 28666 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm seeing more than a few people projecting only three OG's on the final roster; and Ferentz making the squad.

Ferentz has been seeing a lot of playing time and has performed OK; but can only play this one position. Jones can play center and took a few snaps there last night. Ferentz is a good candidate for the practice squad.

This opens up a spot for another OG. Also, both Clabo and Yeatman have not shown much in camp. This would be an ideal position to improve from the waiver wire after final cuts.

On another note, it was was mentioned on the pre-game show that the Texans have first pick off the waiver wire only once. We then move to the bottom of the list. So we have to get this pick right.

After last nights performance, I'd be looking at the QB's, but I wouldn't reach. I think an OT or a defensive back would upgrade the team more, if the right player is available.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #70
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

On the chance of three quarterbacks making the cut
Quote:
“There’s a good chance that we would carry three. There’s a good chance for that.”
Old 08-24-2014   #71
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I'm calling Dent my surprise keeper. I mean, after Cushing, and even though I like Tarpinian, who else has any real meaningful NFL playing time on a yearly basis? Dent had what, 60+ tackles last year and perhaps a sack and some change? It's not like we can bank on Cush being healthy. He might be 100% the whole year, but if he isn't I want some vet experience at MLB.

I'm kinda not wanting to get rid of Quentin Groves, either. Do you think Pagan would be safe on the PS? Memories of Chris Jones dance through my head.
Groves is a tough cut, but I don't think he's making the team.

And I can't see us ditching Pagan just yet. Like you said, Chris Jones... part II if we do that. I think he's got a lot of upside. Another guy who's been looking pretty good is Warmsley. He's been getting a lot of time with the 2's.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #72
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I'm seeing more than a few people projecting only three OG's on the final roster; and Ferentz making the squad.

Ferentz has been seeing a lot of playing time and has performed OK; but can only play this one position. Jones can play center and took a few snaps there last night. Ferentz is a good candidate for the practice squad.

This opens up a spot for another OG. Also, both Clabo and Yeatman have not shown much in camp. This would be an ideal position to improve from the waiver wire after final cuts.

On another note, it was was mentioned on the pre-game show that the Texans have first pick off the waiver wire only once. We then move to the bottom of the list. So we have to get this pick right.

After last nights performance, I'd be looking at the QB's, but I wouldn't reach. I think an OT or a defensive back would upgrade the team more, if the right player is available.
I think he's performed better than ok. With Myers out Ferentz has been playing with the 1st team, against the other teams first team and he hasn't even been mentioned, which is what you want.. For an UDFA rookie I would say he's played pretty good so far.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #73
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I think he's performed better than ok. With Myers out Ferentz has been playing with the 1st team, against the other teams first team and he hasn't even been mentioned, which is what you want.. For an UDFA rookie I would say he's played pretty good so far.
i agree, i have seen no miss snaps from under center or from the shot gun with him. Plus he looks good i pass protection as well. I like the kid.
Old 08-24-2014   #74
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last night, Jones started off as the center with the ones and then he moved aside and Ferentz took over. I didn't notice at what point that happened, though.
Old 08-24-2014   #75
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last night, Jones started off as the center with the ones and then he moved aside and Ferentz took over. I didn't notice at what point that happened, though.
Really? I thought the starting O-line was Jones-Ferentz-Brooks..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #76
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Really? I thought the starting O-line was Jones-Ferentz-Brooks..
You are right.

I went back and checked and the starting interior was Jones-Ferentz-Brooks.

I thought I saw Jones playing there last night. Someone must have doctored the video since then...

Old 08-24-2014   #77
dsorc
Veteran

Rep Power: 7032 dsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are right.

I went back and checked and the starting interior was Jones-Ferentz-Brooks.

I thought I saw Jones playing there last night. Someone must have doctored the video since then...

After one or two drives, they switched to X-Jones-Brooks. Then I think Jones went off when Brown went off giving Newton-X-Ferentz-Brooks-Clabo.
dsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014   #78
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 53326 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post

The rationale is that you can always pull a guard from the PS if one of our guards goes out, but if Chris Meyers goes down, you don't want to pull Ben Jones from his guard position. You'd want to keep that solidarity there. I would say you'd want that extra center on roster and plug-n-play. I'm afraid that if Ferentz is on the PS someone is going to pick him up. We lucked into him. All of this is assuming that X is only playing bit rolls until he works his way in and/or that Brooks just isn't ready...because X isn't exactly ready, either.

What OG are you going to elevate the 53, then, who has looked good at all? I only see a pedestrian Alex Kupper.

But yeah, I would hope the waiver wire would net us an upgrade in tackle.

The way I see it, we have three position groups that are hurting the team: Offensive Line, Safeties and QBs. The rest of our roster is damn good, though...even great!
EVOLVIST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #79
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

New depth chart for Thursday...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv5tJhfIYAAhI6K.png
Old 08-25-2014   #80
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Su'a Filo's progress is concerning.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read