Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014   #121
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #Texans trade QB T.J. Yates to Falcons for LB Akeem Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My problem is if you disagree with how business is run on Kirby you're a hater. (Looking at you Marcus.) Meanwhile the Texans were 2-14 and has 1-1 in the draft AGAIN. I cant believe some posters were OK with status quo after last season, really since 2010.
Yep, and the haters are still right and the sheep are still sheep. Kool Aid drinking sheep.
Old 07-14-2014   #122
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
Some folks can handle the the truth and some folks can't. I've been saying 2013 was well on the way since 2010. 2014 will be more of the same. Go somewhere else if you need someone to blow Texans smoke up your hiney.
Old 07-14-2014   #123
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
The fact that I make you feel like a simpleton is your problem not mine.
Old 07-14-2014   #124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Some folks can handle the the truth and some folks can't. I've been saying 2013 was well on the way since 2010. 2014 will be more of the same. Go somewhere else if you need someone to blow Texans smoke up your hiney.
You're like a chick wanting to know if a skirt makes her ass look fat.

Sorry honey, it isn't your views (skirt) that make your ass look fat.
Old 07-14-2014   #125
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
MSR as well.
Old 07-14-2014   #126
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans peeked in 2011 and started the fall after losing to Baltimore . They lost Jacoby , Demeco , Winston , Briesel , Dreesen , Mario , and others . Kubiak and crew had run it's course by then and the were on the decline . That was obvious in 2010 but Bob is a patient man . We all know this . It was on this board , on the radio , newspaper , everywhere .

Round Dan
Old 07-14-2014   #127
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Bob is a patient man . We all know this .
Bob is Jerah Jones, just not as public. Ladies and Gentlemen, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/wp-conte...n-war-room.png
Old 07-14-2014   #128
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're like a chick wanting to know if a skirt makes her ass look fat.

Sorry honey, it isn't your views (skirt) that make your ass look fat.
Clearly this comment is a result of your minimum wage mentality. (you said I made you feel like a simpleton, only trying to explain why that might be.)
Old 07-14-2014   #129
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
MSR

Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
MSR as well.
Got him for you.
Old 07-14-2014   #130
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day. Most people knowledgeable about the NFL and the team in general could've "called" that...especially if said team didn't have a top 5 qb & was coming off an all-time worst defensive performance & a 6-10 record.

Doesn't make you any more in the know or right about what you said than someone who predicted we'd go to the playoffs the next 2 years after 2010.

The fact that you're trying to pat yourself on the back for what you "called" is that arrogant crap that I-cak was talking about.
Old 07-14-2014   #131
Texian
Hall of Fame

No doubt, Bob McNair is the absolute best owner in all of sports. McNair hiring Bill O'Brien, hired the best coach in the NFL, a real Vince Lombardi, O'Brien is. Not to mention that O'Brien is the #1 QB Guru in all of football. The Texans will now win 3 Super Bowls in the next 5 years. The Texans will be the best Dynasty ever to play in the NFL. Savage and Clowney are future HOF in waiting.

Better?
Old 07-14-2014   #132
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt, Bob McNair is the absolute best owner in all of sports. McNair hiring Bill O'Brien, hired the best coach in the NFL, a real Vince Lombardi, O'Brien is. Not to mention that O'Brien is the #1 QB Guru in all of football. The Texans will now win 3 Super Bowls in the next 5 years. The Texans will be the best Dynasty ever to play in the NFL. Savage and Clowney are future HOF in waiting.

Better?
i like your sarcastic positive outlook in which you don't mean even one part of.
Old 07-14-2014   #133
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day. Most people knowledgeable about the NFL and the team in general could've "called" that...especially if said team didn't have a top 5 qb & was coming off an all-time worst defensive performance & a 6-10 record.

Doesn't make you any more in the know or right about what you said than someone who predicted we'd go to the playoffs the next 2 years after 2010.

The fact that you're trying to pat yourself on the back for what you "called" is that arrogant crap that I-cak was talking about.
Then why were there 99 out of 100 telling me how wrong I was and I was nothing but a hater? a troll? No Sir, when I was explaining the evils of Salary Cap Hell and it's eventual results I was being told by most that the Texans would be Super Bowl Champions in 2012 and 2013.
Old 07-14-2014   #134
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

'cause you don't post like yourself when you're hungry.
Old 07-14-2014   #135
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why were there 99 out of 100 telling me how wrong I was and I was nothing but a hater? a troll? No Sir, when I was explaining the evils of Salary Cap Hell and it's eventual results I was being told by most that the Texans would be Super Bowl Champions in 2012 and 2013.
The pessimist is never disappointed .

Round Dan
Old 07-14-2014   #136
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
WOW! I agree with you. That's rare. Rep
Old 07-14-2014   #137
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We had the talent to win it all in 2011 and 2012. And what eventual result came from "cap hell" because honestly the cap has not hurt us to bad. All the players we let go were way over paid. Quin, Barwin got way more money than they should of and then they didnt do much with their new teams. Thats really the only loses we have had to note.
Old 07-14-2014   #138
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i like your sarcastic positive outlook in which you don't mean even one part of.
It's my Barack Obama version of fundamentally transforming and the remaking of the Houston Texans. I Hope you like the Change.
Old 07-14-2014   #139
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The pessimist is never disappointed .
No, it was simple arithmetic. When you spend more than you're allowed in a given year, and do it year after year, and your competition doesn't, you can't remain competitive. It's really is that simple. Except the sheep didn't want to hear or acknowledge the truth. Sheep don't do that! We're haters they say! Then the sheep resort name calling and hurling insults.
Old 07-14-2014   #140
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
No, it was simple arithmetic. When you spend more than you're allowed in a given year, and do it year after year, and your competition doesn't, you can't remain competitive. It's really is that simple. Except the sheep didn't want to hear or acknowledge the truth. Sheep don't do that! We're haters they say!
No ... once again we all knew they were in deep poo but what are we gonna do except hope for the best . We knew they screwed the cap pooch and they were going to lose players . They hit the daily double when they missed badly on the backups evaluations .

Nobody wants to hear your teams deficiencies in July because every bodies team is going to the Superbowl in July .

Round Dan
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read