Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2014   #101
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #Texans trade QB T.J. Yates to Falcons for LB Akeem Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
I've always said alcohol, but maybe that's the Indian in me.
No offense but I don't think you guys had alcohol until we shared. Of course we only did that because we were such nice guys. That and we sort of hoped you guys might pick up the tab...
Old 07-13-2014   #102
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 4298 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
No offense but I don't think you guys had alcohol until we shared. Of course we only did that because we were such nice guys. That and we sort of hoped you guys might pick up the tab...
Irish and Indian here. I'm positive I will not rule the world. But lets skip out on the tab. Just tell them I'm Indian they'll get it.
Old 07-13-2014   #103
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
Irish and Indian here. I'm positive I will not rule the world. But lets skip out on the tab. Just tell them I'm Indian they'll get it.
Hilarious, we were doomed from birth. I like Bourbon actually but have not drank in years. Guy I played Volleyball with told me yesterday he is Indian and has to stick to beers.
Old 07-13-2014   #104
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 4298 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hilarious, we were doomed from birth. I like Bourbon actually but have not drank in years. Guy I played Volleyball with told me yesterday he is Indian and has to stick to beers.
I'm a bourbon guy myself. As I'm getting older though I try to save it for special occasions, like when I have a day or two to recover.
Old 07-14-2014   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
This board is mostly a bunch of inside the box group thinking kool aid drinkers who become highly agitated with any comments that doesn't agree with the consensus group think and/or any comments that can be construed as any disagreement with the folks working over on Kirby Dr.
Or we just don't agree with you.
Old 07-14-2014   #106
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's still pouting about the Bortles thing huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-14-2014   #107
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a damn shame everyone has all these contrary views of things, when all yall have to do is read my posts. I am full of correctness and the proper point of view at all times.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014   #108
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
He's still pouting about the Bortles thing huh?
Dear Casey, I have a request and dedication. You are my favorite old skool dj. I used to listen to you on the radio, and I would be under the covers in bed, supposed to be fast asleep, but I’d rather listen to you gleam about Blake Bortles .
You have inspired me to become the man I am today, a man who gets to bring laughter and joy to thousands of Texans fans across the land. Casey can you play a song about the pain in my heart when the Texans drafted Clowney instead of Bortles .

Thanks & BB Forever
Texian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG07WSu7Q9w&feature=kp

Round Dan
Old 07-14-2014   #109
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59043 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's fine! I don't have any problem with that as the people who do and set in their ways.
However when you say the Texans don't have a salary cap problem I will do my best to explain to you why they do. BTW the Texans trip to Salary Cap Hell all started with Bob McNair when he said, "we have the money and we're going to spend it!"
Old 07-14-2014   #110
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Dear Casey, I have a request and dedication. You are my favorite old skool dj. I used to listen to you on the radio, and I would be under the covers in bed, supposed to be fast asleep, but I’d rather listen to you gleam about Blake Bortles .
You have inspired me to become the man I am today, a man who gets to bring laughter and joy to thousands of Texans fans across the land. Casey can you play a song about the pain in my heart when the Texans drafted Clowney instead of Bortles .

Thanks & BB Forever
Texian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG07WSu7Q9w&feature=kp
Lol. MSR
Old 07-14-2014   #111
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59043 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always try to take into account that posters here could be 12-15 years old. If I didn't know better I would assume that would apply to you by the content of posts. Dadgum man, you're 51 years old and your comments are some of the most childish messages on this message board. Did you lie about your age? Do you've some degree of autism or learning disability we need to know about? If you're 12 or 15, it's OK, that's what 12 to 15 years olds do. However if you really are 51, c'mom man, upgrade your conversation to the adult level. Then again maybe you're a troll and just can't help yourself.
Old 07-14-2014   #112
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I always try to take into account that posters here could be 12-15 years old. If I didn't know better I would assume that would apply to you by the content of posts. Dadgum man, you're 51 years old and your comments are some of the most childish messages on this message board. Did you lie about your age? Do you've some degree of autism or learning disability we need to know about? If you're 12 or 15, it's OK, that's what 12 to 15 years olds do. However if you really are 51, c'mom man, upgrade your conversation to the adult level. Then again maybe you're a troll and just can't help yourself.
Why ... this is a football message board . If you want to get all serious and stuff go to Al Jazeera . l find it amusing when folks come on said message board to push an agenda . We don't care . This board is something to fill a void between football related events and get info on player health and such .

We talk football in a light hearted manner because at the end of the day , with the Texans , we know what we have . We dont need you and the rat being captain obvious and his sidekick plain asday .

so with that , party on Garth .

Round Dan
Old 07-14-2014   #113
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only downside I've found to putting people you don't want to read on ignore is that the worst of them are constantly getting quoted by other posters. They're just good at trolling people which is probably why you put them on ignore in the first place.

So far I haven't found any way around that.

Having said that I wouldn't even know Texian or Lord Bills existed if you people would quite gobbling up the bait.

Old 07-14-2014   #114
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why ... this is a football message board . If you want to get all serious and stuff go to Al Jazeera . l find it amusing when folks come on said message board to push an agenda . We don't care . This board is something to fill a void between football related events and get info on player health and such .

We talk football in a light hearted manner because at the end of the day , with the Texans , we know what we have . We dont need you and the rat being captain obvious and his sidekick plain asday .

so with that , party on Garth .
and a place where a 51 year old can come act act like a 12 year old....
Old 07-14-2014   #115
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
and a place where a 51 year old can come act act like a 12 year old....
Exactly .

Round Dan
Old 07-14-2014   #116
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This board is mostly a bunch of inside the box group thinking kool aid drinkers who become highly agitated with any comments that doesn't agree with the consensus group think and/or any comments that can be construed as any disagreement with the folks working over on Kirby Dr.
My problem is if you disagree with how business is run on Kirby you're a hater. (Looking at you Marcus.) Meanwhile the Texans were 2-14 and has 1-1 in the draft AGAIN. I cant believe some posters were OK with status quo after last season, really since 2010.
Old 07-14-2014   #117
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna side with Herv on this one. Quit biting, y'all.

Old 07-14-2014   #118
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My problem is if you disagree with how business is run on Kirby you're a hater. (Looking at you Marcus.) Meanwhile the Texans were 2-14 and has 1-1 in the draft AGAIN. I cant believe some posters were OK with status quo after last season, really since 2010.
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
Old 07-14-2014   #119
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
MSR

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-14-2014   #120
badboy
Site Contributor

How about those Astros?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read