Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014   #241
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #Texans trade QB T.J. Yates to Falcons for LB Akeem Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Nope, what I said is the herd (group think) is often wrong. Where I was right was my last sentence in my last response to you. Let me explain it another way that you might understand;

This message board for the most part is a love fest for the Houston Texans. If you come here and don't want to play by those rules and want to discuss their warts and short comings, then you are going to be on the outside looking in. It won't be tolerated! Expect to be treated like a leper. Expect the objective sports announcer syndrome. I understand that!
i dont even know how to respond to such an asinine statement. congrats on being the 3rd ignore since 2002. my apologies for quoting, hopefully yall got a good view of 'wtf'.
Old 07-15-2014   #242
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Noticing a trend?
Absolutely, all are responses to the snarky. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I did notice you presented those out of context to try and make a point without telling the whole truth.
Old 07-15-2014   #243
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish to apologize in advance as well as ask forgiveness for getting OFF TOPIC, but has Akeem Dent passed his physical yet? Is he a full fledged team member?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 07-15-2014   #244
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i dont even know how to respond to such an asinine statement. congrats on being the 3rd ignore since 2002. my apologies for quoting, hopefully yall got a good view of 'wtf'.
Then don't respond and Congrats on finding the IGNORE button. I do hope you use it. No cheating now.....
Old 07-15-2014   #245
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I wish to apologize in advance as well as ask forgiveness for getting OFF TOPIC, but has Akeem Dent passed his physical yet? Is he a full fledged team member?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast...
lol apologies for contributing to the decay. i havent heard anything otherwise, and doc hasnt shown up, so i assume he's clear. the trade's finalized so he's a texan.
Old 07-15-2014   #246
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Just ignore the condescension, y'all.
Thorn: I can't ignore it.
htown: Why not?
Thorn: Because I'm right. Always. I'm never wrong.
htown: That's not possible.
Thorn: It is possible. I am incredibly smart and good looking.
htown: We see no evidence of that in what you post here
Thorn: It's because I'm so smart, you can't understand how smart I am.
htown: Well, there's another one for my ignore list
Thorn: I'm not from this planet, you can't ignore me.
htown:
Thorn:

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 07-15-2014   #247
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Noticing a trend? The amount of condecension displayed in here has made most (if not all) discard any potential "pearls of wisdom" you hope to impart.

THAT attitude is what gets you "treated like a leper", not any mythical "love fest" that you alone perceive.

"Salary Cap Hell" and Texans success isn't as fully intertwined as you would have folks believe. Injuries and hubris in the Texans F.O. are just as responsible, without bringing financials into the discussion.
No doubt.

I think just about everyone understands our position going into this season.

No QB, maybe no #1 WR, new coaches, lack of depth at LB, new systems in all phases......

We are aware of the front office decisions but not the information used to make those decisions.

I'm not happy with the way this team has been built since its inception.

Is it McNairs fault? Smiths? Kubiak?

It doesn't matter, I can't make a single decision for these guys, and I'm not going to waste my time second guessing them.

I'm going to hope for the best and cheer on my Texans no matter what!
Old 07-15-2014   #248
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thorn: I can't ignore it.
htown: Why not?
Thorn: Because I'm right. Always. I'm never wrong.
htown: That's not possible.
Thorn: It is possible. I am incredibly smart and good looking.
htown: We see no evidence of that in what you post here
Thorn: It's because I'm so smart, you can't understand how smart I am.
htown: Well, there's another one for my ignore list
Thorn: I'm not from this planet, you can't ignore me.
htown:
Thorn:
Don't forget "long flowing locks"!
Old 07-15-2014   #249
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
No doubt.

I think just about everyone understands our position going into this season.

No QB, maybe no #1 WR, new coaches, lack of depth at LB, new systems in all phases......

We are aware of the front office decisions but not the information used to make those decisions.

I'm not happy with the way this team has been built since its inception.

Is it McNairs fault? Smiths? Kubiak?

It doesn't matter, I can't make a single decision for these guys, and I'm not going to waste my time second guessing them.

I'm going to hope for the best and cheer on my Texans no matter what!
Right on, MSR.

I think a majority have voiced their displeasure with the franchise. The majority also understands when it's time to move on to the next season and hope for the best. I'm not expecting a great year this season, but there's always that glimmer of hope that'll keep me glued to the TV, articles, TC videos, etc. Heck, if you don't feel that 'glimmer of hope', why watch/follow the team?

Eh, I reckon some just like beating the horse senseless. We've heard your POV. Move on
Old 07-15-2014   #250
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Right on, MSR.
I got him for ya.

I to will support my Texans as well. And I will either love or hate them for what they did on their previous play, but I always return for more.

We're not Cleveland you know. LOL

Edit: I can't rep him either. Oops.

Old 07-15-2014   #251
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got him for ya.

I to will support my Texans as well. And I will either love or hate them for what they did on their previous play, but I always return for more.

So you're a liar? Liar, liar, pants on fire hangin on a telephone wire....
Old 07-15-2014   #252
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
I got him for ya.

I got him for y'all. Rep via proxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 07-15-2014   #253
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you pick out who is who in this video ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmnzIhbX2bg

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 07-15-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2014   #254
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Can I have fries with that?

Old 07-15-2014   #255
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Can I have fries with that?
And steak sauce
Old 07-15-2014   #256
Texian
Hall of Fame

A few folks getting mad, angry, irate, not my intent. So I'll take my leave and read y'all on the draft board in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-15-2014   #257
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely, all are responses to the snarky. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I did notice you presented those out of context to try and make a point without telling the whole truth.
Context indeed.

Look what starts a downward spiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit
Na i wouldn't say that it is more about people respecting your views even though they don't agree with you and vice verse. It is really about how you present yourself, this board gives back what you put into it.
Hmm no snark there. Mind you, he was responding to Lord Bills.

Yet...
Quote:
This board is mostly a bunch of inside the box group thinking kool aid drinkers who become highly agitated with any comments that doesn't agree with the consensus group think and/or any comments that can be construed as any disagreement with the folks working over on Kirby Dr.
So, as your first post in the entire thread, you attack the entire board and expect no response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
My problem is people portraying themselves as martyrs. There are folks here with every opinion around (exactly the opposite of what Texian alleged). Many of the issues discussed are very two sided and those on one side get labeled haters and those on the other get labeled homers. Fact is all opinions are represented and people should spend less time labeling. Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
Quote:
Some folks can handle the the truth and some folks can't. I've been saying 2013 was well on the way since 2010. 2014 will be more of the same. Go somewhere else if you need someone to blow Texans smoke up your hiney.
Hmm snarky response to an YOUR labeling of the entire board?

Quote:
Texian's "I'm above all y'all simpletons" shtick is just tired, inaccurate and pathetically self-serving.
Quote:
The fact that I make you feel like a simpleton is your problem not mine.
Hmm 2-for-1 snarking on same post by Cak. Yep, that's right..TWO separate posts to respond to his ONE. Not exactly tit-for-tat is it? But, you wouldn't engage in snark for snark
s sake would you? Nah...

Quote:
You're like a chick wanting to know if a skirt makes her ass look fat.

Sorry honey, it isn't your views (skirt) that make your ass look fat.
Quote:
Clearly this comment is a result of your minimum wage mentality. (you said I made you feel like a simpleton, only trying to explain why that might be.)
More snark and attack.

At least a half-dozen of us have tried patiently pointing out to you that your methods are counter-productive to your purported goal. It's not that you don't understand that (your claims of "whole truth" aside), it's that you simply don't seem to care.
Old 07-15-2014   #258
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Context indeed.

Look what starts a downward spiral.

Hmm no snark there. Mind you, he was responding to Lord Bills.

Yet...
So, as your first post in the entire thread, you attack the entire board and expect no response?

Hmm snarky response to an YOUR labeling of the entire board?

Hmm 2-for-1 snarking on same post by Cak. Yep, that's right..TWO separate posts to respond to his ONE. Not exactly tit-for-tat is it? But, you wouldn't engage in snark for snark
s sake would you? Nah...

More snark and attack.

At least a half-dozen of us have tried patiently pointing out to you that your methods are counter-productive to your purported goal. It's not that you don't understand that (your claims of "whole truth" aside), it's that you simply don't seem to care.
Damn was i responsible for throwing yet another thread off topic ? My bad.
Old 07-15-2014   #259
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Plus the division got much easier with the absence of Peyton Manning and Jeff Fisher.
It appears to me that AJ/Foster will most likely be cut next offseason. If this happens what kind of cap shape will the Texans be in knowing that they will have to re-sign Watt before the 2015 season begins?
Old 07-15-2014   #260
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That's what im saying...I don't think that 2011 was better than 2012's version, i just think that for once, the Texans had a favorable situation with the last place schedule, the division being weaker with the incumbent division winner being in transition and finally having an acceptable talent level to seriously compete. Over half the teams' wins that year came from beating teams in the cellar and we lost 2 of our last 3 games to 2 of those teams.
They also had that easy schedule in 2009's 9-7 season and were trumpeting themselves for finally having a winning record and as a playoff contender in 2010. That's when I knew Kubiak wasn't the guy. His level to building a winner became evident to me when he missed the 2010 combine to have an elective surgery. Then as expected the 2010 season happened. At the time everybody said that missing the combine was no big deal. Sometimes little things add up to a big deal.

I kept saying there was a lack of commitment to winning back then.

Not firing Rick Smith also makes me question the Texans upper management to winning today the same as back then. Hopefully BOB can overcome Texans upper management. The draft was a great start. But only time will tell.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read