Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014   #201
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #Texans trade QB T.J. Yates to Falcons for LB Akeem Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What ?
que ?

Round Dan
Old 07-15-2014   #202
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
que ?
que paso!!!

sorry, my niece's favorite joke.
Old 07-15-2014   #203
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with being a Kool-aid drinker; I don't see anything wrong with trying to look on the bright side of things; I don't see anything wrong with hoping for the best.

I'll be drinking the kool-aid and hoping for the best because that's what I do. And I don't see a damned thing wrong with that.
Congratulations! Kudos to you, one of the few not afraid to stand up for what they believe. As a young lad I was Kool Aid drinker also. After one to many disappointments the Kool Aid lost it's endure and promises. As I got older I realized that people like Bob McNair and Jerry Jones make as many mistakes as you and me, sometimes they make more.

With Respect.
Old 07-15-2014   #204
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian is really Cal McNair undercover

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 07-15-2014   #205
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Texian is really Cal McNair undercover
Trying to undermine his dad so mom will put him in charge ?

Here's a song for koolaid Cal since that seems to be his favorite thing .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-oC5eq7Ps

Round Dan
Old 07-15-2014   #206
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trying to undermine his dad so mom will put him in charge ?

Here's a song for koolaid Cal since that seems to be his favorite thing .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd-oC5eq7Ps
According to DB who knows you up close and personal, you're a sarcastic smart ass, so you got that going for you....carry on
Old 07-15-2014   #207
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't feed the
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2014   #208
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i find the 'sit down you're drunk' analogy to be absolutely correct in this case. if all disagreeing parties agree about you, there might be something to it.

texian you have actually made some good and valid points here. your dickish holier than thou attitude, inability to take criticism and disagreements, inability to see when you're wrong, and persistent trolling has done you no favors. nobody cares if you make a good point. if you're an a-hole it doesn't matter if you're dropping golden eggs - it's still shite.
Conventional Wisdom is the herd is usually wrong. In this case, IF the herd was right a majority of the time and I was wrong your comments may have some validity. However that is not the case. The accusations and comments you make are all true. As long as I or anyone else for that matter comes here and writes anything negative about the beloved Texans, this will always be the case. It's much like the hated objective sportscaster who points out the weakness, flaws and negatives of home team. They quickly become the most hated person on the air. Such is the case here. Call me Howard Cosell. I'm not here to make you feel all warm and fuzzy about the Houston Texans. The bottom line here is this, the reason I have dickish holier than thou attitude, inability to take criticism and disagreements, inability to see when I'm wrong, is simply because my comments, DON'T AGREE WITH YOURS!

Last edited by Texian; 07-15-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2014   #209
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
According to DB who knows you up close and personal, you're a sarcastic smart ass, so you got that going for you....carry on
Are you Cal ?

Can I have a job on Sundays ?

Ok ... you are the smartest guy on the board and you're not a follower . I wanna be like you .

Round Dan
Old 07-15-2014   #210
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I've been saying 2013 was well on the way since 2010.
& if we wait long enough, the Myans will be proven right as well.
Old 07-15-2014   #211
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why were there 99 out of 100 telling me how wrong I was and I was nothing but a hater? a troll? No Sir, when I was explaining the evils of Salary Cap Hell and it's eventual results I was being told by most that the Texans would be Super Bowl Champions in 2012 and 2013.
Because you're still wrong about that.

The problem was injuries. Had Foster, Demeco, Schaub, Andre, Mario, Briesel, OD, & a bunch of others not suffered serious injuries, we very well could have been in a Super Bowl by now. Salary cap hell or not.
Old 07-15-2014   #212
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& if we wait long enough, the Myans will be proven right as well.
Here s something a little more short term for you; the Texans will be a Top 10 pick in 2015 AND if they don't do more this year to clean up the 2015 and 2016 salary caps they will be picking in the Top 10 in 2016 too.
Old 07-15-2014   #213
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
No, it was simple arithmetic. When you spend more than you're allowed in a given year, and do it year after year, and your competition doesn't, you can't remain competitive. It's really is that simple. Except the sheep didn't want to hear or acknowledge the truth. Sheep don't do that! We're haters they say! Then the sheep resort name calling and hurling insults.
You fail to acknowledge the value of the player signed & tend to over-value the player in FA.

Our cap was tight, because in three years time, we had a league leading passer, receiver, & rusher, Two of the best DEs in the league, two of the best LBs in the league, one of the best corners, the best LT bar none.... & a top 10 QB.

& all but one of those DEs were getting paid.
Old 07-15-2014   #214
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Our cap was tight, because in three years time, we had a league leading passer, receiver, & rusher, Two of the best DEs in the league, two of the best LBs in the league, one of the best corners, the best LT bar none.... & a top 10 QB.

Three years in a row the Texans did not have enough salary cap $$$ to field and pay a full 53 man roster.
Old 07-15-2014   #215
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because I did the exercise, objectively. (2012 sans Winston, Ryans, Brisel, Vickers, Jones)
Your problem is you only look at it from 1 black and white point of view & ignore everything else....even when everything is facts staring you right in the face. The issues we discuss in here are not nearly as simple as you try to portray them to be.

You did the same thing in the Bortles thread....swore up and down the Texans were in love with Bortles and he was going to be the pick b/c of this & that's it; nothing else matters...not even the genetic freak pass rusher who was thought to be the consensus #1 pick by most going into the 2013 college football season and the NFL offseason. Then when they picked Clowney your ego couldn't handle it so instead of owning your fallacious prediction you started copping pleas and blasting the front office saying they were "afraid" to pass on Clowney......Completely ignoring the fact that he was a very real option to picked @ #1 all along acting like he came out of left field.

Now I don't have a problem with anything you've been saying....at least in this thread...In fact, i sort of agree with you and acknowledge that them dumping salary did help them turn it around faster.

But to act like it was the biggest reason?...well that's a dishonest argument. They did a whole host of other things to accentuate the advantage of having tons of cap space................starting with Andrew Luck falling in their lap...They then had what looks to be a helluva draft.

If 1 of the 2 above variables does not happen the whole plan is derailed & they likely are looking at a 4-6 win season in Luck's rookie year and probably and 8-10 win season last year... like the Jags...who didn't get an Andrew Luck...they got a Blaine Gabbert who set them back. regardless, the 40-60 million dollars each team cleared in cap space wasn't really a factor as far as how those guys played on the field to elevate/submarine their teams.

Lastly, you can look around the league and find at least 2 other teams with all kinds of cap space and see that they still stink and have been for a few years. It's not that i don't have time to do your exercise...it's just i don't need to b/c its silly.

& just b/c i don't wholeheartedly agree with your argument about the Colts quick turnaround does not mean that i'm a kool-aid drinker and i think everything the texans do is all positive. I just look at and acknowledge all the variables; unlike you.

Last edited by Mr teX; 07-15-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-15-2014   #216
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
You fail to acknowledge the value of the player signed & tend to over-value the player in FA.

The 2011 team was the best . Who knows what happens if Schaub didn't get hurt . That offseason is when they lost a lot of depth because they had to pay the skilled guys . Those skilled guys and young stars couldn't stay on the field and the high dollar QB was maxed out on potential and you could say he was regressing do to the foot .

Round Dan
Old 07-15-2014   #217
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Three years in a row the Texans did not have enough salary cap $$$ to field and pay a full 53 man roster.
You know what that means right ? That we had to many good players on the roster, because lets be honest. Good players cost lots of money right ?
Old 07-15-2014   #218
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 2011 team was the best . Who knows what happens if Schaub didn't get hurt . That offseason is when they lost a lot of depth because they had to pay the skilled guys . Those skilled guys and young stars couldn't stay on the field and the high dollar QB was maxed out on potential and you could say he was regressing do to the foot .
They had the best chance to make it to a SB but they weren't better...People forget that the 2011 schedule was easy as hell and we only went 10-6. Our 2012 schedule was extremely tough and we posted a better record and won lots of close games that year before we were exposed by GB/NE.

Both teams would've had to go thru NE and beat them at home to have advanced. The only difference is that the 2011 team would've met up with them in the AFC championship game if they somehow beat Baltimore. the 2012 team had to play them 1 game sooner in the AFC divisional round.

In any event i don't see the 2011 team with or without Schaub beating NE in foxboro b/c it was our 1st foray in the playoffs and NE has this guy under center named Tom Brady...yeah he's pretty good.
Old 07-15-2014   #219
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
They had the best chance to make it to a SB but they weren't better...People forget that the 2011 schedule was easy as hell and we only went 10-6. Our 2012 schedule was extremely tough and we posted a better record and won lots of close games that year before we were exposed by GB/NE.

Both teams would've had to go thru NE and beat them at home to have advanced. The only difference is that the 2011 team would've met up with them in the AFC championship game if they somehow beat Baltimore. the 2012 team had to play them 1 game sooner in the AFC divisional round.

In any event i don't see the 2011 team with or without Schaub beating NE in foxboro.
We were only 10-6 because the loss of Schaub. I truly believe with they way he was playing at the time and the talent we had, that was the best team we had and the best chance we had at a Superbowl.
Old 07-15-2014   #220
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

In any event i don't see the 2011 team with or without Schaub beating NE in foxboro b/c it was our 1st foray in the playoffs and NE has this guy under center named Tom Brady...yeah he's pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We were only 10-6 because the loss of Schaub. I truly believe with they way he was playing at the time and the talent we had, that was the best team we had and the best chance we had at a Superbowl.
The locker room changed in 2012 . They didn't have the same grit that allowed TJ YATES to win a playoff game . That 2012 team couldn't win a game to clinch home field advantage .

Round Dan
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read