Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2014   #61
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Twitterr saying Texans release Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
So it's speculation on your part. Thanks for the info.

ps There's nothing wrong with speculation and conjecture as long as you remember they aren't facts.
Never proclaimed them to be anything more than what they are buddy....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Twitter saying Texans release Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
What's the popular saying "the most popular player on the team is always the back up qb.." Multiply that by 2 when said qb is from home city/state.

What we do know is McNair put the call in for him during the season at some point....As I've stated before, In all my years of watching this game on this level, 've never seen a coach skip over his perfectly healthy 2nd string qb to go to his 3rd unless he was forced to do so. Especially if his 2nd stringer has won games for him in the past, & is healthy.

McNair probably tried to let Kubiak make that decision on his own, but Gary couldn't...that combined with the team dropping 14 straight games combined with the fact Gary kept inserting Schaub in over Keenum ultimately got that dude fired.
We agree that it's all under the bridge now.
But Yates did have his chance when he replaced Schaub in the Rams game.
Yates, himself, admitted that he screwed up his chance.
When Keenum got hurt during the second Colts game, the Texans decided to go back to Schaub for the last two games.
Personally, I wanted to see Yates.
For me, even thought at that moment, Keenum already surpassed Yates, neither had convinced me totally.
McNair could have asked O'Brien not to draft a QB (unless there's one early), but the fact that O'Brien took Savage in the fourth, to me, indicates that Yates wasn't in OB's plan either.
But he wanted to have a chance to observe first hand how Yates operates.
If McNair wants it, the Texans would have cut Yates right after the draft.

Obviously, each of us has the free will to think which QB is a better prospect, and I respect the opinrosterf others.

I just think that there are very little evidence that McNair has been protective of Keenum.
If he was, I don't see the Texans even draft Savage.
I won't rule everything out completely though.

Keenum isn't certain to make the roster, but I think he has a chance.

Personally, I wouldn't have signed Fitz.
I would take that $4M and get the team a legit RT so Newton can be the swing man.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #63
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Difference was/is that VY and Manziel were considered to be first round picks and in contention for top 10 selection whereas Keenum was not, and in both cases the Texans were under fan pressure (regardless of whether the Texans felt it or not, the fanbase WAS pressuring the organization) because they had the #1 pick. Scenarios were vastly different between the UT/A&M superstars and the UH hometown hero.
I guess I'm missing your point. Are you saying because Case went undrafted he is not allowed to have fans and if he does, they are "fan boys"? I think the entire CK "fan boy" thing is completely contrived. Maybe it makes true fan boys of VY (and to a much lesser extant JFF) feel better about themselves to invent such a thing. I'd be pretty embarrassed too if I acted like that.

Last edited by Vinnie; 06-18-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: aloud lol
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #64
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

PDS ‏@PatDStat 3m
Quote:
According to @ProFootballTalk the #Texans have traded T.J. Yates to the Atlanta Falcons for LB Akeem Dent.

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #65
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I know NCTexan will lambast me - hell, maybe everybody else will, too - nevertheless, am I the only one that thinks Yates simply might not be that smart of a person to play as an NFL QB? I'm not talking VY dumb, but there's always been something about Yates on and off the field that just didn't add up to him processing information. It's as if Keenum thought too much, and Yates with his slow release (despite his NFL caliber velocity - 62mph?) took longer to process the same information. This is the same thing I believe that riddled him in college.

The success that Yates had, I believe, came from an ignorance-is-bliss scenario, until he simply could not keep up... and by "keeping up," I'm saying that he had been engrained so much in one system (in college and the pros) that OB's system was just too much for him, coupled with his mental deficits.

Contrast that to Mr. Harvard and Mr. UH and you have guys that tend to do better in quicker situations (in theory)... and then you have Mr. Cage, as a rookie, so what are you going to do? Release Mr. Playoff is the obvious answer, obviously.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #66
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Never proclaimed them to be anything more than what they are buddy....
My apologies if I failed to perceive it as it was intended. That happens more frequently these days.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #67
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, looks like we got a LB for Yates. I'm cool w that. Kubes QBs will all soon be a distant memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2014   #68
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I know NCTexan will lambast me - hell, maybe everybody else will, too - nevertheless, am I the only one that thinks Yates simply might not be that smart of a person to play as an NFL QB? I'm not talking VY dumb, but there's always been something about Yates on and off the field that just didn't add up to him processing information.
Nope! No lambasting here.

To be honest I was happy when we took Yates, but I didn't expect much from him out of college. Most of my expectations for him actually came after he had played in the NFL and I thought he might have the chance to be a better NFL QB than college QB.

When he did not seem to improve from season to season my hope was pretty homerish and partially just counter to the Keenum-love that was/is so prevalent.

I think if I were to look at it honestly, I'm not sure I would disagree with the statement that the game never "slowed down" for Yates as much as it seems to for successful players.

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #69
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons
Quote:
#Falcons waive quarterback Dominique Davis. T.J. Yates ascends to No. 2 spot. | Atlanta #Falcons blog http://shar.es/MnUf7 via @sharethis
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons
Good news for TJ, I'm happy for him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ditto.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #72
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Yeah, the guy deserves a fresh start. He kinda got lost in the shuffle and ignored amid last years madness.

I don't think he's a spectacular QB, but, I have no ill will towards the guy. Seems like a cool dude.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #73
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: UPDATE: Texans Trade Yates to Falcons

Quote:
i told you guys nobody named TJ would ever be a great quarterback.

if you cant use your first name, there's no point in using you.

how many great QBs when with two letters for their first name?
dadburn parents screwed him up.
Old 06-19-2014   #74
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i told you guys nobody named TJ would ever be a great quarterback.

if you cant use your first name, there's no point in using you.

how many great QBs with two letters for their first name?
Y.A. Tittle. 7x Pro Bowl, 4 x All-Pro, 4 NFL MVP award. Played 16 years. Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 1971. Jersey retired by the New York Giants.

That's enough.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Y.A. Tittle. 7x Pro Bowl, 4 x All-Pro, 4 NFL MVP award. Played 16 years. Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 1971. Jersey retired by the New York Giants.

That's enough.
QFT

You historian, there will be none of this on this MB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #76
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's enough.
YAH tittie good!
Old 06-20-2014   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's enough.
Game. Set. Match.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #78
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's enough.
There goes that smarter than everyone else theory he had.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #79
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
There goes that smarter than everyone else theory he had.
That theory was dashed on the rocks of despair fairly quickly.
Old 06-20-2014   #80
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YA Tittle???

you had to go back to the 40s and 50s to get your answer?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooool

Definitely the rule.

not the exception.

Yeah, but he has a full head of hair from the top of his head to the bottom of his neck!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read