Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-22-2014   #161
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill names QB Fitzpatrick starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
WOW! Have you ever played organized, competitive team sports? Tanking... really? What you are suggesting would set the organization back 10 years... to embrace a culture of losing and tell your roster that you don't believe in them. ... and for what? To end up with the 1st pick again and hope that a once in the lifetime QB is sitting there for them.

Perhaps you should stick to watching Professional Wrestling and the NBA.
Does Madden count after a day of Dragon Ball Z ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #162
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
lots of words
Okay, who was a better free agent QB on the market at a decent price and with his experience? Name a few.

Also, we threw Keenum into the fire last year, and we saw how that turned out. You don't just throw rookie QBs into the fray like that unless they are round 1 pick 1 can't miss amazing prospects.
Old 06-22-2014   #163
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and fans hearing about the team saying they are "Tanking" but still paying full price for an NFL ticket would not go over well..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #164
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lmfaaaooo at setting back 10 years.

talk about hyperbole.

that has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. EVER.

did it set the colts back?

no, they got a franchise quarterback out of it.

did it set the lions back ten years going 0-16?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at ten years.

because the nfl is never known for quick turn arounds.

stop it.

just stop it.

you need to familiarize yourself with the concept of tanking. its not ordering your players and coaches to lose games on purpose.

i follow sports. including the nfl.

Do you?
He asked if you played anything besides PE . The Colts had Andrew Luck fall in their lap after having Manning both no brainers . Stafford hasn't exactly caught the league on fire in Detroit .

Round Dan
Old 06-22-2014   #165
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing Fitzy is tanking, that guy is horrible!! Then a rookie gets his shot? I like that! Icing is Keenum comes in and, well does his keenum thing, exciting plays that equal losses.

March For Mariota 2015!
Old 06-22-2014   #166
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
tanking has always been part of sports.

again,

tanking does not equal ordering your players and coaches to lose games on purpose.

if mariota is the real deal or if there is some other qbs that OB and company like in this upcoming draft, then you "indirectly set up" your season to be able to draft said qb.

and lol at "have you played sports" question as if i say yes or no has any bearing with my post or anybody's post in here.

more like i cant argue with the subject topic so lets try to discredit his posts by asking silly questions like "have you played anything other than PE" retort.
So I'll put that down as a no .

Round Dan
Old 06-22-2014   #167
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So I'll put that down as a no .
What sport do trolls play?
Old 06-22-2014   #168
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
What sport do trolls play?

Round Dan
Old 06-22-2014   #169
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A brand new regime and I'm sure that from the beginning their plan was to tank the first year. Because this approach will be so successful, I am sure that next year the rest of the NFL organizations will be clamoring to emulate the Texans, who will claim credit for the wiley strategy that has never quite been perfected by the Browns.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #170
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
WTF is that...?

Video game? Cartoon?
Old 06-22-2014   #171
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Loosing the ball before thrown (fumble turnover [59 fumbles of which more than 1/2 were lost]), and having the ball loosely coming out of his hand as he throws his pass (interception) have been a hallmark of his career. Those type of stats can account single-handedly for a team losing a boatload of games. I'm afraid Foster, AJ and Fiedo will have no bearing on those killer factors.
Yep that is what I was talking about being correctable then the other three give him short yardage targets or hand offs to keep ball safe(r). Come to think on it, Martin or someone may offer some end arounds to get ball out of Fitz' hands into a play maker's. I am just going to be optimistic, dang me.
Old 06-22-2014   #172
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
WTF is that...?

Video game? Cartoon?
The purple thing is Lord Bills from Dragon Ball Z .

Round Dan
Old 06-23-2014   #173
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 10910 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you guys PLEASE stop quoting idiots? It's making my head hurt seeing posts of someone I blocked for their stupidity.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014   #174
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe some of yall think the team is tanking because they've named Fitzbeard the starting QB. Get a grip folks. The Bearded One is not our future and everyone knows it. And our new coach is going to desperately try to win as many games as he can, he's not going to tank anything his first year.

As long as Fitzy hairy face doesn't swoosh away the flies in his beard while calling signals, thus sending the receivers running wrong routes, we should be a glorious middle of the road ball team. Maybe.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014   #175
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/blog...to-the-summer/

Quote:
Rolling With Fitzpatrick* (Note the asterisk)

It should be no surprise that Ryan Fitzpatrick was named the starter but that does not mean he cannot get beat out. Despite being named the starter, Fitzpatrick has to keep his job and prove he is the man for week one. The move was made to put the noise to rest over this break and move forward with a clear picture for the team.

Developing a pecking order for the offense so the team could move on was a good move for O’Brien, but Tom Savage could be a factor to watch. If Savage can put together things in a hurry, he could easily unseat Fitzpatrick for the starting job.
I feel this has been the plan all along. Add some gas to that Savage fire and get him going
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #176
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://www.stateofthetexans.com/blog...to-the-summer/

I feel this has been the plan all along. Add some gas to that Savage fire and get him going
Although I am anxious to see how Savage develops, it's hard for me at this point to believe much about anything I read about him, especially as pertain to quickly climbing the ladder. No live bullets=weak straw man image.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #177
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Although I am anxious to see how Savage develops, it's hard for me at this point to believe much about anything I read about him, especially as pertain to quickly climbing the ladder. No live bullets=weak straw man image.
Yeah but i like everything i have seen from Savage, he has a strong arm, looking at college tape the kid is tough as nails. And as crazy as it sounds there is just something in his body language that screams a successful NFL QB to me.
Old 06-24-2014   #178
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What excites me about Savage and Keenum for that matter is I have watched both play and think O'Brien can improve both enough to start. Then add improvements to OLine with X and hopefully a healthy Newton. Then throw in healthy Foster and FIedo and my heart is whomping.
Old 06-24-2014   #179
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know you disagree but it's like I said earlier in the thread, I believe the plan is to develop Savage as our QB of the Future as quickly as possible and I'm expecting to see him on the field a lot earlier than you are.

Things may not go according to plan and Savage may fall flat on his face. In which case, OB can easily wash his hands of a 4th round pick and try to solve the QB issue next year.

But I'm expecting OB to push Savage forward and roll with him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014   #180
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really sure why is this is even news right now to people. Fitz has the most experience by far and training camp hasn't even started yet. There is plenty of time for someone else to unseat him. Surely he isn't that far ahead and if so then he must be playing well. People whining about the QB situation is such a waste of time because our entire roster is trash at QB. The Keenum dreams need to go away. They've ran their course. It's just silliness at this point. We aren't going to compete this season as a team that is a high scoring passing team. They're going to play with defense, intelligence, running the ball, and TO's. They don't have any other choice until the find a franchise QB.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read