Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2014   #381
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien names QB Fitzpatrick starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Must
Spread
legs
...errr REP... I meant REP!
MSR!.
I must dicktate...no wait, yeah, MSR. Yeah, that's it.

Yeah, I wuz wrong for dat. Hey, it's the offseason, OK?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014   #382
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Must
Spread
legs
...errr REP... I meant REP!
MSR!.
She'd give you a heart attack, me on the other hand.......
Old 07-09-2014   #383
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
... if the QB play in the preseason stinks...
QB play in the preseason isn't likely to "stink". Remember how, last preseason, Case performed. He'll likely impress this year as well.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014   #384
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
QB play in the preseason isn't likely to "stink". Remember how, last preseason, Case performed. He'll likely impress this year as well.
Only if he "impresses" utilizes OB's principles well.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014   #385
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

As for FitzMagic, Fear the Beard...
Quote:
Fitzpatrick’s overall PFF grade last season was an unimpressive +0.4, which was good for 21st among 42 passers who played at least 25% of their teams’ snaps. However if we dig deeper, things improve.

According to Pro Football Reference, he ranked 14th in completion percentage (62.0 percent). That’s not excellent, but it doesn’t support his reputation as an inaccurate passer and matches a career high established in 2011.

In fact, PFF’s Accuracy Percentage (Acc.%), which factors dropped passes, throwaways, and spikes, ranked FitzMagic 8th-best at his position. He beat out Tony Romo, Tom Brady, and Andrew Luck (by a good margin) in the metric.

PFF’s own quarterback rating, which also takes drops, throwaways, and spikes into account, incorporates the work receivers do after the catch. Last season Fitzpatrick ranked 12th, in front of Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, and Luck. When faced with a pass rush, Fitzpatrick was fifth in Accuracy% among passers with 25 percent of his teams’ snaps.

Now contrast Fitzpatrick’s Acc.% with that of his predecessor in Houston. Matt Schaub ranked 29th out of 41 qualifiers. Case Keenum, also mucking things up for the Texans while behind center, finished 37th in the metric. Schaub was the 38th/42 graded quarterback by PFF (-15.9), and Keenum the 33rd (-7.6).
Thank you for providing a good argument for Fitzpatrick that makes sense.
Old 07-10-2014   #386
QuantumMortis
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 QuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respectedQuantumMortis is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As for FitzMagic, Fear the Beard...
This is good to see as I'd read few positive things about Fitzpatrick since we'd signed him. It gives me some hope that the Texans might get to .500 this year.
QuantumMortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #387
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMortis View Post
This is good to see as I'd read few positive things about Fitzpatrick since we'd signed him. It gives me some hope that the Texans might get to .500 this year.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2014   #388
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
anybody who is rocking a bill obrien avatar ought to be ashamed of themselves.

running out the greatest player in franchise history and naming ryan fitzpatrick as starter.

wow.

and this is the guy who is gonna save this franchise?

is this all you do here? troll? I start reading the threads and all I see are troll posts from you this morning.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #389
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
is this all you do here? troll?
Here we go .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1gUjIf79s
Old 07-11-2014   #390
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
anybody who is rocking a bill obrien avatar ought to be ashamed of themselves.

running out the greatest player in franchise history and naming ryan fitzpatrick as starter.

wow.

and this is the guy who is gonna save this franchise?

The greatest player in Franchise history made his choice not to go to OTAs, had not to do with o'brien.

You should forget your password to your texanstalk account, it would save you a lot of embarrassment !
Old 07-11-2014   #391
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
is this all you do here? troll? I start reading the threads and all I see are troll posts from you this morning.
Yep ... I feel sorry for him that he has no friends to chat about his team ... whoever that may be .

ps ... he is fond of rodents
Old 07-11-2014   #392
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
The greatest player in Franchise history made his choice not to go to OTAs, had not to do with o'brien.
We have no idea whether it has anything to do with OB.
Old 07-11-2014   #393
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
ps ... he is fond of rodents
...and men with great hair.
Old 07-11-2014   #394
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
...and men with great hair.
Old 07-11-2014   #395
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
listen if you got a problem with my posts, then prove me wrong.

IM BORN AND RAISED IN HOUSTON TEXAS.

I went to landis elementary and lived in spice lane. i was there when auchan was still there.

I went to elsik high school. went to the ninth grade center on cook road/dairy ashford.

Im sick and tired of being labeled a troll and not from houston because people cant come after my post and want to discredit and marginalize it by labeling me a troll.

I AM A TEXAN.

A HOUSTON TEXAN.

BORN AND BRED.

TEXAS FOREVER.

That's who I am.

Prove my post wrong. Stop getting personal.

You stayed on Spice? No wonder you're so erratic and wired up.

Check your PM Bills.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #396
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
listen if you got a problem with my posts, then prove me wrong.

IM BORN AND RAISED IN HOUSTON TEXAS.

I went to landis elementary and lived in spice lane. i was there when auchan was still there.

I went to elsik high school. went to the ninth grade center on cook road/dairy ashford.

Im sick and tired of being labeled a troll and not from houston because people cant come after my post and want to discredit and marginalize it by labeling me a troll.

I AM A TEXAN.

A HOUSTON TEXAN.

BORN AND BRED.

TEXAS FOREVER.

That's who I am.

Prove my post wrong. Stop getting personal.
Proving an opinion wrong is not worth the effort . This is especially true when it will all come out in the wash in a month or two . In other words if you fall flat on your face will you be back to admit it ?

Your opinions are that of a dude who's home teams can do no right . It's always raining in your mind and the grass is always greener somewhere else .
Old 07-11-2014   #397
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

can yo blame me?

WHAT THE HELL HAS THE TEXANS ACCOMPLISHED?

Our greatest accomplishments are two division titles when peyton broke his neck and indy went on a rebuild and all we got for it are two first round wins vs andy dalton and the bengals.

our greatest quarterback in history is matt freaking schaub.

our greatest player in history is about to be ran out of town because obrien disrespected him and treated him like a college player tearing down his posters and dishonoring him.

we won two games last year and ryan fitzpatrick was just named starter.

WTF should i be happy about as a texan fan?

my opinions are based on texan history. and based on that, yes, the texans cant do nothing right and its reflected in my posts.
Because you only scratch the surface of sports history . I deal with several guys like you and I guess in their hood , it's cool to be negative and trash the locals . At least your still not saying the Texans should have taken VY .
Old 07-11-2014   #398
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

can yo blame me?

WHAT THE HELL HAS THE TEXANS ACCOMPLISHED?

Our greatest accomplishments are two division titles when peyton broke his neck and indy went on a rebuild and all we got for it are two first round wins vs andy dalton and the bengals.

our greatest quarterback in history is matt freaking schaub.

our greatest player in history is about to be ran out of town because obrien disrespected him and treated him like a college player tearing down his posters and dishonoring him.

we won two games last year and ryan fitzpatrick was just named starter.

WTF should i be happy about as a texan fan?

my opinions are based on texan history. and based on that, yes, the texans cant do nothing right and its reflected in my posts.
So you blame the Texans for Peyton breaking his neck, and the Texans taking advantage of it and winning 2 division titles.

And quit ranting on about O'brien running Andre out of town because he took ALL of the Texans players pictures down, that's such B.S.
Old 07-11-2014   #399
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
weak retort. very weak retort and bordering on racism with that vince young hood inclusion.

what an absolutely illogical reach.

im not gonna debate a poster with homerism champ as his user title.

its reflected quite nicely in your posts.
Not worth debating me, your illogical conclusions would leave you looking silly and defeated !

Your fits you nicely as well, Self destruction is right.
Old 07-11-2014   #400
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok Fitzpatrick is named the starter..so what...if that doesn't push case or savage than I don't know what will.

And if they can't beat out Fitzpatrick. Then we would be worse than I thought

(even though I think they want savage to sit and learn a bit)

Bottom line TC hasn't even started yet. Ones the guys start flying around. We will see how much changes
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read