Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2014   #321
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien names QB Fitzpatrick starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
dis right here. best post in the entire thread.

the reason why a lot of posters here want keenum to fail is that they picked against him and they would have to eat crow.

people have agendas. judging from my time here, this team doesnt deserve a winner. this fanbase deserves what has happened to the texans.

a lot here were so arrogant and self entitled when we were winning back to back division titles slurping the guru kubiak and the pro bowl legend schaub.

even now, so much arrogance in this message board. i try to liven up this board with jokes/satire but you guys are so bent out of shape and backed up that all you do is give negative reps taking things so seriously.

GET OVER YOURSELVES. ITS A FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD.

even the moderator who is suppose to be above all that joins in on the gang mentality.

keenum wasnt even getting reps then got thrust into the starting role with virtually no running back a messed up offensive line, and a idiotic lame duck coach but somehow 8 games in, these same people who were licking kubiak/schaubh taint until both imploded are so sure keenum is worthless.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW TEXAN FANS.

= FOREVER.

Houston Texan = Cleveland Browns South.

You all deserve each other.
Does this mean you're not a fan and are leaving? Please say yes.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014   #322
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Does this mean you're not a fan and are leaving? Please say yes.
He never was.
Old 07-06-2014   #323
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Did anyone else hear a troll chirp?
I am thinking SIAB took a step back to his old ways.
Old 07-07-2014   #324
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bill names QB Fitzpatrick starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Couldn't you just see the disaster of letting Freeman run BOB's offense from the LOS? Especially since Freeman has trouble learning offenses simpler than BOB's.

That's the ticket to 2015 1-1 pick.
It's not really about Freeman. His name was just thrown out there to emphasize the waste I think Fitzpatrick is. End result will be the same.

I could have said VY, but I know people will focus on him moreso than the message.

Fitz is a waste of money. He is what he is. This is not spoken out of love for Case Keenum, Tj Yates, Matt Schaub, Tom Savage, Josh Freeman, VY, Charlie Whitehurst, Michael Vick..... etc, etc, etc...

If we can see the wisdom in not forcing a QB pick in the draft, waiting for Tom Savage to "fall" to us, then surely it's not a stretch to hold pat with Case & Tj....... Fitzpatrick gains nothing, unless you think he can lead us to 9 or 10 wins, a potential play off berth.

If you think that's unreasonable, then there was no reason to sign Fitzpatrick.
Old 07-07-2014   #325
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's not really about Freeman. His name was just thrown out there to emphasize the waste I think Fitzpatrick is. End result will be the same.

I could have said VY, but I know people will focus on him moreso than the message.

Fitz is a waste of money. He is what he is. This is not spoken out of love for Case Keenum, Tj Yates, Matt Schaub, Tom Savage, Josh Freeman, VY, Charlie Whitehurst, Michael Vick..... etc, etc, etc...

If we can see the wisdom in not forcing a QB pick in the draft, waiting for Tom Savage to "fall" to us, then surely it's not a stretch to hold pat with Case & Tj....... Fitzpatrick gains nothing, unless you think he can lead us to 9 or 10 wins, a potential play off berth.

If you think that's unreasonable, then there was no reason to sign Fitzpatrick.
I would have preferred Mark Sanchez than Fitzpatrick, even though I don't think he's that good either, but if you're going to sign somebody, at least sign somebody who has made it to the playoffs twice.
Anybody else but Fitzpatrick.

Last edited by santo; 07-07-2014 at 11:15 AM.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014   #326
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I would have preferred Mark Sanchez than Fitzpatrick, even though I don't think he's that good either, but if you're going to sign somebody, at least sign somebody who has made it to the playoffs twice.
Anybody else but Ftizpatrick.
Yeah, Fitz is just hard to get behind. I can't get away from thinking that he's the kind of guy you sign and intend to fail on some level. I know that's probably not what OB is trying to do but Fitz is so "not good enough" that it makes me want to believe that the hope was that somebody, Yates, Keenum, or Savage would outperform him sooner rather than later. His salary says he was meant to be on the roster. He's not there to be beaten out of a roster spot, just a starters job. Just to set a bar high enough to be semi-respectable but low enough that one of the younger guys with maybe more upside might be able to clear it and start instead.... and if that didn't happen you could technically trot him out there with a straight face.

I don't have any expectation that Fitz will pull a "Rich Gannon" on us and suddenly become somebody you want to keep around for a while.
Old 07-07-2014   #327
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that it's settled into my brain that, yeah, we have Fitzpatrick as our starting QB, I'm hoping Keenum or Savage beat him out in pre-season. The sooner he isn't the starter the better off we are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2014   #328
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, we can only hope that OB naming Fitzpatrick starter would be motivation enough for either Keenum or Savage to step it up in Training Camp if they want to start the season.

Basically he's telling the young guys that if they can't beat Fitzpatrick, then they'll be sitting on the bench until they do.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014   #329
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
& someone under 30
Old 07-07-2014   #330
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mark Sanchez is living proof that teams not players make it to the playoffs.

Quote:
& someone under 30
Why do you care about the age of a very temporary placeholder? And 30 is a RB age line, not a QB one.
Old 07-07-2014   #331
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Mark Sanchez is living proof that teams not players make it to the playoffs..
Peyton Manning and the Colts say your wrong.
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014   #332
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Peyton Manning and the Colts say your wrong.
Well unless the QB is a mastermind like manning that statement is not true, how many Manning type QBs come along very often ?
Old 07-07-2014   #333
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Well unless the QB is a mastermind like manning that statement is not true, how many Manning type QBs come along very often ?
Well we seen what happened when the Skins lose RG3. Carolina would do worse without Cam. I believe the steelers have more losses without Polamalu. Look at our record the year Schaub went down. Seattle and GB would be doomed as well IMO if their QBs go down
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014   #334
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Well we seen what happened when the Skins lose RG3. Carolina would do worse without Cam. I believe the steelers have more losses without Polamalu. Look at our record the year Schaub went down. Seattle and GB would be doomed as well IMO if their QBs go down
You are using examples of above average to exceptional QB play to try to reach the same conclusion about poor QB play and it fails horribly.
Old 07-08-2014   #335
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are the facts. Fitzpatrick is a mediocre QB, and the Texans are going to have to waste another season rebuilding.
Old 07-08-2014   #336
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 578 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Here are the facts. Fitzpatrick is a mediocre QB, and the Texans are going to have to waste another season rebuilding.
Rome was not built in a day
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014   #337
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Rome was not built in a day
Tell that to the other 13 teams that have not won a Superbowl, Im sure the Browns and Lions are tired of "building up" their "Rome".
Old 07-08-2014   #338
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
8 games of Keenum... we've seen enough. Time to close the book. 'nuff said.

9 seasons of Fitzgerald... maybe OB can make something out of him.

I suspect you wouldn't have been retained after your eighth day on the job. Sorting out the Keystone cops takes time.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014   #339
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I suspect you wouldn't have been retained after your eighth day on the job. Sorting out the Keystone cops takes time.
That's exactly the point.
Why toss Keenum to the curb and declare he's hot garbage after an eight-game tryout while being tolerant with nine so-so to sucky seasons of Fitzpatrick? What in those nine years makes anyone think he'll be more than so-so?? Why is it O'Brien can make Fitzy into a stud but there's no hope for Keenum??
TK is having problems with that "math" and so am I.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014   #340
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's exactly the point.
Why toss Keenum to the curb and declare he's hot garbage after an eight-game tryout while being tolerant with nine so-so to sucky seasons of Fitzpatrick? What in those nine years makes anyone think he'll be more than so-so?? Why is it O'Brien can make Fitzy into a stud but there's no hope for Keenum??
TK is having problems with that "math" and so am I.
Well one answer is picking up the system. Keenum was being fed one system for two seasons and was still repeating the same mistakes. Fitz has picked up new offenses, multiple times, quickly. As a do a better job with a new system for a short time period faster out of the box, Fitz is a better bet.

Not getting the lead on the starting job is not throwing Keenum in the trash bin either. Ask TJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read