Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Justin Tuggle: “This is just the beginning”

Justin Tuggle: “This is just the beginning

Quote:
“My goal was to make the roster – from day one.” Tuggle said. “When I got the call, talked to Coach Reggie (Herring, Texans LB Coach), and he told me, ‘if you want to come and make a name for yourself, come down here and let’s do it.’ So, I took that and ran with it! I’m the type of guy to see and opportunity and make the most of it. And I feel that I’ve made the most of my opportunities since I’ve been here.”

Justin had
Quote:
The switch from quarterback to linebacker took place prior to Kansas State’s tilt versus Arkansas in the January, 2012 Cotton Bowl. One might think that the transition from quarterback to linebacker would be difficult. But, not so says the Alpharetta, Georgia native.

“I don’t really miss it to tell you the truth,” says Tuggle. “I’m having fun playing defense. It’s a lot more reaction than other things going on than (at) quarterback. Quarterback is a lot of responsibility. You got to know the ins and outs of every single position. You got to just really command everything. It’s the same with different positions. But, defensive is more reaction. I like to go out there, see something, react, and make plays.”
Quote:
Tuggle will be given that opportunity in this offense as the Texans will face the Chargers in San Diego on Monday night.
Old 09-07-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Justin Tuggle: “This is just the beginning”

Quote:
“When I got the call, talked to Coach Reggie (Herring, Texans LB Coach), and he told me, ‘if you want to come and make a name for yourself, come down here and let’s do it.’

I think it's interesting that Herring gets involved in "recruiting" UDFAs... makes sense, but I never thought about it.
Old 09-07-2013   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice read. Hopefully, he can eventually grow into his father's shoes.

A typo??

Quote:
Tuggle will be given that opportunity in this offense as the Texans will face the Chargers in San Diego on Monday night.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 82763 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

A typo??
same thing i was thinking, our wild cat haha. Could u imagine kubiaks version of the wild cat
Old 09-07-2013   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
same thing i was thinking, our wild cat haha. Could u imagine kubiaks version of the wild cat
Probably more like this

Than this.

Us fans would end up like this:
Old 09-07-2013   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I said in another thread last week that I thought Tuggle would end up starting inside at some point .... Im sticking to that statement , it may take a good portion of the season but I think he'll take the job from May's & co. (Sharpton's making that task easier by remaining on the trainers table)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I said in another thread last week that I thought Tuggle would end up starting inside at some point .... Im sticking to that statement , it may take a good portion of the season but I think he'll take the job from May's & co. (Sharpton's making that task easier by remaining on the trainers table)
If he's half the LB his ole man was, he should have no problem taking over for Sharpton; if not this year then the next. Jesse had a five year stretch where he had 180+ tackles every year - two of those years he had 200+!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2013   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TuggJe00.htm

Already bigger than his father...although I really don't know what either's "shoe" size is....just saying/kidding
Old 09-08-2013   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not sure if he'll ever start this season, wouldn't surprise me, but I expect that by the end of the season he'll be playing major minutes and be a key part of the rotation at ILB. I've got high hopes for Tuggle at ILB, and Jefferson at OLB. Sharpton even being on the roster is a joke.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If he's half the LB his ole man was, he should have no problem taking over for Sharpton; if not this year then the next. Jesse had a five year stretch where he had 180+ tackles every year - two of those years he had 200+!
Sharpton will not willingly give up his spot on the trainers table. Hopefully Tuggle puts the trainers table out of the LB coaches mind.
Old 09-08-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Quote:
The switch from quarterback to linebacker took place prior to Kansas State’s tilt versus Arkansas in the January, 2012 Cotton Bowl.
Next year may be more "reasonable" He's only been playing LB for 1 season.
Old 06-14-2014   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

LB Tuggle: "Reps mean everything"
Quote:
LB Justin Tuggle spoke to the media Thursday following practice at the Houston Methodist Training Center.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014   #13
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised by Tuggle's performance and think he has a future as a starter. Somebody's going to have to start in Cushing's place sooner or later this year.

From what Tuggle was quoted as saying, maybe he can also serve as our emergency QB.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read