Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default HBO's Hard Knocks 2014 -- Atlanta Falcons

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
HBO's Hard Knocks will be done this summer with...the Atlanta Falcons.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
COO of @NFLFilms Howard Katz thanked the #Falcons for “allowing us unprecedented access into their training camp.” Always a good sign.

The #Falcons volunteered for Hard Knocks, I’m told. They had an out, making the playoffs 2 years ago. They chose to be in.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HBO's Hard Knocks 2014 -- Atlanta Falcons

Hard Knocks Episode 1 Recap: The Boring Crusade
Quote:
This year it's the Atlanta Falcons, a team that in the post-Michael Vick era balanced consistent success with a ferocious amount of boredom until injuries and coaching imploded the team in 2013. Since 2007 the Falcons have been intentionally boring because of the gaffes during the Vick era and before, and this boredom is rooted in head coach Mike Smith, possibly the league's most boring head coach (and yes we've seen Joe Philbin being interviewed).
Ouch.
Old 08-06-2014   #3
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

In my household Bellichik is the undisputed champion of boredom. If I want my baby to sleep in a hurry I'll put on a Bellichik interviews.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't really think it was that boring, but Hard Knocks can make any football team look interesting.

But yeah, they won't ever top covering the Rex Ryan led Jets.
Old 08-08-2014   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think it was boring at all. Sure Mike Smith isn't the most charismatic guy, but it's really about the interactions between the players that I like to see. And it was cool seeing Steven Jackson trying to be a leader (I don't know how genuine it was) and watching the rookies try to find their footing.
Old 08-08-2014   #6
austins23
Veteran

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 14072 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Didn't really think it was that boring, but Hard Knocks can make any football team look interesting.

But yeah, they won't ever top covering the Rex Ryan led Jets.
"Now, let's go get a gawd **** snack!"
Old 08-08-2014   #7
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot better than last year's, probably because the Falcons are less of a garbage fire than the 'Phins.

Jerry's retirement and the Osi/Roddy White talk were both very powerful.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2014   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
A lot better than last year's, probably because the Falcons are less of a garbage fire than the 'Phins.

Jerry's retirement and the Osi/Roddy White talk were both very powerful.
Last year was the Bengals.

The first episode of this season was good.

I used to be against the Texans getting on the show, but I've really started to change my mind over the past few years. I'd love to get that kind of access to the team
Old 08-10-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I used to be against the Texans getting on the show, but I've really started to change my mind over the past few years. I'd love to get that kind of access to the team
You're just about to.
Old 08-10-2014   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Not this week's but next week's will be good because the Texans will be on it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014   #11
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Harry Douglas has a fine ass wife....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014   #12
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82324 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I just realized Harry Douglas and Toney Douglas were brothers...

I kept thinking about how much they looked alike, so I googled it...

xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

What was funny is watching Mike Smith try and hold back his cursing. He does it, but it seems like it is slipping out instead of flying out because he knows they are filming....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Ice Bucket Challenge after practice

Quote:
General managers Rick Smith (Texans) and Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons) join the campaign to Strike Out ALS by accepting the Ice Bucket Challenge. Who did they challenge?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've watched both episodes and have found both to be very boring. I think it's because, overall, I find the Falcons to be a very boring football team. And there's something about that head coach that's very Kubiak-ish. He talks about how everyone thinks they're soft and that they have to prove they're not soft, but doesn't realize that sports teams often are a reflection of the head coach...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I've watched both episodes and have found both to be very boring. I think it's because, overall, I find the Falcons to be a very boring football team. And there's something about that head coach that's very Kubiak-ish. He talks about how everyone thinks they're soft and that they have to prove they're not soft, but doesn't realize that sports teams often are a reflection of the head coach...
spoken like a true Saints fan....

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Gonna be interesting what the commentary by the Falcons will be after Clowney's hit on Smith...

Bryan Cox should be good...

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Gonna be interesting what the commentary by the Falcons will be after Clowney's hit on Smith...

Bryan Cox should be good...
I wonder if they'll talk about it at all. In fact, I'll be surprised if it's anything more than one of several highlights illustrating the Falcons' poor play.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
they look soft...and I'd say the fans up in Atlanta will not be happy this year. Their bookend tackles both looked awful and I think one of them blew out his knee Saturday. I don't think they will collapse, but their season is going to be full of fail methinks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read