Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB will be waived?
Fitzgerald 2 1.90%
Savage 0 0%
Keenum 41 39.05%
Yates 62 59.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2014   #101
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which QB will be waived?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
So it is ...
Old 06-18-2014   #102
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I admit. I wuz worng.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #103
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I admit. I wuz worng.
Me too, but imo, it's like picking the worst looking turd of the bunch. In the end, they're all still going to be turds
Old 06-18-2014   #104
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew TJ was likely the odd guy out...he was the guy least freshest in everyone's mind in terms of play on the field....he was the guy everyone says had the least upside. The 2 reasons above also didn't jive well with the fact that he was to be the 2nd highest paid qb on the roster. No brainer really.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #105
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad it turned out this way. I like Case a lot & think he has a future as a backup & the potential to be a starter someday. However, I don't think he's out of the woods just yet. Depending upon who gets released, Case could still be let go later. He's on the bubble right now & can't let up even a little bit yet.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #106
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum: "Still have to get better"
Quote:
Part one of three. Keenum addresses Yates being released, and more
Keenum: "I've got to prove myself"
Quote:
In part two of three, Keenum addresses what sets him apart, how the offense is different than last year and more.
Keenum: "I'm my harshest critic"
Quote:
In part three of three, Keenum says he has a long way to go, competing with the other QBs, UofH coach Art Briles, and more.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #107
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting. The young man demonstrates honest insight.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2014   #108
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks for posting. The young man demonstrates honest insight.
It's one of the very important character trait that I saw in Keenum that I like.

On the field, of the field.
From my observation, he's never shown a displeasure of a blocker missing a block or a receiver dropping a pass or running a different route than he anticipates.

In every interview, even in college, he always took the brunt.
It's never "we can play better"; it's always " I should play better".

With that attitude, even if he doesn't become a starter in the NFL, I believe he will contribute to society.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #109
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's one of the very important character trait that I saw in Keenum that I like.

On the field, of the field.
From my observation, he's never shown a displeasure of a blocker missing a block or a receiver dropping a pass or running a different route than he anticipates.

In every interview, even in college, he always took the brunt.
It's never "we can play better"; it's always " I should play better".

With that attitude, even if he doesn't become a starter in the NFL, I believe he will contribute to society.

I agree with you on Keenum.

Even though Keenum becoming a great QB means more to me than his contributions to society. LOL

He will do just fine after he's thru with the NFL. Probably will become a HS/College HC.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014   #110
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I got this one WAAAAY wrong. I thought Keenum would be gone for sure.

While I didn't feel that either TJ or Case were BOB's kind of guys, I thought that BOB would take Yates over Keenum, given Yates playoff experience.

Meh, sometimes I like being wrong.
Old 06-18-2014   #111
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

PDS ‏@PatDStat 3m
Quote:
According to @ProFootballTalk the #Texans have traded T.J. Yates to the Atlanta Falcons for LB Akeem Dent.

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #112
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

How ironic would it be if they both become the backup to their respective starting QB's?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

On yesterday's Koch & Kalu Pat Starr reported that Fitz & Savage were getting most of the snaps during OTAs, Case & Tj were alternating days when they took snaps & days when they didn't.

The deck seems stacked against the Coog.
Old 06-19-2014   #114
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
On yesterday's Koch & Kalu Pat Starr reported that Fitz & Savage were getting most of the snaps during OTAs, Case & Tj were alternating days when they took snaps & days when they didn't.

The deck seems stacked against the Coog.
Looks like they don't care too much for Fitzpatrick........no more than 6 wins in any season he was a starter.

Another interesting point they brought out. That million dollar roster bonus that AJ lost increases our cap by a million, if it is not renegotiated if AJ returns.
Old 06-19-2014   #115
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I got this one WAAAAY wrong. I thought Keenum would be gone for sure.

While I didn't feel that either TJ or Case were BOB's kind of guys, I thought that BOB would take Yates over Keenum, given Yates playoff experience.

Meh, sometimes I like being wrong.
Technically this is still in play. Keenum could still be the player that is waived since Yates was traded. Lets see how it plays out in preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #116
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Technically this is still in play. Keenum could still be the player that is waived since Yates was traded. Lets see how it plays out in preseason.
Hmmm...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #117
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Hmmm...
That takes for granted that Fitzpatrick is something other than what he has been in the past, that Keenum is what he has been in the past, and the Texans pick up someone on the waiver wire that they think can be brought up to snuff in a timely fashion to surpass Keenum, or that they will choose to only keep 2 QBs (not likely).
Old 06-19-2014   #118
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That takes for granted that Fitzpatrick is something other than what he has been in the past, that Keenum is what he has been in the past, and the Texans pick up someone on the waiver wire that they think can be brought up to snuff in a timely fashion to surpass Keenum, or that they will choose to only keep 2 QBs (not likely).
I think there's a very good chance of that happening. If McGroin is cut I think we'd be all over him. There might be a few QBs cut that we rate higher than Keenum, which shouldn't be that high imo
Old 06-19-2014   #119
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still believe that O'brien doesn't like his back up QB options and will move both Yates (traded) and Keenum some how. I believe he wants to acquire McGloin from the Raiders as he is currently 3rd on the dept chart.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think there's a very good chance of that happening. If McGroin is cut I think we'd be all over him. There might be a few QBs cut that we rate higher than Keenum, which shouldn't be that high imo
IMHO, the Raiders would be foolish to go into the season with only 2 QBs. As good as Carr has looked thus far, he has not faced live bullets. Schaub has significant reliability questions after the past 2 seasons and, in addition, likely to "degenerate" quickly when played.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read