Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB will be waived?
Fitzgerald 2 1.90%
Savage 0 0%
Keenum 41 39.05%
Yates 62 59.05%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2014   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which QB will be waived?

Not interested in having this conversation again. It's just been beaten to death as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that I voted for Keenum. I don't think I have any idea who it actually will be (beyond Yates or Keenum. Fitz and Savage aren't going anywhere) so there it is. No idea who wins that one but I like Keenum slightly more than Yates.
Old 06-12-2014   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

As the season gets closer I think they will both be cut and we'll pick up somebody like Matt McGloin when he gets cut since Schaub has guaranteed money this season and Carr will push for the starter job. With Trent Edwards this is a crowded situation in Oakland. McGloin is an overachiever with NFL experience that knows BoB's system.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Personally, I'd like to cut both Keenum and Yates. Given the fact there will be a lot of players cut over the next couple months, I think it's a distinct possibility.

I had to choose one, so I chose Keenum. A lot has been made of the prototypical O'Brien QB and Keenum doesn't fit. Plus, he was really bad toward the end of the season. He refused to take check downs and hot routes when they were running wide open underneath. He either couldn't or chose not to read blitzes that my mom could see. Always tried to win the game in one play.
This doesn't deserve to be flamed. You have your opinion and others have theirs. That's cool. I think we all agree that Keenum didn't cut it last season. The only spot where some differ is some people would like to see if the potential that he did show can develop and can he overcome his deficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I honestly think that Keenum's hometown fanfare is gonna keep him on the roster and conversely get Yates cut.

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgement on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.
Now this post deserves to be flamed. No two ways about it, this is just stupid and inflammatory. This post basically says that BO'B is going to come in to a new situation and let the fan sentiment (of a VERY small segment, btw) dictate who he keeps on his roster. That ranks among the stupidest things typed in this forum in recent memory. But that's not even the worst part. What's worse is this is just a lame attempt to get ahead of the rationalization curve. You're setting yourself up to be able to rationalize why Keenum might be kept, in the event that he is. If he is kept on, it couldn't possibly be because BO'B sees something in him and/or thinks he's at least the third best QB on the roster. No, you're trying to set up a "just in case" scenario that establishes that BO'B would only keep Keenum because the all powerful UH alumni are pressuring him to do so.

Jeez, I wish I had as much actual power to influence NFL decisions as you just gave me credit for.
Old 06-12-2014   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 214142 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This doesn't deserve to be flamed.
Nope , it doesn't but that wont change the fact that some will flame it. Keenum has a lot of hometown fanboys.

Quote:
I honestly think that Keenum's hometown fanfare is gonna keep him on the roster and conversely get Yates cut.

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgment on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.
Quote:
Now this post deserves to be flamed. No two ways about it, this is just stupid and inflammatory. This post basically says that BO'B is going to come in to a new situation and let the fan sentiment (of a VERY small segment, btw) dictate who he keeps on his roster. That ranks among the stupidest things typed in this forum in recent memory.
Thing is its not just BO'B .... its the other Bob too and he has a mancrush on Keenum. He for all intents and purposes gave the last HC an ultimatum to play Keenum .... That hometown fanfare does play into McNair's thinking even if it doesn't play into O'Brien's. Call it a fall back plan if FitzSavage is a failure. Something to keep asses in the seats when the team is multiple games below .500.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thing is its not just BO'B .... its the other Bob too and he has a mancrush on Keenum. He for all intents and purposes gave the last HC an ultimatum to play Keenum .... That hometown fanfare does play into McNair's thinking even if it doesn't play into O'Brien's. Call it a fall back plan if FitzSavage is a failure. Something to keep asses in the seats when the team is multiple games below .500.
See, I know the stuff with McNair and Kubiak, but I find it hard to believe that the same onus will be put on O'Brien, especially since, 1.) He's a new coach taking over and trying to rebuild. He has to have early control to build the team the way he wants. 2.) Last year was the first (maybe only) chance to see Keenum, and Schaub had shown he couldn't get the job done. Just like we've all said around here in many situations, there are times when you just play the young guy to see what he's got. If he fails, it's not like you've really lost anything, and actually gained intel. If he succeeds, then you're better off. Last year was a perfect illustration of that. This year? Not so much.

No way McNair is dictating to O'Brien that he has to keep Keenum around.
Old 06-12-2014   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not so sure it was a man crush on Keenum so much as McNair coming to believe Schaub was done and wanting the younger QBs evaluated. It's at least a possibility the directive was "anyone but Schaub" rather than "play Keenum." I lean toward anyone but Schaub because McNair ignored the hometown fanfare of VY which was way stronger than for Keenum.
Old 06-12-2014   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I remember reading that Yates had injury concerns that affected his chances of winning the backup job last season. I can't search for a source for that since I'm at work.

What works in Keenum's favor is that he has more of a tendency to keep his eyes downfield, and he's accurate.
Last year, I reported that Yates was dealing with elbow (throwing arm) problems dating back to 2011 (when he also had a throwing shoulder problem), and constantly from the middle of 2012, and through parts of the 2013 season.........and this was obviously without the trauma of being a starting "full-time" QB. Elbow problems in a QB can quickly become chronic and progressive with repeated damage. It already appears that Yates history is trying to enter that status. Then he developed back problems through the last 3 games of last season. Not really a history of problems I would want in a backup QB that may be needed to takeover long-term at moment's notice.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2014   #28
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was apparent in the very first game he started (KC). On multiple occasions they bring only 4 defenders but would do so by overloading one side or the other and he failed to recognize it and make the adjustment in protection & route combination (hot route). Those were things he did have the ability to change within the scope of Kubiak's audible system.

That pretty much became par for the course as the season wore on.

I'd give him a pass for that first game or two had he shown improvement in that aspect as the season went on but it appeared to me he got worse , not better.
Not to make excuses for Keenum, but I have to ask the question, was he mentally prepared to be a starter at that point?

Even though he had been on the roster for just over a year he was always the 3rd string QB. While he got reps, he most likely didn't get the personal coaching that he needed. In the KC game he freestyled & almost helped us pull off the upset. He had a solid game the next week, but Kubiak started clamping down on him in the 3rd week & his performance steadily dropped off each subsequent week there after. Was he over thinking it & trying to not make mistakes rather than play the game? Was the speed of the game & Kubiak's multiple options per play too much for him at that point? While it's always a possibility (and became a reality), the 3rd string QB was never expected to start a single game.

Again, I don't mean to be making excuses for Keenum, but I saw enough in him to believe he has a future as a solid backup & possible starter if he's given the right coaching & put in the right system. I really like him, but can't shake the feeling he will be the odd man out.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #29
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53394 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates, no brainer. He was only drafted because he ran the same system Gary used, in Butch Davis offense in NC. Case has a bigger upside, and could be thrown in for a wrinkle (wildcat style) if they wanted. It will be Yates.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #30
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This doesn't deserve to be flamed. You have your opinion and others have theirs. That's cool. I think we all agree that Keenum didn't cut it last season. The only spot where some differ is some people would like to see if the potential that he did show can develop and can he overcome his deficiencies.

Now this post deserves to be flamed. No two ways about it, this is just stupid and inflammatory. This post basically says that BO'B is going to come in to a new situation and let the fan sentiment (of a VERY small segment, btw) dictate who he keeps on his roster. That ranks among the stupidest things typed in this forum in recent memory. But that's not even the worst part. What's worse is this is just a lame attempt to get ahead of the rationalization curve. You're setting yourself up to be able to rationalize why Keenum might be kept, in the event that he is. If he is kept on, it couldn't possibly be because BO'B sees something in him and/or thinks he's at least the third best QB on the roster. No, you're trying to set up a "just in case" scenario that establishes that BO'B would only keep Keenum because the all powerful UH alumni are pressuring him to do so.

Jeez, I wish I had as much actual power to influence NFL decisions as you just gave me credit for.
You've got your head so far up Keenum's ass you can't even admit that fan influence has some bearing on coaching decisions...& that is more sad and sillier than anything i typed in my last post b/c it shows your obvious bias. My post wasn't an attempt at anything other than to convey my thoughts on the hypocrisy of many of you Keenum sympathizers. You honestly make your cohorts (Hervy) look bad with this kinda crap.

& the worst part in your ridiculous rant is the bolded. All that crap is assumptions on your part. You have absolutely no clue about what i will think if he's kept.

Stop trying to be Ms. Cleo and stick to your day job.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did not vote as hoping a pick will again be offered for Yates resolving the issue.
Old 06-12-2014   #32
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see the future so I din't vote. That and it's pointless. Like Herv said: :

Doc Jean brings up some really good points though. O'Brien seems to be very thorough in every step he's taken to this point so it would really surprise me to find out that he wouldn't know about T.J.'s health issues. I would think that he would take that under consideration for the exact reasons Doc stated. If he's still having issues or the condition has become chronic it seems to me that it would show in his mechanics when he get's his chance at the rotation. I don't know at all how these go but O'Brien has stated that only three of the four are getting reps on a given day. I've been trying to figure out how he's been splitting them. One sitting out every third day? One of two sitting out every other day? , but I'd sure like to.

Again, not voting but I'd be of the mindset that if T.J. has fully recovered and doesn't have a chronic health issue that he'll make the cut. If he does or is showing signs of same then Kenuum would get the nod by default.

Then Vinny poses, what I think, is a possibly valid scenario and that's not an option on the poll...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought about wishing both boys luck, saying that I will cheer for either one who remains on the roster.
And I will.

But, some posts were kinda funny to me (no offense, guys), so I want to check out something about Yates as well, since we've been talking enough about Keenum.

Game 6 vs Packers, 2012.
3rd and 9.
Texans lined up in 11 spread.
They kept the RB back to block the 5-man rush.
Texans had sent the TE from right to left such that Posey was now the lone receiver on the right.
The Packers didn't bulge.
With 3 receivers on the left and only 2 defenders underneath, the Texans had advantage there.
You figure it's going to be an automatic completion with Captain check down, but no.
Despite seeing the LB right in front of him, Yates tried a pass over him to Posey on the right.
Ball tipped. INT.

Game 15 vs Vikings.
3rd and 9.
The Texans ran a hi-lo on the right with AJ going deep and Walter wide open underneath.
Easy enough for Captain check down.
No.
Despite Walter calling and calling for the ball.
Yates, after rolling out, hang on the ball and kept running.
He was chased from behind, tackled, and fumbled the ball.
Turnover.

Week 6 , 2013 vs Rams.
4th and 3 at the Rams 6.
With no pressure, Yates decided from the get go that he will force the ball to Graham, who was running straight into double coverage.
INT.
94-yd pick six.

Next series, 2nd and 10.
Texans in the red zone again with Graham having a couple of step on the defender who was totally vulnerable when he turned his back on the receiver, Yates rolled left and promptly threw the ball right to the defender.
INT; what else.

I mean, I don't hate Yates.
But, I certainly don't want to witness these things for the fourth straight year.
Can anybody blame me?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 214142 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

But, I certainly don't want to witness these things for the fourth straight year.
Can anybody blame me?
If you expect much more than that from either Yates or Keenum at this point ... you have to be wearing rose colored glasses or are flat out delusional.

Neither is the solution at QB , Fitzmagic is a placeholder at best & Savage is a complete unknown commodity.

Worst case is that they get ~average~ play at QB , the defense has a stellar year and they win a few they shouldn't and have no shot at one of the top QB's next year without mortgaging the future.

Best case is Savage turns into the next Tom Brady and they got their QB of the future in the late 4th round.

Somewhere in between is a few W's and an early draft pick to land that future QB without selling the next years draft in the process.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #35
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Can anybody blame me?
All those guys have positives and negatives when you watch the film.

BUT...I do think that Keenum and Savage have the highest upside. I think Keenum can be at least a good starter in the NFL.

I'm aware of his problems from last season, but I'm also aware of the positives he brought to the team. I just wish Kubiak had 100% committed to him once he put him in.

I think the positives Keenum bring are things that you want in a starting QB and the negatives he has are correctable. Especially with a better functioning offense around him which he should have this season.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #36
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 11233 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You've got your head so far up Keenum's ass you can't even admit that fan influence has some bearing on coaching decisions...& that is more sad and sillier than anything i typed in my last post b/c it shows your obvious bias. My post wasn't an attempt at anything other than to convey my thoughts on the hypocrisy of many of you Keenum sympathizers. You honestly make your cohorts (Hervy) look bad with this kinda crap.

& the worst part in your ridiculous rant is the bolded. All that crap is assumptions on your part. You have absolutely no clue about what i will think if he's kept.

Stop trying to be Ms. Cleo and stick to your day job.

I completely disagree with the fans playing a role in decision making because if that's was the case then Manziel would have been drafted.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #37
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sad really b/c honestly he and Keenum are more alike than they are different in terms of their upside. Yet some fans have no problem making a definitive judgement on Yates but have come up with every excuse in the world for Keenum.
That, I think, is one of the reasons he's going to get cut. If he's not appreciably better than Yates, than OB will want no part of the circus that a local undrafted QB superstar can potentially create.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have nothing against Case, but I do seriously wonder how folks around here would perceive him if he was the UDFA QB from Wisconsin State.

I honestly think we've got four clipboard holders on the roster right now. Maybe they prove otherwise this season, but what I expect is to see a formidable defensive unit being built and a rather anemic offense that tries to avoid losing games.
Old 06-12-2014   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chron.com's McClain and Brian T. Smith think Yates will be waived:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ack-situation/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #40
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

I like both Yates and Keenum and Savage is this years QB pick so i went with Fitz as the odd man out. But I really don't see them going with just 3 QBs before the first round of cuts. There are too many receivers who need someone to throw them the ball.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read