Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2014   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: espn says "Texans: 25th best roster"

To be fair I don't think this fully reflects all the changes made this off season and doesn't project how players might come back from injuries or rookie performance.

Also has slated Reed inside, which I'm not sure has been a confirmed move. Either way it should go down as not enough information.

What it does project is who they feel will start and where. Preach could well be starter at FB and CJ is likely to push Graham and Griffin. More to come with TV to see if guys like Bullough press for IlB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #22
brg88tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 9919 brg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respected

shane lechler is elite
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #23
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
To be fair I don't think this fully reflects all the changes made this off season and doesn't project how players might come back from injuries or rookie performance.

Also has slated Reed inside, which I'm not sure has been a confirmed move. Either way it should go down as not enough information.

What it does project is who they feel will start and where. Preach could well be starter at FB and CJ is likely to push Graham and Griffin. More to come with TV to see if guys like Bullough press for IlB.
Assuming you meant TC as in training camp? If so, I agree. If we're waiting until we see them on TV then I'm gonna be pissed.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
And how can you not list D. Brown, Foster and Cushing as elite players ? This whole list is just bad opinion.
The fact that they don't rate Tom Brady as "elite" tells me all I need to know.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The fact that they don't rate Tom Brady as "elite" tells me all I need to know.
Since it appears they are totally focused on last season, on that season alone Brady was not elite. Unfortunately my money would be that pissed him off and he will be again this season (that and folks hounding him about getting old and quitting).
Old 06-07-2014   #26
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Since it appears they are totally focused on last season, on that season alone Brady was not elite. Unfortunately my money would be that pissed him off and he will be again this season (that and folks hounding him about getting old and quitting).
My money is on Tom Brady doesn't give an eff about what anyone thinks, writes, or otherwise.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Shh be very very quiet! We are sneaking up on bunny rabbits and bopping them on the head.
Old 06-07-2014   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
shane lechler is elite
True dat.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Which NFL teams have the best collections of players?FYI (if you're not an insider); Colts lead the AFC South at 12, Robert Mathis is their only elite player. Titans are 21st, & Jacksonville is 32nd.

Cowboys are 18th with no elite players.

Top ten:
  1. Seahawks
  2. 49ers
  3. Broncos
  4. Saints
  5. Eagles
  6. Patriots
  7. Bengals
  8. Packers
  9. Cardinals
  10. Native Americans wearing big feathered headdresses
Here's the way I see it, based off of last yr (Injuries included.)

Brown - is a green with a chance to be a blue. Due to injury and playing next to an injured W.Smith.

Foster- Should be a light green because he's coming off back surgery and you don't know how long it will be before his back goes out again.

Cushing- Who knows what his level of play will be or if he will get injured again. Light green seems fair.

Watt/AJ- Definitely Blue.
Fitzpatrick= Orange, I agree.
Griffin= Agreed/ Graham will be replaced by Fiedo so this grade should be a purple.

Hopkins- Yellow = Agreed with a chance for great improvement in yr 2.
Martin- Agreed. Luckily he will only be the KR/PR if he even makes the team. I look for Posey/Labhart/Bonner to take Martin's spot on the roster. So this position will be upgraded.

Jones- Orange= Agreed, but Su'a-Filo was drafted to be a major upgrade so I don't think this grade is fair.

Myers/Brooks- Light Green= Agreed, But I look for a big improvement from Brooks as a 2nd yr starter.

Newton-Red= Agreed, But he will get better or be replaced by Ques/Williams/Witzmann. I look for this position to be a lot better than most people think this yr.

Powe- Gray = Agreed, But I feel Nix, if healthy will become the best NT since the Texans inception. Massive upgrade.

Crick- Orange = Agreed, Crick has potential to be a light green, since this is his 1st real chance to get PT.

Reed- Red= Disagree. Reed should have been playing ILB all along. He will be a major upgrade. Great against the run and can cover the deep middle against TE's.

Mercilus- Orange= Agreed, Situational Pass rusher at best. I hope that Tarpinian (SP?) or Williams can beat Mercilus out. This position needs upgrading.

Joseph- Light green= Disagree, Joseph's play has really suffered due to injury the last couple of yrs. He has been playing at an orange level. But if healthy he could become a blue/green level player.

Jackson- Yellow = Agreed.
Harris- Orange= Agreed, he needs to improve majorly or be replaced.
Swearinger- Orange= Agreed, But if he can keep his head on his shoulders I look for Swearinger to be one of the most improved players on the roster.

Clemons- Agreed

Thoughts?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
shane lechler is elite
yep he sure is. Guy dont know elite from non elite IMO
Old 06-07-2014   #31
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 34200 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
...Thoughts?
Your assessment of Mercilus may be a bit premature. This will be Mercilus' second year of starting, assuming he wins the opportunity, and traditionally OLB's make significant improvement in production this second year. He needs to develop a second move for his pass rush but if he can accomplish this he should surprise.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
From my understanding, O'Brien likes to throw more than Kubiak. Kubiak always strived for a 50%-50% run-pass ratio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
And I would agree. (Did I just type that?) BUT and there's always a BUT he KNOWS he can't do that this season. So he stocked up on big nasties in the trenches because like all wise coaches he's been following the board and has heeded steelb's passionate rant about doing same. This team is built to run it down the opposition's throat and make them like it all the while stifling whatever they try to do as an offense.
Which is probably why Newton is still "penciled in" as the starting RG. I had no issues with his run blocking. Not saying he was elite, or even played at the Caveman level, but he was effective & has good size.

But in the words of a the wise Tyson, "Everybody has a plan until hey get punched in the mouf."

Kubiak always wanted a balanced attack, but when push came to shove, he bailed on the running game pretty easily. It wasn't until Dennison came in that we saw more patience in the run game.

Besides, if we're as bad as "everyone" says we are, we're going to be playing from behind, meaning we're going to be throwing the ball quite a bit. Fitzpatrick doesn't have an issue slinging it & we saw Tj is just as apt to throw caution to the wind. With Andre & DeAndre & a big TE safety blanket & a healthy Arian catching out of the backfield... throwing it may not be a bad idea.

Which I always thought was funny... our "game plan" was always to stop the run & force the opposing team to throw the ball... become one dimensional. Which is fine & works for most teams. But when you're playing New England, Greenbay, or New Orleans... it always reminded me of a story I once heard about a rabbit & a briar patch.
Old 06-07-2014   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Your assessment of Mercilus may be a bit premature. This will be Mercilus' second year of starting, assuming he wins the opportunity, and traditionally OLB's make significant improvement in production this second year. He needs to develop a second move for his pass rush but if he can accomplish this he should surprise.
With Reed moving to ILB, this means Mercilus will be playing the SAM. He will be required to set the edge and cover TE's/RB's. This doesn't appear to be his strong suit. In fact I'm excited to see Tarpinian play the SAM. Tarpinian's strong suit is in coverage.

Mercilus will best be used as a situational pass rusher. A front 4 of Clowney/Watt/Matthews/Mercilus should lead Mercilus to a 10 sack season if Mercilus improves as much as you think/I hope he does.

The jury is still out.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
My money is on Tom Brady doesn't give an eff about what anyone thinks, writes, or otherwise.
Funny... I think Tom manages to keep what "everybody" thinks into perspective. He lets enough in to fuel that fire to continue to get better. & he's still getting better (which, I think, is what really makes him great).

I love Peyton & for the longest he got my vote as the greatest QB of our time. The man's a machine. Year in, year out you know what you're going to get from Peyton & very few teams can actually mess up his ability to execute.

But Brady, every year he & Bill are developing new ways to get it done & like last year, you saw (right before your eyes) that offense improve game to game.
Old 06-07-2014   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
With Reed moving to ILB, this means Mercilus will be playing the SAM. He will be required to set the edge and cover TE's/RB's. This doesn't appear to be his strong suit. In fact I'm excited to see Tarpinian play the SAM. Tarpinian's strong suit is in coverage.

Mercilus will best be used as a situational pass rusher. A front 4 of Clowney/Watt/Matthews/Mercilus should lead Mercilus to a 10 sack season if Mercilus improves as much as you think/I hope he does.

The jury is still out.
Interesting...

I like Tarpinian. The fact that it was New England that picked him up (undrafted) says a lot... the fact that they let him go says more. I will say that he looked like a LB to me & I liked him inside next to Cushing. I don't know that Reed will actually be moved next to Cushing, or that he will start.

I liked Tuggle at SAM, but like Reed, not much of a threat to the QB. Playing in a true 2 gap 3-4 may help him... may help Reed. But neither have elite talent. I don't see putting Mercilus, who has elite talent, on the bench to start Reed, Tuggle, or Tarpinian.

But that's what training camp is for eh? So we'll see.
Old 06-07-2014   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Interesting...

I like Tarpinian. The fact that it was New England that picked him up (undrafted) says a lot... the fact that they let him go says more. I will say that he looked like a LB to me & I liked him inside next to Cushing. I don't know that Reed will actually be moved next to Cushing, or that he will start.

I liked Tuggle at SAM, but like Reed, not much of a threat to the QB. Playing in a true 2 gap 3-4 may help him... may help Reed. But neither have elite talent. I don't see putting Mercilus, who has elite talent, on the bench to start Reed, Tuggle, or Tarpinian.

But that's what training camp is for eh? So we'll see.
Yep Mercilus did have 7 sacks last season, and thats when everyone on the team was having trouble getting to the QB.
Old 06-07-2014   #37
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's the way I see it, based off of last yr (Injuries included.)

Brown - is a green with a chance to be a blue. Due to injury and playing next to an injured W.Smith.

Foster- Should be a light green because he's coming off back surgery and you don't know how long it will be before his back goes out again.

Cushing- Who knows what his level of play will be or if he will get injured again. Light green seems fair.

Watt/AJ- Definitely Blue.
Fitzpatrick= Orange, I agree.
Griffin= Agreed/ Graham will be replaced by Fiedo so this grade should be a purple.

Hopkins- Yellow = Agreed with a chance for great improvement in yr 2.
Martin- Agreed. Luckily he will only be the KR/PR if he even makes the team. I look for Posey/Labhart/Bonner to take Martin's spot on the roster. So this position will be upgraded.

Jones- Orange= Agreed, but Su'a-Filo was drafted to be a major upgrade so I don't think this grade is fair.

Myers/Brooks- Light Green= Agreed, But I look for a big improvement from Brooks as a 2nd yr starter.

Newton-Red= Agreed, But he will get better or be replaced by Ques/Williams/Witzmann. I look for this position to be a lot better than most people think this yr.

Powe- Gray = Agreed, But I feel Nix, if healthy will become the best NT since the Texans inception. Massive upgrade.

Crick- Orange = Agreed, Crick has potential to be a light green, since this is his 1st real chance to get PT.

Reed- Red= Disagree. Reed should have been playing ILB all along. He will be a major upgrade. Great against the run and can cover the deep middle against TE's.

Mercilus- Orange= Agreed, Situational Pass rusher at best. I hope that Tarpinian (SP?) or Williams can beat Mercilus out. This position needs upgrading.

Joseph- Light green= Disagree, Joseph's play has really suffered due to injury the last couple of yrs. He has been playing at an orange level. But if healthy he could become a blue/green level player.

Jackson- Yellow = Agreed.
Harris- Orange= Agreed, he needs to improve majorly or be replaced.
Swearinger- Orange= Agreed, But if he can keep his head on his shoulders I look for Swearinger to be one of the most improved players on the roster.

Clemons- Agreed

Thoughts?
I think you nailed it pretty good steelb.

A couple of thoughts.

Quote:
I know everyone and all their kinfolk have been down on #75 since jumpstreet and he was more than culpable considering the results. I'm on record as saying, given the chance, when healthy, he will produce. If one would just stop and look at the entire picture I don't think his future is as grim as most think and would have everyone believe. I base my stance on the what happened in his real world NFL experience of three years. He was a platooning his rookie season. After he won/was awarded the starting position he blew out his patellar tendon. A serious injury. Doc said at the time if he wasn't afforded the opportunity heal fully he could never be expected to return to pre-injury form. We're all aware of the "company drs." willingness to give a player a fit for duty when chances are more than pretty good an IME from a private doctor of his choosing would result in an opinion that Newton was not ready to take the field yet. He just wasn't ready and that was evident in his play. #75 is now fully healed and over the off season lost fat & gained muscle . I don't recall where I heard it (mothership) or read it (again) so I don't have a link but it was reported that he was moving much better, appeared nimble and was quicker on his feet. I hope he plays as well as I think he can. I think he's made the effort to do so. If not then:

Quote:
he will be replaced by Ques/Williams/Witzmann.
I didn't include Williams because I don't think he'll ever see an NFL field. I really hope I'm wrong but with what Doc says along with the research I've done his future in the league just doesn't appear promising. AT ALL.

Quote:
I truly hope Mercilus can pony up and show us he was/is worthy of his draft status. With more pressure from upfront other than JJ it wouldn't surprise me. Wade seemed like a fair judge of talent. I think this is the year he'll show us that he is an NFL talent and not a "one year wonder" in school. Tarpinian I agree is another one to watch. He stood out several times last season with good, heads up play. I expect to see quite a bit of him this season. O'Brien has highlighted his name as doing well during OTAs before including everyone else and the grounds keepers. Williams appears to be a good find as well from what I've heard and read.

Bottom line is I think this defense can and will play in the league's top ten when they get the scheme down and learn each other during the heat of battle. In the end none of us have anything more to do with it than discuss it amongst ourselves(it's what we do). Bill O'Brien is going to field the best team of players that he possibly can. It's not only in his and the team's best interest, but his job as well.

I'm reservedly optimistic about our Texans this upcoming season but the Kool-Aid and accompanying glasses will remain on the top shelf of the closet.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 06-07-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: reworded a sentence ;^)
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #38
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yep Mercilus did have 7 sacks last season, and thats when everyone on the team was having trouble getting to the QB.
He also had more sacks in his rookie season than Mario or Watt, while playing part time.

I still have high expectations for Mercilus.
Old 06-08-2014   #39
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
This will be Mercilus' third year. Second year of starting, but third year.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #40
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
He also had more sacks in his rookie season than Mario or Watt, while playing part time.

I still have high expectations for Mercilus.
Reed and Mercilus are tied for the most sacks in their rookie seasons, although keep in mind that Brooks had 3.5 sacks (tied with Watt for most in the NFL) in the post season of his rookie year which isn't counted in the regular rookie season sack totals.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read