Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014   #1
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cheap Jadeveon Clowney Jersey?

I don't want to hear "Don't buy a replica jersey" or "Stop being cheap and buy the real thing" or whatever. I honestly don't think a piece of clothing is worth +100 dollars and I don't plan on spending that amount.

I was looking around for some cheap replica jerseys I could buy for me and a couple of my friends so we could wear them for a game we will attend this season.

I found one online that seems to be of good quality (or good enough at least)

LINK

Does anyone know if this jersey is legit? Has anyone purchased a replica jersey before that's something like this one? I've never bought anything from this website so any insight would be great.

I want to pull the trigger on this deal and order 3 jerseys but that's a lot of money to fork over if they aren't legit.

Thanks for your help my fellow Texans!
Old 06-04-2014   #2
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheap Jadeveon Clowney Jersey?

Don't take this the wrong way, but those are really fake looking!

Why not get something like this? It'll probably last longer.

http://shop.houstontexans.com/Housto...%E2%80%93_Blue
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Compare the lettering / numbers to an authentic jersey and make sure they're close. If you're fine with it, go for it. Personally have never dealt with that site.

I have an overseas knockoff, 2 actually, that looks close to the real thing other than the stitching for TEXANS on the front chest the threads between letters attach on the outside of the jersey vs inside.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #4
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wise china man once said, much better to have fake jersey, than fake tickets!
Old 06-05-2014   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but those are really fake looking!

Why not get something like this? It'll probably last longer.

http://shop.houstontexans.com/Housto...%E2%80%93_Blue
You obviously haven't seen really bad ones if you think those look "off".

As for the "last longer"? I've still got Carr jerseys from 2003 in excellent condition. I refuse to pay $250+ for something that costs $25-40 to produce and the rest is NFL licensing B.S.

It's not that I won't buy authentics (I own a custom Biggio jersey), they just have to actually be made well and cost-appropriate. The Biggio jersey was $170 and 5x the quality of an NFL jersey.
Old 06-05-2014   #6
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You obviously haven't seen really bad ones if you think those look "off".

As for the "last longer"? I've still got Carr jerseys from 2003 in excellent condition. I refuse to pay $250+ for something that costs $25-40 to produce and the rest is NFL licensing B.S.

It's not that I won't buy authentics (I own a custom Biggio jersey), they just have to actually be made well and cost-appropriate. The Biggio jersey was $170 and 5x the quality of an NFL jersey.
$250? I've got some from Academy, they're $100 each.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
$250? I've got some from Academy, they're $100 each.
Unless they were on clearance, you can't get on-field authentics with stiched numbers and letters for $100.
Old 06-05-2014   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless they were on clearance, you can't get on-field authentics with stiched numbers and letters for $100.
One of you are talking about Rebok Authentic or Nike Elite jerseys. One of you are taking about Nike Game jerseys.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl

My wife bought me a Rebok Authentic #80 AJ back in 2004 for $250. I had purchased a few knock offs back in the day and I can say that buying an authentic is the best choice to and for me. Just make sure the player is gonna be around for awhile.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason those Asian knockoff companies have a hard time getting the Texans number borders right. I have Mario one that they did a good job on but most look off.

Here is one on ebay that looks decent for $60 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111367563627?lpid=82
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we have a member of TT that was offering excellent quality stuff for very reasonable prices? (sorry..just could not help myself).
Old 06-05-2014   #11
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't mind eBay you can but you have to be careful. I'm a self-proclaimed knockoff expert. This jersey is the real deal, I bought an old Carr jersey (ripped the nameplate off but duct tape adds a classy look) for under $50 and wore it several times a year. Yes it's Reebok but there's a massive difference in quality compared to the knockoffs.

This one would be great for duct tape or whatever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-RE...item51b04900c9
Craig. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #12
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I wish there was a good knock off Asian company that we could by jerseys from. The one we used from a while back to get jerseys with Dutch was really good.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My man in China "Keki" has this down to a science (to the extent that anyone doing this can say they have it down to a science.

Link

I've ordered a couple of hundred jerseys from this guy and had only a handful of issues with any of them. I think it might be the same fellow that Dutch was using. he gets shut down from time to time and then a mysterious little email will appear in my mailbox with a new link and the same site.

Once you order from him and he gets your email address you never lose touch with him for long.

Enjoy.
Old 06-06-2014   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
My man in China "Keki" has this down to a science (to the extent that anyone doing this can say they have it down to a science.

Link

I've ordered a couple of hundred jerseys from this guy and had only a handful of issues with any of them. I think it might be the same fellow that Dutch was using. he gets shut down from time to time and then a mysterious little email will appear in my mailbox with a new link and the same site.

Once you order from him and he gets your email address you never lose touch with him for long.

Enjoy.
$23, that's a heck of a deal.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
$23, that's a heck of a deal.
Never works out to that. There's shipping and handling and somehow they always come out to around $35-$40 a jersey but that still beats the heck out of the real ones and these aren't too bad. I've got quite a few of them.

I wanted to put together an order with some people at work back when Dutch was doing it and wanted to find some "partners" to go in with me so that none of us was going to lose too much if these guys turned out to be crooks. At that time they were doing this "10 or more you get free shipping" thing so they really were $23. None of us bought more than 2 and they showed up pretty quickly. When I handed them out at work everybody was very happy with the quality and of course all the people around us saw what we had. Next thing I knew I'd put together like 8 orders for over 200 jerseys for people. I wasn't making anything on them (that was never my desire) and it was a pain in the ass. Finally I pulled the plug on it and now I only order from him every once in a while for myself. Last year I bought 10 jerseys and he threw an extra Hopkins #10 in which I gave to Double Barrel.

I'll tell you one thing. I've not been as happy with the Nike Elite jerseys as I was with the Reebok jerseys and at first I thought "Keki's quality is really sliding". Then I saw a real Nike Elite jersey and revised that opinion. It's just a case of those guys closely copying an inferior original. I don't dig how the Nike jerseys fit and the knock offs share that problem so I guess that means they're really "authentic".... sadly.
Old 06-06-2014   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never works out to that. There's shipping and handling and somehow they always come out to around $35-$40 a jersey but that still beats the heck out of the real ones and these aren't too bad. I've got quite a few of them.

I wanted to put together an order with some people at work back when Dutch was doing it and wanted to find some "partners" to go in with me so that none of us was going to lose too much if these guys turned out to be crooks. At that time they were doing this "10 or more you get free shipping" thing so they really were $23. None of us bought more than 2 and they showed up pretty quickly. When I handed them out at work everybody was very happy with the quality and of course all the people around us saw what we had. Next thing I knew I'd put together like 8 orders for over 200 jerseys for people. I wasn't making anything on them (that was never my desire) and it was a pain in the ass. Finally I pulled the plug on it and now I only order from him every once in a while for myself. Last year I bought 10 jerseys and he threw an extra Hopkins #10 in which I gave to Double Barrel.

I'll tell you one thing. I've not been as happy with the Nike Elite jerseys as I was with the Reebok jerseys and at first I thought "Keki's quality is really sliding". Then I saw a real Nike Elite jersey and revised that opinion. It's just a case of those guys closely copying an inferior original. I don't dig how the Nike jerseys fit and the knock offs share that problem so I guess that means they're really "authentic".... sadly.
Is he doing Nike jerseys? Everything I saw on there were Reeboks.

Nevermind, I found them. He has them separated.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I would go with that guy's site that the previous two posters have alluded to. If you want to go the eBay route you have to be very detailed when inspecting the jerseys, and it's only pictures so you won't really know much until you get the jersey in your hands.

Ain't nothin wrong with buying a knockoff, and $250 for a jersey is a fairly stupid price for a jersey. I don't even think hockey jerseys are that expensive and they are way way way better made (The authentics that I have been able to hold and compare at least). NFL prices are like super dumb.
Old 06-07-2014   #18
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I don't want to hear "Don't buy a replica jersey" or "Stop being cheap and buy the real thing" or whatever.
Think there are enough of us who have NFL licensed ex-player jerseys hanging in the closet; that we understand and wholeheartedly endorse saving money on these things. If I were to ever purchase another officially licensed jersey it would be a personalized version. Were I to purchase a players jersey it would be a knock off.

The link Herv provided should be what your looking for.
Old 06-07-2014   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Think there are enough of us who have NFL licensed ex-player jerseys hanging in the closet; that we understand and wholeheartedly endorse saving money on these things. If I were to ever purchase another officially licensed jersey it would be a personalized version. Were I to purchase a players jersey it would be a knock off.

The link Herv provided should be what your looking for.
This is kind of my rule now with one caveat. Right now I'd buy Andre Johnson's jersey, full price and official licensed copy. Wouldn't even hesitate. AJ, whether he finishes his career here or not is what I consider a "Forever Texan" and his career has been long enough, and good enough to make wearing his jersey to a Texans game 20 years from now entirely acceptable and an honor.

I'd go all out on one of those. Hopefully there are a few more players I can say that about sooner rather than later. I have high hopes for that "Watt" fellow. I think he's going to be another good one. Cushing and Foster are also in the mix. Duane Brown too.

Right now though it's really just AJ.
Old 06-07-2014   #20
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is kind of my rule now with one caveat. Right now I'd buy Andre Johnson's jersey, full price and official licensed copy. Wouldn't even hesitate. AJ, whether he finishes his career here or not is what I consider a "Forever Texan" and his career has been long enough, and good enough to make wearing his jersey to a Texans game 20 years from now entirely acceptable and an honor.

I'd go all out on one of those. Hopefully there are a few more players I can say that about sooner rather than later. I have high hopes for that "Watt" fellow. I think he's going to be another good one. Cushing and Foster are also in the mix. Duane Brown too.

Right now though it's really just AJ.
AJ would be about the only player I would maybe purchase too; as he will be remembered as the Texans greatest player (along with Watt if he continues doing what he is doing). I do have an Eddie George jersey when he was with the HOUSTON Oilers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read