Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2014   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How Can the Houston Texans Maximize Talent of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I believe he's lining up weakside BUT... the press is under strict orders to not talk about lineups and where guys are playing. So no one can tell us where he's lining up.

At least, that's my understanding.
They have mentioned that he's lined up a time or two next to Jj

Old 06-03-2014   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Can the Houston Texans Maximize Talent of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney?

Daneil Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks
Quote:
Bad news for NFL QBs --> "@JJWatt: Working my way through the Rocky movies for the first time. Quite motivating.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014   #23
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never seen any of the Rocky movies either....hahaha...

Thought I was the only one...
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #24
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

You are now.
Old 06-05-2014   #25
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be surprised if we see Clowney on offense at some point. Maybe not this year, but he's freakishly athletic for someone his size and I think he could be used in a goal line situation as a TE. Didn't Mike Vrabel play some TE with the Pats? I can see the Texans utilizing Clowney that way.
Old 06-05-2014   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Only watch the first two. You will regret any after that point.
Old 06-05-2014   #27
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Only watch the first two. You will regret any after that point.
Blasphemy!!

I actually enjoyed Rocky 3 and 4, but when I saw them again this past weekend, I noticed they're almost exactly the same.

Rocky 5 and the one right after was awful, but I still watch them.
santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2014   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I would not be surprised if we see Clowney on offense at some point... Didn't Mike Vrabel play some TE with the Pats? I can see the Texans utilizing Clowney that way.
If Texans put Watt or Clowney in on offense against me, my safeties/DBs are diving at their knees like Swearinger did Keller. I wouldn't risk them.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #29
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
If Texans put Watt or Clowney in on offense against me, my safeties/DBs are diving at their knees like Swearinger did Keller. I wouldn't risk them.
Playing football is a health risk. I don't know if it'll happen but it sure would be fun!
Old 06-05-2014   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Crick
Pagan
Powe

and DEFFFFF OLB Trevardo have got to step them game up fast for us to be a really leathel

I think we gots to find a way to get our OLB merclius or Trevardo to get free runs at the QB or free coverage to shut down a WR or TE
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #31
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would not be surprised if we see Clowney on offense at some point. Maybe not this year, but he's freakishly athletic for someone his size and I think he could be used in a goal line situation as a TE. Didn't Mike Vrabel play some TE with the Pats? I can see the Texans utilizing Clowney that way.
Why risk it? JJ played TE before he became a DT. If a defensive player were to play, it would logically be him. But because of the fear of injury at a new position, we'll probably not see it and if we did it would be a third stringer which we could afford to lose.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #32
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's a bad idea in general to take a defensive player and put him on the field in place of an offensive player who spends 100% of his practice time on offense. It would be a very, very rare defensive player who could come in and offer an advantage over a guy who runs the offense as his day job.

Specific to Clowney, no way do you take a rookie who is changing positions and ask him to learn even more so you can put him on offense for maybe one play every other game or so... makes no sense to me at all.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Why risk it? JJ played TE before he became a DT. If a defensive player were to play, it would logically be him. But because of the fear of injury at a new position, we'll probably not see it and if we did it would be a third stringer which we could afford to lose.
Clowney did play RB in high school. Was damn good too. Also I have seen Nix play some RB in a video somewhere. Don't remember where. I think it was a scrimmage at ND.
Old 06-06-2014   #34
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Clowney did play RB in high school. Was damn good too. Also I have seen Nix play some RB in a video somewhere. Don't remember where. I think it was a scrimmage at ND.

Here is a link that has Clowney highlights from high school. A man amongst boys, it was just unfair. Scroll down just a little bit for the video.

http://mashable.com/2014/05/08/jadev...ney-nfl-draft/

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read