Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2014   #141
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian foster Gives Case Keenum a real chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Among the top 3 most embarrassing losses that the Texans ever endured.
Not even close, imo. We'd already clinched and we were playing with Yates as our QB.

Embarrassing to me is like the game in NE showing up with those ridiculous letterman jackets and getting thumped by 4 TDs.

"Any given Sunday" and all that jazz, but that game made us out to look like fools and fakes
Old 06-06-2014   #142
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88550 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #143
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Not even close, imo. We'd already clinched and we were playing with Yates as our QB.

Embarrassing to me is like the game in NE showing up with those ridiculous letterman jackets and getting thumped by 4 TDs.

"Any given Sunday" and all that jazz, but that game made us out to look like fools and fakes
To me there is a lesson in the letterman jackets but it is for the fans and not so much the team. Fans constantly clamour for the team to have swagger, unity, esprit de corps, etc. If they had won that game half the fans in Houston would have been sporting letterman jackets. Instead they are the stupidest, most immature, poorly coached, distracted collection of dumbasses to ever pretend to be an NFL team.
Old 06-06-2014   #144
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Besides, they were not sucking for Luck when they played the Texans on 12/22/11 and Dan Orlovsky lead them to victory at the end. If they were truly trying to suck for Luck, they would have clearly rolled over, but instead they kept fighting, thus undermining anyone trying to sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Among the top 3 most embarrassing losses that the Texans ever endured.
Note, Dan Orlovsky did not lead the Colts to victory over the Houston Texans in that game. Jerome Boger secured the win for the Colts and should not be denied the credit he's due.
Old 06-06-2014   #145
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know, man. I know it's all subjective, but that loss was truly pathetic.

The Colts were 1-13 at that point. The Texans were 10-4 and had already beaten Cincinnati to win the franchise's first division title and playoff berth.

It should not have even been a competitive game with Manning out and the Texans riding high. It should have been the first win in Indy, but instead, the team was so hyped about the playoffs that it was part of three losses in a row to end the season.

If you recall, the Texans didn't convert a third down in that game until late in the fourth quarter, and then the Texans defense gave up three penalties in the last drive to let the Colts score a TD with 19 seconds left.

It was that game that I started to realize that being a division champion is much different than ACTING like a division champion. They did not have the killer instinct, and while they beat the Bengals in the playoffs, they were manhandled by the Ravens a week later *cough*JacobyJonesFAIL*cough*.

It was not as embarrassing as the VY rookie game at Reliant, but I'd say it was up there simply because the 2011 Texans were acting like big boys of the division with Manning gone, but appeared to be just that, an act.

In hindsight, they were just keeping the seat warm for Andrew Luck.

With the New England game, I never expected them to win. I did expect them to be competitive, but there's no shame in losing to a dynasty team. By comparison, losing to the 1-13 Colts in a last minuted drive by Orlovsky was truly pathetic for a division "champ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Note, Dan Orlovsky did not lead the Colts to victory over the Houston Texans in that game. Jerome Boger secured the win for the Colts and should not be denied the credit he's due.
I know what you're saying, man, but if a loss to a 1-13 team has to be blamed on an official, then perhaps the division champion needs a serious gut check.
Old 06-06-2014   #146
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We agree to disagree, sir.

If we can't even beat the one win Colts with Dan Orlovsky (of all ppl) leading their team, that's pretty embarrassing. Not sure, but I believe that the Texans weren't out of the hunt for first round bye at that point, so the Texans certainly had more than one reason to want to win that game. Although, if whipping the Colts in their own building isn't a good enough reason to want to win after constantly being thrashed by them I don't know what is!!!!
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #147
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
To me there is a lesson in the letterman jackets but it is for the fans and not so much the team. Fans constantly clamour for the team to have swagger, unity, esprit de corps, etc. If they had won that game half the fans in Houston would have been sporting letterman jackets. Instead they are the stupidest, most immature, poorly coached, distracted collection of dumbasses to ever pretend to be an NFL team.
So you're saying Ben Tate had a point...?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2014   #148
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I remember seeing those things and thinking WTF. The amount of crap I put up with as a Texan fan over those things is unimaginable. To this day I still have people asking how my high school football team is doing.

You can't create your own reputation through silly nicknames and garbage like letterman jackets. You create your rep on the field, by winning games and playing smash mouth football. I hope this season is a new beginning for this team.
Old 06-07-2014   #149
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
I remember seeing those things and thinking WTF. The amount of crap I put up with as a Texan fan over those things is unimaginable. To this day I still have people asking how my high school football team is doing.

You can't create your own reputation through silly nicknames and garbage like letterman jackets. You create your rep on the field, by winning games and playing smash mouth football. I hope this season is a new beginning for this team.
the letterman jackets are an easy target, but if the Texans had made a deep playoff run or if it was a more established or even "cooler" media team, we would be seeing those things all over the place.

BTw, i have not had one person ever mention the letterman jackets to me in their Texans bashing.
Old 06-07-2014   #150
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post

Ever the optimist, I believe your hopes will be realized beginning with this season. Good bye fitness, Hello Black -N- Blue opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
the letterman jackets are an easy target, but if the Texans had made a deep playoff run or if it was a more established or even "cooler" media team, we would be seeing those things all over the place.

BTw, i have not had one person ever mention the letterman jackets to me in their Texans bashing.
Likewise. We may be kinda in the same boat AT. Determined in your case by geographical location and the fact that there are STILL MORE C'boy fans around here than Texans fans. 'Nawlins running a close second with the Texans rounding out the order.

Granted there was more show of Texans support during a recent two year window but it appears that window is closed again and all those seats on the bandwagon are now vacant.

They'll be back but now I know who they are.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #151
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Ever the optimist, I believe your hopes will be realized beginning with this season. Good bye fitness, Hello Black -N- Blue opponents.
I'm glad everyone is buying into all things new, just... well, how much of it is new & how much has just been re-labeled?

Yeah, things are going to be different... but some of these things make me wonder. Were we full of it when we feigned outrage when Lombardy called us soft? Did that really happen when DBrown76 redecorated James Harrison's (a bad mofo in his own right) skull? Where we a finesse team when Arian led the league in rushing?

I like the new... but it ain't all knew. A lot of what we're going to be doing will be the same as what we've been doing; two TEs, a lot of pre snap reads by the QB, converting routes based on the defense, zone runs, pulling guards, & the last time Arian was healthy he was used as one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield.

This team needed to get mentally tough & I hope more than anything that's what OB brings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited by thunderkyss; 06-07-2014 at 07:38 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #152
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm glad everyone is buying into all things new, just... well, how much of it is new & how much gas just been re-labeled?

Yeah, things are going to be different... but some of these things make me wonder. Were we full of it when we feigned outrage when Lombardy called us soft? Did that really happen when DBrown76 redecorated James Harrison's (a bad mofo in his own right) skull? Where we a finesse team when Arian led the league in rushing?

I like the new... but it ain't all knew. A lot of what we're going to be doing will be the same as what we've been doing; two TEs, a lot of pre snap reads by the QB, converting routes based on the defense, zone runs, pulling guards, & the last time Arian was healthy he was used as one of the best receiving threats out of the backfield.

This team needed to get mentally tough & I hope more than anything that's what OB brings.

I think they just meant in general like us getting pushed around by the tougher stronger teams. Us not competing very well in prime time in hostile environments. I think that is what they meant when calling us soft.
Old 06-07-2014   #153
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm glad everyone is buying into all things new, just... well, how much of it is new & how much has just been re-labeled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think they just meant in general like us getting pushed around by the tougher stronger teams. Us not competing very well in prime time in hostile environments. I think that is what they meant when calling us soft.
TK, see EllisUnit's reply. More in line with what I was thinking but I know that's not the way it came across. But yeah, mentally tough along with being just Bad MoFos whistle to whistle. That oughta leave 'em with at least with a mark, eh?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #154
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

When I was in junior high and high school, I thought letter jackets were silly unless a pretty girl was wearing one. I wasn't on a team so wasn't into them (pun intended). I went from class to work. TBH I did wear an grocery store apron and thought that was silly also.

These Texans will be going to work.
Old 06-07-2014   #155
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
When I was in junior high and high school, I thought letter jackets were silly unless a pretty girl was wearing one. I wasn't on a team so wasn't into them (pun intended). I went from class to work. TBH I did wear an grocery store apron and thought that was silly also.

These Texans will be going to work.
yeah lettermans were the ****, still are in high school. I met some girl from another school district, slept with her and she stole my damn jacket. Prob due to my ravishing good looks but it still sucked.
Old 06-07-2014   #156
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah lettermans were the ****, still are in high school. I met some girl from another school district, slept with her and she stole my damn jacket. Prob due to my ravishing good looks but it still sucked.
So you might have a child out there somewhere?
Old 06-08-2014   #157
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So you might have a child out there somewhere?
i have 3 i know about, and due to my current financial situation that's all i want to know about

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read