Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2014   #121
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian foster Gives Case Keenum a real chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I laid the stats out there deny them if you like. Pass protection was middle of the pack in 2009 so it was mediocre at best. It was nowhere close to the protection Schaub enjoyed in '10, '11, and '12, and we know the running game was light years better in those years too, yet he did not achieve the same kind of success as in 2009.

You didn't mention defense, did I say you did? I added the defense aspect to disprove what you were saying about what QB's need to be "REALLY" successful as you put it. Why so defensive?

Yeah sure you said more words, but it was the essence of your point. Why you are now trying to move the goal post, or add more to your scenario, I don't know. You asked the question and IMO 2009 Schaub is a perfect example of what you asked for. I don't know why you have such a inflated view of your opinion, but I couldn't care less about winning an argument with you. I shared my opinion on your post, you got all defensive and cocky. Not my problem.

Herv, I would never expect to see you agree with me. Your posts speak for themselves. You are taking this way too personal, and I am sorry if you feel slighted somehow.

Brees had better pass protection (13th) yet he finished 4th, Brady had much better protection (4th) yet he finished 3rd, Manning had worse protection (17th) and he finished 2nd. And ALL of those teams had better running games than the Texans in 2009. Those are facts.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it.

OK man.
Old 06-04-2014   #122
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You really gotta let go of this angle ....
She put it out there I was just asking for a clarification.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #123
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...don't hold your breath.

and they said Kubiak was stubborn...
My wife agrees with this post.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #124
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
My wife agrees with this post.

Old 06-04-2014   #125
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

9. The real title of that article should be Arian Foster could give THIS OFFENSE a real chance. He really has been the most outstanding looking player on the offense of the skill positions in 2014.
The thread title confused me. I thought that Foster was endorsing Keenum's chances at becoming the starting QB. Misleading.
Old 06-04-2014   #126
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The thread title confused me. I thought that Foster was endorsing Keenum's chances at becoming the starting QB. Misleading.
sorry i did not make the name of the article i just copied it, but yeah thats what i thought before actually reading the article
Old 06-04-2014   #127
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, that's what got me to look at the thread in the first place. I was um, when did he talk to Foster? Because Foster isn't saying much, and he likely wouldn't say that.

And then I looked at the article. Blurgh. His hot takes from takey town are demented by even Skip Bayless standards.
Old 06-04-2014   #128
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
She put it out there I was just asking for a clarification.
What more clarification did you need than straight from the source ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #129
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but even then the league was still a rushing league, not so much anymore. And we all know that the colts were sucking for luck regardless of what the team was saying at the time. And you mentioned Luck, Faulk, Harrison. Is that all the team had ? I'm not saying luck is horrible but there are a handful of other guys i would want at QB before him.
Colts players said they never sucked for Luck. I've seen interviews with various players that find the concept offensive to expect professional players to lay down for a draft pick. These guys are graded and paid by performance, so asking any of them to SUCK on purpose is preposterous.

And if anyone thinks the HC was in suck for Luck mode, why would he do that and lose his job? Which he did after that season. It makes no logical sense.

The owner and GM certainly did NOT call plays or make roster decisions, so any conspiracy in that regard is simply foolish.

"Suck for Luck" was a media creation perpetuated by fans, but it was never an actual strategy by anyone in the Colts organization.

Besides, they were not sucking for Luck when they played the Texans on 12/22/11 and Dan Orlovsky lead them to victory at the end. If they were truly trying to suck for Luck, they would have clearly rolled over, but instead they kept fighting, thus undermining anyone trying to sell it. (I'm sure someone will try to spin that they already had the #1 pick at this point. If so...what? The owner goes into the locker room and tells the team to stop sucking on purpose? Really? Is that the reality that you are trying to believe?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
6. The premise that Kubiak was somehow intentionally undermining Case Keenum is the biggest pile of an assorted of bad words the MB doesn't allow you to type. It makes my eyes roll back up into my head in an unattractive way.

Kubiak was the biggest supporter of Keenum out of school. His offense is actually probably one of the most well suited ones for Keenum because of the bootlegs. Why did Kubiak pull him? Because he didn't want him to get killed because he couldn't make the right choices as it related to blitzes. After there were marching orders post-Kubiak to play Keenum no matter what, that's when he got hurt.
QFT.

Every time I read/hear folks slam Kubiak because he didn't give Keenum a chance or whatever, I pretty much mark it up to doofus talk (no offense to anyone who continues to bleat such a thing).

The ONLY reason Keenum was even on an NFL roster was specifically because of Gary Kubiak. Keenum would be a footnote in NCAA football history right now if not for Kubiak.
Old 06-04-2014   #130
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Very interesting breakdown. Thanks! MSR.
Got him for you.
Old 06-04-2014   #131
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It doesn't mislead me one bit.

My understanding when reading the title is that "Keenum, if he start, has a real chance with Foster in the backfield".

Besides, from start to finish, all he did was to reiterate the current state of open competition at the QB position.
Whatever he wrote in any other article isn't carried over to this piece.
So what that he was wrong about Watt.
It won't be the last time somebody's opinion turns out to be wrong.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014   #132
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #133
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Is it really an open competition? Sounds like to me it's going to be Fitzpatrick by default.

Link

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #134
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it really an open competition? Sounds like to me it's going to be Fitzpatrick by default.

Link

I'm honestly not sure how you drew that conclusion form anything written in that article.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #135
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm honestly not sure how you drew that conclusion form anything written in that article.
Perhaps I am just better at reading between the lines than you? Maybe I phoned into Mrs. Cleo's Psychic hotline.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #136
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see it either. Basically I took it as an article stating why Fitzpatrick would be a good starter for O'Brien's system. We'll get a clearer picture of who will start once preseason starts.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #137
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135670 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading that article was a waste of 30 seconds.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #138
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Reading that article was a waste of 30 seconds.
Pretty much my thoughts.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #139
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link
Because of his experience, he's the probable starter. PROBABLE.

He's the guy who should win the job but if someone unexpectedly steps up, they can take the job from him. Personally, I think he's just keeping the seat warm for Savage and when OB thinks Savage can play without getting killed or without making too much of a fool of himself, Savage will "win" the job.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014   #140
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 14806 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Besides, they were not sucking for Luck when they played the Texans on 12/22/11 and Dan Orlovsky lead them to victory at the end. If they were truly trying to suck for Luck, they would have clearly rolled over, but instead they kept fighting, thus undermining anyone trying to sell it.
Among the top 3 most embarrassing losses that the Texans ever endured.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read