Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-28-2014   #41
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 316 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

Only the rookies have names taped on their helmets

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
BorrowMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
Only the rookies have names taped on their helmets

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
That explains it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #43
thitch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Oh, and I will check back in a little bit to answer any questions.
Can you post some QB stats, number of completions, interceptions, etc. for each of the qb's so far in OTAs?
thitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thitch View Post
Can you post some QB stats, number of completions, interceptions, etc. for each of the qb's so far in OTAs?
Homework assignments? - for practice? - we're talking practice, not a game.

The Texans don't want that kind of detail reported. TC could lose her pass.
Old 05-28-2014   #45
thitch
Rookie

Wasn't sure if she could answer those questions, but thought I'd ask since she volunteered to answer questions.

I heard that the first pass attempt was swatted down by Watt and was curious what quarterback threw it. Also heard that Fitzpatrick threw a pick six, but no real info on anyone else.
thitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wasn't sure if she could answer those questions, but thought I'd ask since she volunteered to answer questions.

I heard that the first pass attempt was swatted down by Watt and was curious what quarterback threw it. Also heard that Fitzpatrick threw a pick six, but no real info on anyone else.
Sometimes what Watt does is independent of the QB.
When he beat pass protection so badly, the QB has no time to pull the ball back.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's kinda too early to stress.
Keep in mind that they're still in shorts.
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2014   #48
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
It's kinda too early to stress.
Keep in mind that they're still in shorts.
No kidding.

How can Steph even concentrate!
Old 05-28-2014   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I heard that the first pass attempt was swatted down by Watt and was curious what quarterback threw it...
Fitzmagic.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #50
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Homework assignments? - for practice? - we're talking practice, not a game.
"We're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man."

Reminded me of why you don't prod the bear.
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #51
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
"We're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man."
Some things never get old.

This isn't one of them.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

OTA Day 1 Observations
John Harris

Quote:
[JD's] athleticism pops but his ability to change direction is off the charts. He does need to learn a few pet pass-rush moves but with no contact allowed until training camp, heíll have to be a quick study in late July/early August.

After seeing him drop, rush and play the run, he should be one of defensive coordinator Romeo Crennelís key chess pieces this season.
Quote:
Iíve been here since 2007 and Iíve not seen a back with [RB Alfred] Blueís burst to-and-through the hole... If he stays healthy, he could truly add a different wrinkle to the backfield this season.
Quote:
[WR Alan] Bonner looks as healthy as ever and caught my attention... Heís so explosive running his routes and caught nearly everything. As such, itís evident that he makes defensive backs uncomfortable with his route running.

Taking advantage of the expected emphasis on utilizing a true slot receiver, Bonner might be of more value to this staff than the previous one.
Quote:
This group brought a ton of energy to the ballyard, fed off the music and competed intensely all morning long. The coaches did too, which Iíve always said is a good sign. Iíve often said show me a team that finds a way to compete in every single thing it does and Iíll show you a team that hates to lose. Iíll take that team 100% of the time. What makes it more impressive is that a football team typically needs to pop the pads to get going, but OíBrienís crew was juiced without one physical hit.
Old 05-28-2014   #53
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ballyard? Mmkay
Old 05-28-2014   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Iíve been here since 2007 and Iíve not seen a back with [RB Alfred] Blueís burst to-and-through the hole... If he stays healthy, he could truly add a different wrinkle to the backfield this season.
Man, I'm likin' the sound of this. Sounds like our 1-2 RB punch could be back and better than ever.
Old 05-28-2014   #55
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

not to be a downer (but i'll be a downer obviously), but there seem to be a lot of "i've been here since X and havent seen Y before" this offseason. it's kind of hard to take these guys seriously when talking about rookies in shorts at positions where we have all-pros.
Old 05-28-2014   #56
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

1st Look Video: QB Drills on Wednesday: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...a-55fa077ff7f7

(tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top)
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant
Quote:
Can't tweet about #Texans practice yet but O'Brien's iPod practice playlist today included Police, Nirvana, Sean Paul, and Whitesnake. #OBPlaylist #Retro.
AdamWexlerCSN ‏@awexler
Quote:
"He's an animal. Always hounding me on what I eat. Works out twice a day. An animal." #Texans DT Jerrell Powe on 1st impressions of JJ Watt
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
David Quessenberry has added muscle, asked about being in NFL weight room for a year. "I've gotten bigger & stronger"

3 veteran QBs showed that they have to throw outs with anticipation like Schaub lacked [velocity] last year or more pick 6s OTW. Savage outs = no issue

Arian looks a mile ahead of where he was a month ago, also caught 2 passes at almost the same time when QBs made mistake & 2 threw at him

Keenum w 2 more great "go" throws. 1 barely misses Martin who was blanketed by Dre Hal. Other goes thru Hopkins hands who had step on Harris

Jawanza Starling w/ a great break from the safety position to almost pick a pass for Ryan Griffin. Griffin concentrates & makes grab #Texans

#Texans went back to same route / matchup and the rookie Williams recognized & broke on it for a would be pick 6 if he held on to it.

Case threw a great hitch route to Lacoltan Bester on Marcus Williams. Ball on top of Bester coming out of his break. #Texans

Dennis Johnson is so quick out RB routes and fits the NE Woodhead role IMO. #Texans

Travis Labhart had a few nice routes and hand catches in 1/2 field drills. #Texans

In 1/2 field reps, AJ Bouye continued to flash his break on the ball potential. #Texans

Brooks Reed picked up Foster well on and out from the backfield. #Texans

Mike Thomas continues to add to his personal value for the #Texans

3 of the first 4 passes that #Texans QBs threw in drill were batted down at the line. 2 from Yates & 1 from Fitz. Watt / Crick / Nix w/ PBUs
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
OL Xavier Su'a-Filo missing OTA's bc of going to school at UCLA. But O'Brien knows he'll be able to catch up. #Texans

O'Brien: RT Derek Newton had a good offseason, worked hard. But too early to make a final judgement. #Texans

"He's working. He comes in early. He stays late."- O'Brien on #Texans QB Tom Savage. Said all QB's doing that too.

O'Brien: Fitzpatrick/Keenum/Yates obviously ahead of Savage right now, knowledge-wise. #Texans

O'Brien: Leadership, work ethic, accuracy, knowledge of the offense amongst, getting better each day, being good teammate/coachable traits needed in a QB. #Texans
Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
Quote:
O'Brien says DeAndre Hopkins is a hard worker and takes coaching well. Is a tough player and has learned 2 new systems in 2 yrs. #Texans
Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
Tom Savage: "I haven't seen Houston yet." #Texans

Fitzpatrick said O'Brien's offense is definitely complex. Requires smart players who can quickly adapt and read defenses. #NFL #Texans

Several #Texans said biggest changes in O'Brien's offense are more autonomy and understanding play can change on a dime. Multiple, variable.

O'Brien had a one-word answer about #Texans riding Segways: "No." #NFL

#Texans' O'Brien joked he's not ready to send Alfred Blue to the Pro Bowl yet but the RB has definitely impressed early on. #NFL

#Texans using iPads to study new offense/defense during weekend, O'Brien said. #NFL

#Texans' O'Brien describes his offense as "multiple" with various reads, in-play adaptation. "There's a lot of thinking early on." #NFL

"Good offseason" for Derek Newton, O'Brien said. #Texans

Tom Savage gets a "Tommy" Savage nod from BO'B. #NFL #Texans

#Texans' O'Brien said he's "not sure" of Brennan Williams' health status. #NFL

Did O'Brien talk to #Texans about Andre Johnson? To reporter: "I'll never tell you what I talk to the team about, with all due respect. That's between us." #NFL

#Texans were a "little better" today, O'Brien said. #NFL

#Texans' Bill O'Brien said having wide-open QB competition is "best thing for this football team." #NFL
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
O'Brien points out his entire staff helps out with special teams. #Texans
James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Quote:
O’Brien says all coaches work with special teams and move around. What makes them a good staff.

O’Brien said he’s aware of the heat in Houston. Meets with head trainer and S&C coach. those 3 also pick the brain of Rick Smith on heat.

O’Brien said teaching in the NFL is much quicker. a week to install a few runs in CFB and a few runs installed in a day in NFL.

O’Brien loves to hear his other coaches teach and work with players as he moves to different position groups.

Last edited by Playoffs; 05-28-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-28-2014   #57
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
not to be a downer (but i'll be a downer obviously), but there seem to be a lot of "i've been here since X and havent seen Y before" this offseason. it's kind of hard to take these guys seriously when talking about rookies in shorts at positions where we have all-pros.
Agreed to a point. At the same time these all-pros were "rookies in shorts" at one time. Gotta start somewhere.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #58
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe its just me, but I'm digging the jerseys with the plain numbers on them, with out the outline around them. They have more of a classic look.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

--houstontexans.com
Old 05-28-2014   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

--houstontexans.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read